TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have NAMED a suspect. How much clearer can they be? As for what they have pointing to him, it's an ongoing criminal investigation - we aren't going to know what evidence they have. They have named a suspect and said there are several other POI's.....looks to me like the investigation is moving along. Not as fast as we would like, but it's moving.

Not to mention that more often than not in the cases we have seen lately a POI or suspect is not even named until an arrest is made...which convinces me all the more, that while they still need more proof before making an arrest, they are quite confident in what they have and the direction the investigation is going in....

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/29/teen-disappearances-compared/

Klaas said that while much information had been gathered in the case, he worried that various players — police, Hailey's family and others, including named suspect Shawn Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Billie Jean Dunn — were all "working in isolation of each other."

MK has been inside the case now and here is his take on things.
Seems like no one is on the same page with LE.

Not to mention that more often than not in the cases we have seen lately a POI or suspect is not even named until an arrest is made...which convinces me all the more, that while they still need more proof before making an arrest, they are quite confident in what they have and the direction the investigation is going in....

Oh no kidding, we are lucky we HAVE a named suspect here. It's HUGE when LE does that. HUGE.

The words 'thin ice' come to mind in regards to the presser.

IMHO This whole sorry mess stopped being about Hailey the moment that SA was named a suspect.

I hope she DOES name the suspect, because a generic, 'bundleman' won't help.

Shades of poor Madeleine McCann!!! :(

For those who didn't follow the case, this is "bundleman." A totally generic picture of a 'suspect' without facial details that anyone would recognize.

bundleman.jpg

They have NAMED a suspect. How much clearer can they be? As for what they have pointing to him, it's an ongoing criminal investigation - we aren't going to know what evidence they have. They have named a suspect and said there are several other POI's.....looks to me like the investigation is moving along. Not as fast as we would like, but it's moving.
\

I hope you are right, but I wonder why they cannot make an arrest until they find a body. does that mean they don't think she is dead? I am familiar with little town LE, they don't have the experience or the knowledge to solve something like this. I have asked over and over if the FBI is still there and I get no answer. I am glad that you are satisfied with the information LE is putting out, but I am not. what makes you think it is moving along? tia

Guys Guys Guys..... wait for the presser. We can't keep trying to point a finger innocent people because BD has decided there is a POI that should be looked at. When LE tells us they are a POI it is a different story.

STOP Please.

Until this person is named we have to talk about that as far as only what we know. BD had said this person in her opinion is a POI. LE has not said that.

I will be shocked if she names this person..If she does so without a d@mn good reason and is using this person as a scapegoat (which I believe is the most likely scenario) she may just find out what slander and libel REALLY mean..just sayin..

It's certainly moved along a lot faster than Kyron's case.

We have a named suspect, SW affidavits that tell us - sworn by LE - that the named suspect showed positive on Hailey's location, and walked out of his poly.

And sworn by LE in an affidavit that the mom failed on participation in Hailey's disappearance and walked out of her poly.

I love it - no guessing on who's involved here, and who LE's looking at! Shawn and Billie.

I am praying that no "names" are thrown around today..

going over the timeline....fine

keeping Hailey's face in the media...fine

naming people..... NOT FINE... and should be kept private with law enforcement.

moo

eta: if a name IS dropped today I will officially lose all personal respect for BD...

Oh no kidding, we are lucky we HAVE a named suspect here. It's HUGE when LE does that. HUGE.

LE has had to become very cautious when naming a suspect..to the point we don't often see it ahead of time. So when they do..of course it's not 100%..but I take that as a sign that they know plenty and are in process of gathering the evidence to back it up "beyond a reasonable doubt". I really believe they are hoping to find Hailey before making an arrest if at all possible...

\

I hope you are right, but I wonder why they cannot make an arrest until they find a body. does that mean they don't think she is dead? I am familiar with little town LE, they don't have the experience or the knowledge to solve something like this. I have asked over and over if the FBI is still there and I get no answer. I am glad that you are satisfied with the information LE is putting out, but I am not. what makes you think it is moving along? tia

Thompson said the FBI has played a "secondary, supportive" role throughout the case, one it intends to continue playing.
"Early on, the response was overwhelming, and a lot of resources were thrown to it," Thompson said of the investigation. "Understandably, over time, you can't continue supporting that number of resources. You have to scale back."
But with that said, Thompson added that the agency had resources assigned to the investigation "until it is solved," saying that the agency remained "poised" to help, even at a large scale, especially should new evidence or additional information warrant it.
Thompson declined to quantify the exact FBI resources allocated to the case, saying they changed daily depending on the investigation's need.

Less than an hour till the presser. Anyone seeing any live links?

\

What I read most recently (which should be somewhere in the last few days on the links-only thread) was that the case is primarily being worked by CCPD and the Mitchell County Sheriff's department. The nearest FBI field office is available for support when needed. The Rangers are not active in the investigation at this point. The article was headlined along the lines of what is next in the HD case. hth

ETA-please see Concernedmother's link above to Reporter News to check my accuracy. TY

MCK16, IMO, the case is moving along. LE and volunteers are still looking for Hailey and this week they are testing the socks found for DNA.

Thompson said the FBI has played a "secondary, supportive" role throughout the case, one it intends to continue playing.
"Early on, the response was overwhelming, and a lot of resources were thrown to it," Thompson said of the investigation. "Understandably, over time, you can't continue supporting that number of resources. You have to scale back."
But with that said, Thompson added that the agency had resources assigned to the investigation "until it is solved," saying that the agency remained "poised" to help, even at a large scale, especially should new evidence or additional information warrant it.
Thompson declined to quantify the exact FBI resources allocated to the case, saying they changed daily depending on the investigation's need.

You found the link while I was typing-I can delete my post. TY

\

I hope you are right, but I wonder why they cannot make an arrest until they find a body.
does that mean they don't think she is dead? I am familiar with little town LE, they don't have the experience or the knowledge to solve something like this. I have asked over and over if the FBI is still there and I get no answer. I am glad that you are satisfied with the information LE is putting out, but I am not. what makes you think it is moving along? tia

BBM

mck, it's possible that LE has evidence that they have reason to believe is linked to Hailey's death, however until a body is recovered they don't feel they can prove a direct link...

And while I am definitely NOT satisfied with the information that LE is putting out, I'm trying to remain confident that they must have something truly significant in order to come out and name SA as a suspect.

Don't know to what extent FBI is still participating in the investigation, but I do know that Sparky Dean is no longer on the case.

The McCanns did alot of press conferences too. People catalogued them, but there wasn't much "there" there.

There was plenty in the officIal files that came out on the cds. Thinking about it i can see the similarities...kids left alone when they shouldnt have been so the adults can have there fun and no proof that either were kidnapped:(

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member