TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, watched it..IMO it's a SHAME that she just couldn't resist throwing a dig in to say..

"There are some people that are going around demanding and begging for money, it disgusts me"....

"I'm not taking any questions just because I don't want my interview cut into"..

OK, whatever..THAT cleared nothing up for me..she only contradicted herself..Correcting info that she claimed was wrong..when the original info came straight out of her mouth in some cases...:banghead:...

Wonder if Shawn helped her put together 'her timeline'..now that they are talking on a friendly basis?..If so, don't you know that's a credible timeline? ;)

No Matter How Many Times You Tell It The TRUTH Never Changes...

I don't think so...maybe someone close to CD but not CD himself.

But the donations are being sought to fund gas, travel expenses, etc. for Clint, so how is that really different?

And what does that have to do with clearing up the timeline and finding Hailey?

My problem with the 8:30pm sighting is there is no store video to show Hailey was in town and the friend of Hailey's was questioned for hours.I believe if Hailey was with her that evening with some boy,she would have told.IMO And if LE believed the sighting on Monday,SA would not be a suspect if there was especially video proof.

Why did BD call CD and tell him she is leaving work to come to CC and report her missing before exhausting all other avenues of checking with friends, checking the dollar store etc to see if she could locate her first?? Would a person not get to town first, check with friends and local hangouts and then go to the police to report missing.

It appears that she already knew she was missing? Thoughts?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/Billie Dunn timeline.PDF

I agree, Connie - it seems odd to me that BD immediately called CD to inform him that she was leaving work (according to BD's timeline) to report HD missing - before she had checked out other possible explanations as to HD's whereabouts.

This is from the timeline that BD herself has put together. She can't blame any "discrepancies" in it on *media editing*. These are BD's own words.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/Billie Dunn timeline.PDF

I agree, Connie - it seems odd to me that BD immediately called CD to inform him that she was leaving work (according to BD's timeline) to report HD missing - before she had checked out other possible explanations as to HD's whereabouts.

This is from the timeline that BD herself has put together. She can't blame any "discrepancies" in it on *media editing*. These are BD's own words.

and then added that she asked Clint to call ahead to the PD and let them know she was coming (although she went by her house before going to the PD)..something he did not do for some reason ..she says..:waitasec:..

redcat-
do you know why the "mystery" person was not mentioned today? We were under the impression that BD was going to discuss some one that LE can't find who had previously threatened BD and Hailey?

Is this the supposed RedBox location?

65u8o9.jpg

I hope Hailey's friend is not forced back into the public eye now, to again deny that she saw Hailey on that day.

Respectfully, Salem....the only portion that contained quotes was this:

BBM

Billie Dunn was considered a "person of interest" in the investigation, but has been ruled out, said Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the investigation.

Why didn't they quote the whole portion if that was really what he said?

Maybe because a direct quote would have been indecipherable to the general public. We've heard Kampfer talk, and he can be difficult to "get".

redcat-
do you know why the "mystery" person was not mentioned today? We were under the impression that BD was going to discuss some one that LE can't find who had previously threatened BD and Hailey?

I was told that PK asked her not to bring that up...at all.

Wonderful. I listened to the presser while we were closed, and... there are even... more... changes...

I mean even from the document timeline.

This is just unbelievable.

One that that REALLY stood out to me:

Billie says she called home and told DD to text MB to tell Hailey to come home. DD hears back from MB that she never showed up or spent the night. Billie tells DD to run across the street to check with CD and see if Hailey went there. Billie says DD told her that Naomi said Hailey came by for a minute but didn't stay. Billie then tells DD to put Clint on the phone, at which time she tells CD to call CCPD and tell them that she is getting a ride home and will then go to the station to file a report. She makes a point of saying that for SOME reason, Clint never called police like he said he would.

Soooo, while it looks to me that she's trying to throw Clint under the proverbial bus here, more than anything I'm wondering why she needed him to call to announce she was coming by to file a report. If she could call Clint, could she not call police herself?

I am not defending or criticizing anyone or trying to make excuses for anyone, but I know from my own personal experience that the memory can be a tricky thing. Especially when under stress. Sometimes a person won't remember something for days, weeks, months or years until the right trigger comes along. Doesn't mean they are lying. Doesn't mean they are covering up. They simply don't remember.

I challenge anyone here to remember exactly what they did every day in the exact order...even something like turning off a tv...if your loved one suddenly turned up missing and you didn't do it, but the cops all of a sudden turn the spotlight on you...your perspective changes drastically...you're trying to defend yourself and still be seen as caring while they pick apart everything you said. Tough line to walk.

IMO

I totally agree that sometimes you remember more details later..that's perfectly understandable ..If that was the case I wouldn't think twice about it.. but when stories completely change (more than once) that's a whole 'nother ballgame...<moo

The much anticipated Press Conference in CCity....

aug08_016.gif

But the donations are being sought to fund gas, travel expenses, etc. for Clint, so how is that really different?

And what does that have to do with clearing up the timeline and finding Hailey?

My guess is that somewhere along the line BD was criticized for taking donations, so she wanted to clarify that she was not involved in asking for donations, nor did she receive them.

jmo

redcat-
Yes! There were articles written last night that talked about this press conference and the new "mystery man" that was well known to the family; who threatened Hailey and BD only; and BD speculated that maybe this guy felt "wronged" by Hailey and BD.

Did LE put the ki-bosh on the mystery man? With BD putting this timeline out there and wanting everyone to keep looking for Hailey - wouldn't it have been a good idea to talk about who this mystery man is? What does he look like? What kind of car does he have? Anything........something..............

I'm so confused.

She also said that in the beginning she thought DD left that night around 6PM and DD said it was 9PM. I don't ever remember her saying 6PM...maybe she did and I missed it..I remember her saying 10PM.

Also couldn't help but notice how the "deer in the headlights moment was glossed over"..and we know that it was discussed per CZ. Nope, here they just each go on about their merry way...

I was told that PK asked her not to bring that up...at all.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear BD at least ran her statement past someone before she publicly accused a POI

I totally agree that sometimes you remember more details later..that's perfectly understandable ..If that was the case I wouldn't think twice about it.. but when stories completely change (more than once) that's a whole 'nother ballgame...<moo

I tend to agree with that statement...however, if something like drugs and alcohol are involved, the memory gets even hazier...

like I said, I am not defending or criticizing, simply stating an alternate point of view. Does it explain away anything/everything in this case? NO :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500