TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is cut from yesterday's Abilene News story. I would not be surprised if the suggestion tip box for Hailey's classmates to share ideas about how to find her ends up yielding some very worthwhile information (especially anonymous tips). I bet there are things that her peers know that aren't known to the adults in her life. Any clues are good clues. The suggestion box is actually a pretty brilliant way to possibly get many good tips and leads at one time, imo. And, it's good for the kids to feel like they're helping.

Hailey's principal, Mark Merrell, asked the founder of Klaaskids, Marc Klaas, his advice for handling this tough situation. Klaas told Merrel not to sweep it under the rug.
So Hailey's classmates have been filling a suggestion box in the school's cafeteria with their own ideas for how to find Hailey. They're also writing special prayers on the wall for everyone to see.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26644857/detail.html

Oh my, that is heartbreaking! I'm glad to see him (and his g/f) staying busy passing out fliers. An idle mind is a the last thing he needs right now..I'm sure that's when his thoughts run away with him..:(..I am surprised that he put his own phone # out there though, I hope he doesn't get the usual people with nothing better to do calling him though...

I haven't read too far back, I'm trying not to get attached to the laptop today, but it doesn't appear we have any new news...

LIttle Juliani's mommy said a little bit ago to PLEASE don't judge her if she doesn't cry on nancy grace tonight.. she says she has no tears left..
NOw i kinda feel like a heel for judging any of these parents at all..

Her little boy could be at the bottom of a canal and she shouldn't have to worry about her NG appearance being judged :( :( :(
I feel really bad....

Billie Jean,

You said you'd have to think long and hard about taking another poly, even if administered by FBI. That was over a week ago, IIRC. With no verified time of your daughter's last sighting, inconsistencies in stories/timeline that don't match with the electronic data, and no sign of your daughter in over a month, what have you got to lose?

The polygrapher will not be telling you that your lover failed his right before you take yours - that can only happen once and it's been done (according to you). There is nothing left to shock you into such an emotional state that it will affect your results. Stipulate to the FBI and LE that you don't want the results disclosed. They didn't release your poly results last time anyway; you did that against LE's wishes, with an excuse for failing served up to us on a silver platter. If we all agree your excuse was valid, will you take another one?

Take the poly Billie. If you are deceptive on the key questions such as (1) do you know where Hailey is?, and (2) did you take part in the disappearance of your daughter, LE will question you about it and help you determine why you are registering deceptive. If you are truly uninvolved and possess no guilty knowledge about Hailey's disappearance, maybe LE can help you figure out if you know more than you think you know but are subconsciously blocking some things out. Go through everything with LE truthfully, point by point in an honest effort to help find your sweet girl Hailey Darlene Dunn.

Take the poly Billie. Short of Hailey popping up or someone(s) rendering a confession, that's the best way many of us can see to move the investigation closer to rescuing/recovering your daughter as quickly as possible. Time is of the essence. If no one knows you're taking it and you fail it, what's the harm? It's not admissible in court and won't be known by the court of public opinion unless you choose to share it. If you are found to be not deceptive and the interview and test process helps pull out critical details that could lead to your daughter, you can shout it from the rooftop, which I'm sure you would and that would be understandable. You could even be a driving force in the effort to find your girl. It's time to put Hailey first.

P.s. Billie, if you've already taken one in secret and passed it, good on you! But, we haven't heard you shouting it from the rooftop and LE said two days ago that they still can't pin down a timeline, so you are probably still thinking long and hard about it. Time to move from thought to action. If you refuse to act when it can only benefit the investigation, I can only assume you are still not willing to be completely forthcoming and do whatever it takes to help Hailey... Worse, it leads me to logically suspect that you are a responsible party in Hailey's disappearance and you don't want her found.

Do the right thing; take the poly Billie.

yllek

Of all the things that czgtz's shares with BD from here....I sincerely hope this is one of them! Excellent post!

Not retaking the poly is the same as not cooperating, in my book.

If Billie happens to have issues with benzo's or pain pills (again, I don't know the woman and I'm only speculating that she does have an issue with these drugs- I don't know this to be factual) she could, IMO take that poly a million times and fail it. You lose parts of your life when you are high on pills (more-so with benzo's because of the hypnotic effect though that's mostly dose related), much like blacking out on alcohol. Like those who black out, people tend to fill in their own blanks with what they think happened, what they think they remember happening, going by others accounts of the events or going by the little flashes they do recall and that becomes their memory of the events but it's not the actual truth (they don't even know the truth!) so it'll never fly on a poly. She could be as honest as she possibly can be and she'd still fail. I know she said she failed the test but I haven't heard LE making a thing out of it like they have with Shawn failing it... I haven't heard them request she take another poly. Has LE stated that she is not cooperating? I don't recall ever hearing them say she isn't- though I might have missed it.

