TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 wks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE NO DISCUSS

Updated: Feb 2, 2023 / 07:51 PM CST

Magen Fieramusca expected to plead guilty in death of friend, baby kidnapping charges dr

Magen Fieramusca pleaded guilty Thursday to murdering her best friend, Heidi Broussard, in 2019. Travis County District Court Judge Selena Alvarenga sentenced her to 55 years in prison.

“It is difficult, if not impossible, to find justice for this horrendous crime. You have deprived an innocent child — an innocent baby — of the opportunity of growing up with her mother,” Alvarenga said to a tearful Fieramusca.

[...]

“Heidi’s hugs were strong and full of love,” Broussard’s mother, Tammy, said to the court. “I still feel them now.”

“She loved beyond measure, and she never gave up on anyone. When I think of her – which is every moment and everything I do – I ask what would Heidi say or think. And it gives me peace.” Broussard’s mother continued.

“We miss her dearly.”

[...]

FEB 2, 2023
www.statesman.com

Woman admits killing Heidi Broussard to kidnap her baby, takes plea deal for 55-year sentence

"Heidi’s hugs were strong and full of love," Heidi Broussard's mother said as she spoke to Magen Fieramusca from the stand.
www.statesman.com

Magen Fieramusca walks into a courtroom at the Blackwell-Thurman Criminal Justice Center in downtown Austin on Thursday before pleading guilty to a charge of murder in the death of Austin mom Heidi Broussard.

[...]

"It is difficult, if not impossible, to find justice or any sort of resolution to this horrendous crime," Alvarenga told Fieramusca from the stand. "Ms. Fieramusca, the fact is that by your actions, you have deprived an innocent child, an innocent baby of the opportunity of growing up with her mother. You have destroyed an entire family. No matter what the sentence — no matter how long, no matter how harsh — nothing can change that. Nothing can make this family whole again."

[...]

Fieramusca was originally charged with capital murder. District Attorney José Garza said he felt the plea bargain was appropriate and "saved the family potentially decades of the painful post-litigation process and helped secure justice."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back