TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
My job is 30% clerical, 20% technical, and 50% waiting around until someone requires one of the aforementioned services. Our internet connection is slow, and we are strongly discouraged from watching video or streaming music, but there's nothing preventing me from reading MOST news stories during the down-time. Some subjects are blocked, although sometimes the blocker is "wrong" and blocks content that is not objectionable (ex. you can go to hotmail and yahoo, but not AOL). Sometimes it will display an article, but "block" most of the ads on the page. I'm sure it DOES block all the stuff that really IS bad too.

One site that is blocked is the TruTV Crime Library. I think that is a "mistake" since there's no block on news of the same sorts of crimes, but there's no way around it. I can read and post here from work, which is nice. At the rate I read, and with my workload, It can take me all day to read a thread, using very little bandwidth.

Maybe when I get a "smartphone" with 3g/4g internet I can read there from work, but there isn't even a wifi connection for my netbook now. There's a point to this...

In Thread 39 there was some comparing/contrasting of this case to Polly Klaas. I am sure I know the Polly Klaas case, but ATM only remember the basics. I opened the TruTV article in a tab in my browser yesterday but never got back to it. I know I can't read it from work, so I went to the Crime Library site this morning and used "copy & paste" to quickly transfer the content on Polly to a Word document so I could save it and email it to myself to read at work, in spite of EVERYTHING I HAVE READ IN THIS CASE!

While I have no intention of printing it out at work, in essence, what I did isn't that different from what Billie did. I went to the site where I have access, and made a copy (in her case a hard copy) to read at my leisure when I do not have access. It didn't even occur to me that I was doing virtually the same thing she did, and, in a sense, for similar reasons.

I can't say what her interest in the articles was, as I do not know her. I do know that Nancy's mention of sulfuric acid, and discussion of marauding feral pigs and their dining habits sent many of us to the TruTV Crime Library and like sites to look for cases with similar disposal methods, and read some pretty horrible stuff. There are posters here who reviewed every article listed in the affidavit when it came out. At one point, I had more than 200 true crime books in my home. My reason for reading true crime was to "learn how those people think" so I could better protect myself and my family. It's how I learned NOT to park next to a white van in the dark part of a parking lot, to be skeptical of men in casts moving furniture, and not to jump to conclusions too quickly about "whodunnit".

Until and unless it is proven that there is a connection to the case, I don't think Billie should be condemned so quickly for this. It may not have been the most constructive use of her time at work, nor mine for that matter, but it isn't necessarily as sinister as it's been made out to be.

There, but for the grace of God, go I... and all that.

Very well said!! ITA.

If MB had answered that text and Hailey responded, I think that it would be all over the media. I bet MB texted Hailey back quite a few times, especially knowing that SA and BD were at work.

Respectfully snipped...

I think it's unlikely that MB responded to that text because I think it was an attempt to establish a conversation about sleeping over. And if MB has responded a conversation would likely have taken place. Then BD would have been relaying the whole conversation on NG in an attempt to clear SA without any regard for the investigation. BD says she saw the one text so IMO that's all there was on the phone.

MOO

Respectfully snipped...

I think it's unlikely that MB responded to that text because I think it was an attempt to establish a conversation about sleeping over. And if MB has responded a conversation would likely have taken place. Then BD would have been relaying the whole conversation on NG in an attempt to clear SA without any regard for the investigation. BD says she saw the one text so IMO that's all there was on the phone.

MOO

I have to disagree. If Hailey didn't text back then the question of why didn't she would be asked? And SA's alibi of last seeing her at 3:15 is shot out the window, which it really is IMO anyhow. Right now the story is that there was a text sent to MB at 2 p.m. but no story of if Hailey responded. If she did respond, then that would look favorably towards SA's alibi of when he last saw Hailey.

Originally Posted by debirlfan
Wonder if she's getting any sort of assistance?

Note that CD's girlfriend apparently was kicked out of section 8 housing because CD was living there. I'm guessing they're all playing a little fast and loose with the rules.

Please could someone help me here ...i'm a lurker and i dont know how to find this info....
I believe I read that CD had been arrested on drug charges ...and that is a big no no with section 8 housing. Not to say that he should be living there and still be married to BD..... but can someone find this info for me.TIA
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
The information you are seeking is under the "Family" heading on down in the article.

ETA: The info as to CD's arrests, that is. (Note past charges are in one paragraph...the most recent charge is in the paragraph following those).

Originally Posted by debirlfan
Wonder if she's getting any sort of assistance?

Note that CD's girlfriend apparently was kicked out of section 8 housing because CD was living there. I'm guessing they're all playing a little fast and loose with the rules.

Please could someone help me here ...i'm a lurker and i dont know how to find this info....
I believe I read that CD had been arrested on drug charges ...and that is a big no no with section 8 housing. Not to say that he should be living there and still be married to BD..... but can someone find this info for me.TIA

Threre is no verification of them being kicked out except that a local who posts here stated that. We allow locals to state what they are hearing but it isn't considered fact until it is proven by another source.

I have to disagree. If Hailey didn't text back then the question of why didn't she would be asked? And SA's alibi of last seeing her at 3:15 is shot out the window, which it really is IMO anyhow. Right now the story is that there was a text sent to MB at 2 p.m. but no story of if Hailey responded. If she did respond, then that would look favorably towards SA's alibi of when he last saw Hailey.

I want to know why MB didn't respond to the text. Her mom says that HD was her best friend (did I read that right?). One would that at least a simple one word response would have occured.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

ME mom speaks out.
MB received a text message that said "what are you doing?"

