TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever determined if there is still one red earring missing?

From the interview last night, it sounds like NS found one and put in on a shelf; but both had been left in the house when Hailey stayed over on Christmas. DD came over and took it off the shelf at Clint's on Monday. Why? What made DD go get it and take it to his mom without saying anything? Did Billie already have one and wondered where the other was? If so, why didn't she say so on NG? First Billie said Hailey had the earrings on 12/26 p.m. and it was part of the flyer. Then she admitted she couldn't remember on NG and said that DD had found one in Clint's house after they moved out, IIRC. Now we hear DD had taken one to Billie on 12/27? Color me confused.

Did DD take one off the shelf on Monday and then find one on the floor at Clint's after he moved?

I don't know if the earring means anything at all, but it's curious if DD was sent to retrieve a missing earring on 12/27. Very curious to me...

From the radio interview transcript:

NS: It was Monday that I found the earring. Excuse me - and I set it up on my shelf. And D. had came over and got it and took it over to his mom and I didn’t even know he took it over there and I guess she had said that he had found it.

(BH: And why is this such a big deal?)

NS: I have no idea.

That whole earring thing is driving me crazy too yllek. I just want to know if both earrings are now present and accounted for.

I give up I can't keep my days straight either. Tell me today is Friday please. :floorlaugh:

I've thought tomorrow was Thursday all day lol. My dh called to tell me he'd be home and I was excited because that would be a day early. I finally figured out my mistake.

Thanks so much for asking him. Sorry to hear you're suffering with the flu. Hope you feel better soon.

So with all this talk of pills, it is possible that they bought marijuana that night.

MOO

Yes, and what he told me was that what he had just bought me for the flu was in certain quantities controlled substances. It is more complicated that it appears. I always have felt from that interview with NG when asked about what they bought, she wanted to say more. She wanted to explain more but was cut off. And since she hasn't addressed it. jmo

That whole earring thing is driving me crazy too yllek. I just want to know if both earrings are now present and accounted for.

I thought she had both of them on when she went missing. That was why it was a big deal when they found the one at CD's. So I concluded based on that that there is one accounted for.. jmo

It is Friday here yes...but isnt it still Thursday there lol

Yes hon it is Thursday night here. Funny after I retired all my days run together! I am always lookng at my computer to see what day it is.

MOO, I was on the fence w/ BD. Here as of late, I fell off.

My hopes are the reason she is still talking to SA could be, to keep the communication line open.. just in case he ( SA ) might reveal some useful info in regards to HD missing?

Wouldn't that mean she is pretty sure that Hailey is dead? Do you think she thinks Hailey is dead? Have people convinced her she is dead?

I thought she had both of them on when she went missing. That was why it was a big deal when they found the one at CD's. So I concluded based on that that there is one accounted for.. jmo

BD originally thought she had both of them on but she didn't see her and didn't know for sure.

NS found one on the Monday after HD left and put it up. According to BD, DD found one on the floor when CD and NS were moving which I believe was some time the following week and brought it home. So NS should still have had the one she found. I just wonder if she turned that one over to LE.

Or is the one she put up the one that DD found and the other one is still missing?

:waitasec:

So sounds like it was never definitively stated whether there is now set of red earrings accounted for or if one is missing.

We've got a missing 13 year old girl
We've got a missing couch (at least, we don't know where it ended up for sure)
We've possibly got a missing earring
We've got a missing set of coveralls (at least, we don't know if SA really turned them in like he supposedly told Billie)
We've got a missing verified alibi for SA for at least part of the morning on 12/27 when he turned out be in CC for about 25 minutes and for hours afterwards

I don't know if or how any of these dots connect, but it's nagging at me. Aside from Hailey, these are all things that were supposed to be accounted for when we were first introduced to this case.

Listening to CD last night, he seemed exactly like I would expect the distraught father of a missing child to sound. He thinks and talks in present tense she is alive. And if she is alive, then it is not likely SA knows what happened to her. I have felt like he has from the beginning, that every other possibility should be explored and vigorously. There are other children who have been found alive. Other children have been snatched off the street, and a very alarming number of them.

Could not get it brought over here: but you referenced to SA being put out because the freebies are not coming his way, only to BD and CD. I suspect he is getting his fair share !!! JMO
And also if Bd has been given a Van to drive , wonder where her car has gone ? WNTK

Yes it is Thursday here still. LOL

We are all pitiful, IMO, lol
This day mix up has even affected me in RL....supposed to take or "carry" (lol) the grandbaby for her check up on Feb.4, which meant last night I told her mom I would remember it and would get her in the morning...which would have been today, Thursday................she had to remind me that the 4th. is Friday, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! roflmbo:crazy:

BD originally thought she had both of them on but she didn't see her and didn't know for sure.

NS found one on the Monday after HD left and put it up. According to BD, DD found one on the floor when CD and NS were moving which I believe was some time the following week and brought it home. So NS should still have had the one she found. I just wonder if she turned that one over to LE.

Or is the one she put up the one that DD found and the other one is still missing?

Surely you dont mean after Hailey left CD's monday? When you say left you mean went missing?

Did she say she put them the one earing up monday? Anybody have a link where she talks about this?

Wouldn't that mean she is pretty sure that Hailey is dead? Do you think she thinks Hailey is dead? Have people convinced her she is dead?

I was surprised when 2 weeks into the investigation, Billie was quoted several times as saying "it's not looking good, it's not feeling good", "I'm afraid I'll never hold my daughter in my arms again". I have never heard another parent say that about a missing child until they've been missing for years (and usually, they still don't give up hope). The day that Marc Klaas arrived in CC, Billie started talking about searching for a live, breathing Hailey.

There is, of course, no "normal" reaction to something so tragic, but it sounded like Billie had accepted the possibility that Hailey was dead pretty early on, imo. Maybe Marc gave her hope and she is just someone who always gives up early or tends to be pessimistic. IDK, but I was very struck by it...

I wonder if it is because she knows her daughter is not alive, or could it be she is secretly so afraid SA did something that she can't think beyond that. Especially if she is a pessimistic person with a morbid interest in crime stories.

Surely you dont mean after Hailey left CD's monday? When you say left you mean went missing?

Did she say she put them the one earing up monday? Anybody have a link where she talks about this?

No I meant that she found the earring on the day after HD left from sleeping over. But it's really not clear in the transcript...

NS: Umm Hailey….. Like we had said, Hailey had stayed the night Sunday. And she had took her earrings off because her mom had let her get her top ear lobe pierced and her ears were sore and so she took her earrings out and kinda dropped them on the floor beside the couch and she said “N if you find those later, will you put ‘em up?” And I said, “Yes”. Well, I had only found one of the red earrings and I think it was Saturday that I found the earring and…….

CD: It was…

NS: Or was it….

CD: Monday

NS: It was Monday that I found the earring. Excuse me - and I set it up on my shelf. And D. had came over and got it and took it over to his mom and I didn’t even know he took it over there and I guess she had said that he had found it.

(BH: And why is this such a big deal?)

NS: I have no idea.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127022&page=18

Just a little visual breakdown of the days.

Friday December 24th. HD at CD Christmas Eve
Saturday December 25th HD at CD Christmas Day
Sunday December 26 HD at BD The day after Christmas.
Monday December 27 HD at BD
Tuesday December 28 HD reported missing

FYI

Does anybody remember the first video I think it was from KTXS out of Abilene, there was a white Van parked in front of the BD home !
Has it ever been determined to whom that Van belongs? And could another WS post that link if you still have it ! Have been lookin for link but so far no luck. TIA

bbm

She said she gave it to DD to give to BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500