TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly say that I have never heard of anyone calling ahead unless they were calling to tell them they were on their way down to turn themselves in, lol! ..Never heard any LE friends say anything about that either..but I don't live in a small city. Maybe things work differently there?

In my small town, which is a little more than half that size, you would HAVE to call first because they don't have someone in the police station all the time, they're out on patrol. You would be lucky if you found the officer there if you just dropped in.

JMO, but I am having a hard time understanding the problem with Billie asking Clint to make the call. He is Hailey's father. It's possible that Billie thought it would get their attention quicker if the father made the call. Considering she had to call 3 times back in Feb. and they still brushed her off, I don't think it's a big leap to want him to call them instead of making the call herself.

I really, really, really want to know
- what time this call was
- if it was related to the change in time from Hailey left at 1:15 to Hailey left at 3:15
- if it was one of the calls to Billie that Shawn deleted
- and I want to know right now! :maddening:

Shawn called me while I was at work that afternoon. I asked him about the kids. He told me that David wasn’t home yet, and that Hailey had left to go to Clint’s, and then was going to a friend’s to spend the night.

NG Jan 3

GRACE: So 3:00. Between 12:00 and 3:00, did anybody see her beside the boyfriend?

DUNN: Just my next-door neighbor.

No mention of Naomi seeing her "for a minute".

No mention of Naomi possibly seeing her because she couldn't remember.

No mention of Jean the hairdresser seeing her.

I remember way back in those olden days. All we had was the neighbor seeing her on the phone in the back yard. And then that was disproved. And then life was good for a day or two here in Sleutherville, because we knew, for those few brief moments in time, what we were dealing with.

Take me back.

:pullhair:

That is so odd, he was at his job, saw his boss smiled, drank a Dr. Pepper and just left. Wonder if his boss said anything to him. My boss would have asked me where i was going. That is one of the craziest scenerios I have ever heard.:waitasec:,

BBM-You better believe it, an employee doesn't just walk in grab a soda, smile at me and just leave. I would have followed him all the way to his vehicle wanting to know what the hello was going on. If ya want to quit fine, there are 10 others to take your place but tell me something. IDK, I'm a talker, I just wouldn't let it go with a smile and maybe his boss didn't either we just haven't got the rest of the story....

It seemed to me that when SA lawyered up, he followed his attorney's advice and stop talking to BD about the case. When the cell pings came out his lawyer was deflecting and scoffing at the pings putting SA back in Colorado City. I just wonder if BD finds it odd that all of a sudden SA is friendly with her and obviously has said something about the case because she now has the information about him stopping at his grandmother's house prior to going to Big Spring.

I think he's using her and trying to explain away those pings to her satisfaction. It also doesn't hurt that it's now out there for public consumption. Driving to Dunn is NOT driving straight to his mother's from Snyder, Texas, as he first claimed.

I don't think BD is covering for SA, but unfortunately, I do think she is falling for his lies. I can't believe SA's attorney would have let him speak about that day to her unless they were trying to get that particular information out to the public and keep BD on SA's defense. Selective discussion about the case? I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

NG Jan 3

GRACE: So 3:00. Between 12:00 and 3:00, did anybody see her beside the boyfriend?

I remember way back in those olden days. All we had was the neighbor seeing her on the phone in the back yard. And then that was disproved. And then life was good for a day or two here in Sleutherville, because we knew, for those few brief moments in time, what we were dealing with.

Take me back.

Now, to be fair, it might not be that she didn't remember them.

Maybe Billie just didn't believe those sightings. And in truth, those sightings haven't been confirmed as good leads by anybody else or LE, so I'm leery of them myself.

I don't think any timeline is fixed yet. This case has more rumors than facts. So it gets to be a slippery slope to hold Billie responsible for other sightings that might or might not have been Hailey.

JMOO

NG Jan 3

I remember way back in those olden days. All we had was the neighbor seeing her on the phone in the back yard. And then that was disproved. And then life was good for a day or two here in Sleutherville, because we knew, for those few brief moments in time, what we were dealing with.Take me back.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

bbm

:waitasec: :floorlaugh:

Why don't you make a timeline that's just exactly what you like? A Soulmagnet Bible Timeline.

I love yours. I didnt mean to make it sound unappreciated at all. I use it like a bible. I know how hard you work on it keeping it straight. I really wasnt trying to be snarky. I am sorry if it sounded that way.