Maybe they should put "Suggestion Boxes" all over town for other people to contribute to anonymously...some adults may have some ideas or information as well...

Maybe they should put "Suggestion Boxes" all over town for other people to contribute to anonymously...some adults may have some ideas or information as well...

True! Some adults, just like teens, want to help but don't want to feel like snitches. A person who wouldn't make a call or take the time to send a letter (or a traceable email) might just drop a note in a suggestion box while they're out and about.

P.s. I hope LE knows about the suggestion box for the kids at the school and the principal will actually read and forward the kids' suggestions....

In my opinion that is a pitiful way for LE to have to get information on the disappearance of a child. Any one can anonymously give tips, etc. And I also think it is a real easy excuse by LE to say that the timeline doesn't fit and people aren't cooperating. Where have we heard that one????

True! Some adults, just like teens, want to help but don't want to feel like snitches. A person who wouldn't make a call or take the time to send a letter (or a traceable email) might just drop a note in a suggestion box while they're out and about.

P.s. I hope LE knows about the suggestion box for the kids at the school and the principal will actually read and forward the kids' suggestions....

After working in a middle school for a few years as an aide, I have to be skeptical of the 'suggestions' that will be dropped in that box. I am a cynic I suppose, but quite a few will be drivel and or downright sick and disgusting jokes.

But if that ONE credible suggestion is in there then I guess it would be worthwhile. But someone is going to have to wade through a bunch of sick and twisted notes to get there. imo

After working in a middle school for a few years as an aide, I have to be skeptical of the 'suggestions' that will be dropped in that box. I am a cynic I suppose, but quite a few will be drivel and or downright sick and disgusting jokes.

But if that ONE credible suggestion is in there then I guess it would be worthwhile. But someone is going to have to wade through a bunch of sick and twisted notes to get there. imo

True, but tip lines are much the same...they get thousands of tips, some may be from people who think they are trying to help, but in many cases, all of the thousands serve up nothing. But they all have to be checked out. A "suggestion box" may not be ideal, but nothing seems particularly normal about this case. Some people might not come forward to LE in such a small town, for fear of being "outed", or they may know LE or think their voice will be recognized, etc...

True, but tip lines are much the same...they get thousands of tips, some may be from people who think they are trying to help, but in many cases, all of the thousands serve up nothing. But they all have to be checked out. A "suggestion box" may not be ideal, but nothing seems particularly normal about this case. Some people might not come forward to LE in such a small town, for fear of being "outed", or they may know LE or think their voice will be recognized, etc...

I totally agree. Also agree with katydid123 - there will likely be some junk suggestions, but if they get one or two good new insights, totally worth it. It's not Hailey's loved ones who will have to wade through the suggestions (unless they want to, I suppose) and don't think it would take a member of LE that long to read through and prioritize anything worth following up on. It sure couldn't hurt the investigation, but it might help.

According to a member of the Hailey's Angels volunteer search group, socks and hair were discovered during one of their routine searches in Big Spring Friday morning.

snip

Members of the group sent KTAB's Tiffany Tatro images of Big Spring officers collecting the socks from the scene. Our calls to Big Spring police to receive confirmation on the report were not returned.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer said he was not aware of anything being collected in Big Spring.

Searchers told Tatro there's nothing to connect the socks that were discovered to Hailey Dunn.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336196

Thanking this post was NOT enough. ICP does not make murderers nor does having a psychological disorders make murderers (im both BTW also) ...also Im into horror films and yes I only read true crime. There have far TOOOOOO many stereotypes in this case...But thats just me and im not a killer. Ill even go so far as to say I like SOME death metal. :innocent:

I hear ya! :blowkiss:

In my opinion that is a pitiful way for LE to have to get information on the disappearance of a child. Any one can anonymously give tips, etc. And I also think it is a real easy excuse by LE to say that the timeline doesn't fit and people aren't cooperating. Where have we heard that one????

Well, aside from asking repeatedly for consistent information that checks out from those closest to Hailey, in the last day, there have been some suggestions about what else can be done to help find Hailey:

1. Call in TES and somehow pin down a place for them to start land searches; search bodies of water in CC and surrounding areas
2. Have SAR dogs go to the home and furniture that was removed from the home after Hailey disappeared
3. Use luminol in the home to rule out traces of blood
4. Follow up on all sightings
5. Keep handing out flyers, keep up media appearances - keep Hailey's face out there
6. Continue investigating the POIs
7. Conduct a town hall meeting
8. Put up suggestion boxes for children and adults to contribute
9. Continue local volunteer ground searches

These are just the ones I recall from WS members, LE and Hailey's family and community.

If you've got other ideas, I for one, like to hear what all well-meaning posters have to contribute towards finding Hailey. I may not agree that all of them are prudent at this time, but appreciate that so many people care enough to make suggestions.. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500