TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered if BD has received money from media, especially NG. I can't imagine that NG would expect a person to go through all they do and bring in money for NG and the sponsors of their show and let a Mom of a missing child not be compensated. Does anyone know for sure if she does get money for appearing on the show?

I will say that NG did not in anyway compensate Billie or Clint for appearing on her show. At one point, there was a rumor going around town that she was getting like $5k an episode.

Billie and I were talking about this one day while the camera guy was setting up, and he was appalled. He said that any reputable news show is not allowed to pay their guest (besides transportation costs and hotel stays) because if they did, it would be considered 'tabloid' at that point.

No. I have no idea what he was doing. I would be surprised if he did stay home that entire time since school was out..... but again, I don't know.

Can I ask who told you he was home when Billie called? Not trying to give you the 3rd degree, but all the discrepancies are killing me lol.

I will say that NG did not in anyway compensate Billie or Clint for appearing on her show. At one point, there was a rumor going around town that she was getting like $5k an episode.

Billie and I were talking about this one day while the camera guy was setting up, and he was appalled. He said that any reputable news show is not allowed to pay their guest (besides transportation costs and hotel stays) because if they did, it would be considered 'tabloid' at that point.

I think that is true. Abc paid the Anthonys alot of money tho for videos of CA.

Just trying to clear the muddiness a little....

DD spent the night with a friend Sunday night, and returned home Monday. Billie called DD on her cell phone (which was at her house for the kids to use) around noon on Tuesday. He was at home when she called him.

Can someone please post a link about DD getting Clint when he had to pound on the door and then went through a window to get into the house when the door was locked? I don't remember hearing this one before. tia

bbm~I've been trying to find it off and on for the last couple hours. IIRC he said it on NG I believe...it was very brief because they went into NO further detail..I'm sure Billie knows exactly how all that went down though..

You know, it's a very rare thing that I comment on these things, but I'm gonna comment on this one, because I am truly shocked.

I can't for the life of me understand why Billie would be given money, and Clint not. Billie failed her poly, walked out of the interrogation, has a list a mile long of what I'll graciously call discrepancies, went out and made a drug buy at a time she said they were broke although she had two children to take care of at the time.

And there's Clint, who LE clearly has no qualms about, since he doesn't even have to take a poly, is out every day going around handing out fliers, following up on leads, has an infant to take care of.

I just can not understand this.

I really hope that somebody didn't get hold of Diena and lie to her, or withhold information from her, and manipulate her and play on her sympathies, because for the love of God, that woman has been through way more than enough as it is.

I just don't get it.

BeanE,
I know Diena was on JVM tonight and she stated she gave Elizabeth Ennen's mother a grant - so this might be true.

CZ:

SA called BD his "fiancé" in a post online.

What has BD told you about a possible engagement to SA?

TIA

That was heartwrenching for me. I can not imagine what MB has had to go through..as well as her mom! Not only losing her friend, but having to be questioned about it.. This child will be scarred forever by these events..

I too feel for MB and her mother. They are going through a lot. I'm glad I watched the video of MB's mom's video and so glad that MB did a tribute to Hailey today. They seem to care immensely, but are only making statements when necessary and avoiding the circus.

i read somewhere on the thread BD was given a small amt of money for a utility bill T-shirts a phone number to call 24/7 etc.

BeanE,
I know Diena was on JVM tonight and she stated she gave Elizabeth Ennen's mother a grant - so this might be true.

Oh good,there's two brothers,one almost 18 or 18 and the 10 year old who won't take down the Christmas tree till his sister comes home. :(

It's not funny, but I had to laugh that the camera man was appalled because it happens all the time. (not saying it did this time) Photos and the like ARE paid for since appearances are not. These networks know how to get around all that stuff when it comes to ratings..

CZ:

SA called BD his "fiancé" in a post online.

What has BD told you about a possible engagement to SA?

TIA

I asked her about this and she said that they are not engaged. She was surprised that he referred to her as his fiance.

I too feel for MB and her mother. They are going through a lot. I'm glad I watched the video of MB's mom's video and so glad that MB did a tribute to Hailey today. They seem to care immensely, but are only making statements when necessary and avoiding the circus.

Do you remember early on when some were trying to throw MB's mom under the bus?...questioning HER credibility!...how ironic..and sad..

Just trying to clear the muddiness a little....

DD spent the night with a friend Sunday night, and returned home Monday. Billie called DD on her cell phone (which was at her house for the kids to use) around noon on Tuesday. He was at home when she called him.

Can someone please post a link about DD getting Clint when he had to pound on the door and then went through a window to get into the house when the door was locked? I don't remember hearing this one before. tia

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/inconsistenciesstrange-145hobbies/

"Clint Dunn, Hailey Dunn's father, said that D.Dunn, Hailey's 16-year-old brother, told him he returned home at about 4 p.m. on Dec. 27 and pounded on the door for about five minutes. Later, Billie Dunn confirmed that D, had "indeed pounded on the door and nobody would let him in." Upon entering the residence through the window, D Dunn observed Shawn Adkins "standing in the hallway with a deer in the headlights look," according to the affidavits."

So, basically, Shawn's "deer in the headlight" look occured in a spot that led to either the living room, bathroom or three bedrooms. What are you trying to clarify???

Nothing besides the fact that when I think 'hall', I picture a long walkway, not a small squarish room.

i read somewhere on the thread BD was given a small amt of money for a utility bill T-shirts a phone number to call 24/7 etc.

The article says money to pay this month's bills:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=335376

The money is to help cover this month's bills.

The grant was given by The Somer Thompson Foundation, an organization started by Diena Thompson after her 7-year-old daughter was abducted and murdered in 2009. The group gave Dunn the money so she can focus on her daughter, not how to pay bills. "All her attention needs to be on her missing daughter. Not how am I gonna pay the electric and how am I gonna pay the mortgage," said Thompson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member