That is not the issue. SA originally said he was fired after a blow up. Then he said he quit. But originally he said nothing at all and just pretended he still had the job. That is the issue imo.

Not only was his boss unaware of him quitting, SA wasn't fired either. Was a good employee. That tells me that SA did not hand in his coveralls and clean out his locker as he claims. Two sure signs an employee has quit.

I'm not ruling out that SA made use of the companies dumpsters.

Regarding the call/calls ahead made by BD/CD? made to ccpd.

A poster in the first thread pg. 2 mentioned her hubby is in LE and they reside in TX. Posters hubby calls ccpd and receives voicemail, leaves a message but gets no reply and also that their le force had recently disbanded.

So, I don't find it odd and take other small towners experience that it could be routine to try and contact ahead to locate and have LE available when you go and report.

If BD was not planning on being home sitting and just waiting but was out searching Haileys friends homes, or Haileys usual hangouts in the city, it seems possible that it was easier for BD to make her last resort stop down at CCPD.
JMO

Isn't it also strange that we have no information on SA's cell pings for Tuesday, the 28th? LE is certainly holding this information close to the vest.

I find it incredible that SA charaded around that morning of the 28th, pretending to go to work. Even after discovering his girlfriend's daughter was missing that night, he didn't tell BD for fear she would be upset? Really? In the scope of things, does this sound right? Weighing a missing child against someone upset about your job status? So what happened Wedensday morning before BD found out SA had "quit" his job? Wouldn't that have been the perfect time to tell her? I'm not going to work, I'll stay by your side to help look for Hailey. Besides, I quit my job anyway. No, she had to find it out from someone else. Was it the news media or LE?

Not only was his boss unaware of him quitting, SA wasn't fired either. Was a good employee. That tells me that SA did not hand in his coveralls and clean out his locker as he claims. Two sure signs an employee has quit.

That's a really good point, and scary too.

Thanks. My timeline is simply a set of information I've collected from LE's affidavit and MSM news articles and videos. I made it for myself, and chose to publish it on the net, in case anyone else could make use of it, or any part of it, to try to help Hailey.

That's it in a nutshell.

Everyone in the entire world is free to do the same, to build a timeline just exactly the way they want it, a timeline they like, their very own Bible Timeline.

I'm amazed at how few people have. In fact, I haven't seen anyone except me and a few news outlets and... Billie... do it.

I know this will come as a complete shock to you but I haven't made my own Bible Timeline because I'm lazy and I am more than satisfied with yours.

This particular "targeting" of CD by Billie really reeks to me. Why would he call 911 or any other police number when she was still not even sure that Hailey was even missing? She was going to do some more checking with friends and go back by the house....what was he going to tell them? "my ex hasn't talked to our daughter in DAYS, she's gonna look for her for a bit and then MIGHT come by to report her missing???" and if HD had showed up in the meantime, what then? The whole thing just seems an obvious attempt to make sure that CD was the first person for LE to focus on....because the first thing she walked in and said in her police station report was "the last place SA knew she was going was to her father's house." CLEARLY, they were aiming LE at CD from the beginning....have him make the first call, accuse him of being the last to see her, send the first investigators straight to his house to look for her.

jmoo

And she's still pointing that way via Naomi et al. According to BD she has proof as Hailey must have been around Naomi Monday as a witness claims to see Hailey walking with Naomi's (minor family member). And BD made sure to include that detail in her timeline. And yet BD never mentions things like stopping to make a purchase of illegal narcotics on Monday night for her and Shawn's use. IMO, the timeline didn't explain much except that it added self serving details.

In my small town, which is a little more than half that size, you would HAVE to call first because they don't have someone in the police station all the time, they're out on patrol. You would be lucky if you found the officer there if you just dropped in.

JMO, but I am having a hard time understanding the problem with Billie asking Clint to make the call. He is Hailey's father. It's possible that Billie thought it would get their attention quicker if the father made the call. Considering she had to call 3 times back in Feb. and they still brushed her off, I don't think it's a big leap to want him to call them instead of making the call herself.

I agree with this.
Seems like BD might have been using her energy calling friends and back tracking HD activity trying to locate her. She left CD with one task which shouldnt be too much to ask of the father. Makes sense to me. JMO

Now, to be fair, it might not be that she didn't remember them.

Maybe Billie just didn't believe those sightings. And in truth, those sightings haven't been confirmed as good leads by anybody else or LE, so I'm leery of them myself.