She says the message was sent from Hailey's mother's cell phone at about 2 o'clock, which Hailey always used, but G says she worries that there is no evidence to prove Hailey sent that message.

Well, isn't this interesting timing of her speaking out. But I wish she'd answered the million dollar question - why didn't MB respond?? Why was there no response to that text from the good ole friend?? That's what I want to know....

I want to know why MB didn't respond to the text. Her mom says that HD was her best friend (did I read that right?). One would that at least a simple one word response would have occured.
Well, let's think about this. Maybe MB didn't see the 2PM text for whatever reason - her phone was dead and she had to charge it; she turned it off; she got in trouble and mom took it; there are lots of reasons for MB not to have seen it right away.

So, maybe MB saw it on Tues morning and finally answered it. Well, Tues morning DD was at the house and maybe HE got that answer from MB and called BD to say "didn't you say Hailey was at MB's? Well, MB just texted and said......................"

BD's phone record is telling a story and we don't have all the details - yet.

LE is still "in the dark" because even if MB did return the text on Tues - and that is what started the "Hailey is missing" wheels in motion -it still doesn't place BD, SA or anyone else in the hot seat. It just confirms that Hailey never made it to MB's. KWIM?

We don't know that she didn't respond. She was able to talk about the text received because it is public knowledge now.......the rest isn't.

I was thinking that it wasn't HD trying to establish the conversation.

I know and trust ME!

I think the point was.... THEY don't know or trust you.

I would not expect parents to trust that I'm a good or responsible person if I was not willing to trust them. It works both ways.

I think if I were 13 and my friend was missing
and no one has been arrested...yet
I'd be scared too
jmo

Timeline has been updated:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hailey-dunn/

I'll be continuing work on the Extended Timeline today, and I'm still looking for confirmation of:

- when the Texas Rangers joined the case, on or before Jan 2

- when D left the home and went to a friend's after 4:05pm Monday December 27 and before noon-ish when Billie called him Tuesday December 28

- any other significant event dates, times, info you come across!

Thank you!

I was thinking that it wasn't HD trying to establish the conversation.

I gotcha :) I honestly don't think it was Hailey texting that message.

It is a million dollar question of whether MB responded to it or not. And, if she did, if there was a conversation. The way I am thinking that if it was responded to and it was never answered, that wouldn't be talked about. If it was answered by Hailey, that it would be out there in the media.

Well, let's think about this. Maybe MB didn't see the 2PM text for whatever reason - her phone was dead and she had to charge it; she turned it off; she got in trouble and mom took it; there are lots of reasons for MB not to have seen it right away.

So, maybe MB saw it on Tues morning and finally answered it. Well, Tues morning DD was at the house and maybe HE got that answer from MB and called BD to say "didn't you say Hailey was at MB's? Well, MB just texted and said......................"

BD's phone record is telling a story and we don't have all the details - yet.

LE is still "in the dark" because even if MB did return the text on Tues - and that is what started the "Hailey is missing" wheels in motion -it still doesn't place BD, SA or anyone else in the hot seat. It just confirms that Hailey never made it to MB's. KWIM?
BBM~ in which.. imo.. would change the timing of the actual text...she could have got it at 2 but it was actually sent earlier, if her phone was off or dead....I still wanna know why she did not text her back....bcz imo there would be more said in msm about it if she did...no?

Obviously, this text is key to the investigation and LE certainly knows where it came from. I think it will turn out to be one of the main reasons SA was named as a suspect. (Although I tend to think that LE never meant to name him, but when the city mgr. did, they were kind of forced into it.)

What about this scenario , suppose the text was sent by someone trying to establish an alibi, the text is sent and then the battery is taken out of the D phone or the phone is turned off .. that would make it impossible for her friend to answer her or have a conversation with her

What about this scenario , suppose the text was sent by someone trying to establish an alibi, the text is sent and then the battery is taken out of the D phone or the phone is turned off ..

If MB texted back, then there would still be a record of it on the incoming messages once the phone is turned back on.

Obviously, this text is key to the investigation and LE certainly knows where it came from. I think it will turn out to be one of the main reasons SA was named as a suspect. (Although I tend to think that LE never meant to name him, but when the city mgr. did, they were kind of forced into it.)

I'm wondering if Billie really did leave her phone at home all the time for the kids. The question of when this started happening has come up before, and I think it's a good one.
-We know there was no phone at the house for her to call DD on 2/14/10 (911 calls).
-We know she left it at home on Tuesday 12/28 because DD texted MB from it and got no response (but she did answer when he called).
-We know that Billie really really wanted us to believe that her neighbor (or neighbor's guest) saw Hailey by the shed on her phone on 12/27 at noon (check out and deemed unreliable by LE).

Are we sure that phone wasn't with Billie at work on 12/27 at 2 p.m.? We need the ping records!!

Many teens do not actually have their phones in hand 24/7.....my kids all had phones from a fairly early age, but there would be periods of hours at a time when they would not be checking them or responding to texts....sports practices, church activities, jobs, dance rehearsals, time with visiting relatives (especially at the holidays), chores around the house, sleeping during the day because they had 5 am sports practices even during holiday breaks, etc.....there are many reasons to NOT answer a text. Sometimes my daughter would just not answer texts or calls when she knew someone was trying to set up a sleepover or other activity because it was kinder than saying "I already have plans with someone else today" and would not hurt the other girl's feelings for not being included.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member