I don't think any timeline is fixed yet. This case has more rumors than facts. So it gets to be a slippery slope to hold Billie responsible for other sightings that might or might not have been Hailey.

JMOO

The neighbor she did mention hasn't been confirmed as a good lead either. It's odd, to me, she mentioned that one, but no others. That at that time her friend posted that Naomi "couldn't remember" if she saw Hailey that day, and Billie didn't mention it here, that in all this time nobody has said a thing about Naomi seeing Hailey for a minute, that Naomi says she never saw Hailey, and suddenly... magically... out of the blue... weeks later... Billie says Naomi said she saw Hailey for a minute.

And that rumor, that sighting, is coming only, and directly, from Billie.

This press conference and timeline was supposed to make things clearer about the timeline. It's totally hosed it. And I'm unhappy about that lol.

MOO, but one of the first things LE will ask is ... "Have you checked at her friends' houses? Did you make any calls or go around looking for her? What have you done so far to try to find your daughter?"
A town that small probably does not have an officer at the station all the time, so it would take a little time to get one there. By asking Clint to call, that freed up a few minutes for her to go around checking out places Hailey might be. D had her phone, she told him to hand it to his dad.
My question would be, why didn't Clint make that call?

Well my question would be...if Billie was upset the night before cause Hailey didnt call her..why didnt SHE call her daughter to make sure she was safe and was where she said she was? Especially as she had never stayed there the night before. If she had..well the alarm would have been raised sooooo much sooner.

MOO

I was just reading this morning NG and Connie Jones talking about that very thing - that he didn't quit, he didn't get fired, he just walked out.

And from Billie:

BILLIE DUNN: No, I said that. He went in Monday morning, but there was an argument. He was fired or there was just a big blow-up there. He walked out. He left his job by 6:30 in the morning and went to Big Spring (ph) to his mom`s house.

He was fired. He quit. He walked out.

Catchin' greased pigs, we are.

Well, think about it - - Cindy Anthony made a lot of us bloggers more aware of the "value" of an excited utterance. It is amazing how much the recordings of 911 calls play a huge part in determining what is behind the words expressed.

Aint that the truth!

I am seriously getting carpal tunnel syndrome here, so need to go into lurking for a while!

I did want to clear up something I posted earlier and deleted, just to avoid any confusion I may have caused (because everything is so crystal clear in this case anyway!).

Re: Monday 12/27 a.m. - Billie checks on Hailey in bed

Yesterday in her PC, Billie said she looked in on Hailey in bed before she went to work and the tv was on.

On Nancy Grace, Billie had said that she looked in on Hailey to ease her mind; it was dark in the room - she thought she saw Hailey, but couldn't be sure and she didn't touch her.

I watched the NG episode and was surprised when Billie brought up the tv in yesterday's PC. I thought "that was different, I thought the room was dark and she wasn't sure she saw Hailey". Many astute posters commented about the inconsistency (which I think is a big one - that's Billie's account of the very last time she ever saw her daughter - why is it changing?). Anyhoo, when I came across the NG transcript today, the account of Billie seeing Hailey in her room on Sunday night watching tv rolled right into the Monday morning "ease her mind" check in on paper. It looked like (to me) Billie was talking about the tv on Monday morning and I posted such. SHE WAS NOT. She never mentioned the tv being on when she checked on Hailey before yesterday's presser.

If you read my original post, please do a mental wash of it! :bath:

Many apologies for the confusion. I am giving myself a time out and standing in the corner for a while. :crazy:

Respectfully.... have you ever related some incident to someone and then in recalling it again, added a little detail that you had forgotten the first time you told the story? I have... many times. It's not at all unusual for little details like that to come to you when you go over it in your mind for the 2nd or 3rd or the 12th time.
I am sure Billie has thought about that many times and asked herself over and over, whether she could be positive that it was Hailey in the bed. And when concentrating on what she remembered, it dawned on her at some point that the t.v. light was on.
I think it's a little unfair to expect someone to remember every tiny detail the exact same way every time they relate an incidence. And as a matter of fact, LE would pick up on that real quick. If the person gives the exact same accounting in their statement and never misses one tiny detail, then LE knows they memorized it, they're following a script. They expect people to add something here or there, or correct something they said earlier and realize was an error. That's just human nature. Whether the t.v. was on or off doesn't matter to LE... that's not going to find Hailey. What matters is if that was really Hailey in bed. Right now they can't prove that it wasn't... and Billie can't prove that it was.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member