Match! TX - Houston, WhtFem UP4641, 20-30, hit & run, Mar'80 *Paulette Jaster*

The NamUs file says it was created in Oct '08, but that doesn't necessarily mean in went "on line" on that day. NamUs wasn't fully functional till '09.

https://www.findthemissing.org/documents/NamUs_Background.pdf

The sketch and later photo were the result of Dr. D's fancy footwork to get this case solved!!

I'm noticing that many sketches and photos are being added to the many missing. I think, and this is my opinion, LE, ME and whoever else is in charge, are learning the value of the publics help and social media. There are just so many missing and so much work to do.

The UID case has been there at least since last June. I checked an archived copy of my UID listing, and UP 4641 was there. It probably didn't get much attention because there were no images at that time.

Wonderful, awesome work!

Websleuths is so proud of you Houston Mom and all who work these cases!

Great work Houston Mom!

We're so very proud of all of you. This is such wonderful news.

So exciting. As Carl says, something about Paulette has attracted a lot of eyeballs over a long time. Fantastic job, Houston Mom, and happy you have some of the answers, finally, Pbuck.

Submitted Paula as a possible match for UID involved in a hit and run in March of 1980.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4641

oops, I see she is already mentioned on the thread.......:blushing:

I looked to see where she was mentioned before but didn't find it.

Copying my post here..

Hello, Houston Mom. Well, it's "official"... Dr. D called me this afternoon and the ME declared it a positive ID. My dear sister Paulette Jaster has been "found" after 34 years of being a Missing Person. Yes, the hit & run is sad, but it answers so many questions for our family and her friends. We are grateful to this forum and all who continue the work. By the way, Dr. D told me, "If Houston Mom hadn't pointed it out, who knows how long it might have taken to come up with the match." She credits you with solving this case, and I agree. But let's give God thanks for His hand in it, and for answering our prayers, in His way and His time. Blessings to all, NEVER GIVE UP! Peg

Peg; my condolences to your family. I'm thankful you do not have to spend another day wondering where Paulette is. Can you tell us how they came to the conclusion that she is Paulette since the dentals didn't work out?

I do not have a missing loved one; I can never know the hell your family & other family feels. I volunteer my time because of people like you; that makes sure your loved one is in the press; on message boards like WS as well as FB pages. I wish that everyone with a missing loved one would consider coming here; checking to see if there is a post then regularly posting to it so that their face is fresh in our mind.

I'm trying to work my way through the Harris County Unidentified list. I just put the stats in NamUs and Paulette's name was on the list. When it was said she was travelling between AZ and FL; and she was carrying a duffle bag, I said "Eureka!" Have you received official notification??? Is it definite??

I do walk with God and I am sure He has led me to this hobby. Just knowing that you sister has found her way home and your questions are now answered fills my heart with joy.

:loveyou:

I'm honored to be here with you & the others that work so hard to give families their loved ones back <3

In an email to The Flint Journal, the online poster who Sperlich credited with making the Jaster-Jane Doe connection on www.websleuths.com would not identify herself, and said she's not looking for attention.

Pbuck, I'm glad you know where your sister is now, but I'm so very sorry it couldn't be under happier circumstances. Please accept my condolences for your family's loss.

Houston Mom, beautifully, beautifully done. This is a prime example of a match made by human intelligence.

(I notice from the Google cache of both cases that dental information was available and entered for both Ms. Jaster and the UID. I wish we had more information about how NamUs attempts dental, DNA, and fingerprint matching.)

You are awesome Houston Mom, with an incredible knack for matching the UID's.

Wow. Great, great job Houston Mom! Just amazing. Really illustrates the importance of thinking - and looking - outside the box. Prayers to Paulette's family. Such bittersweet news. :( May Paulette RIP.

Didn't realize this didn't post when I hit submit due to posting in the other thread... Came back from feeding my grandson & noticed

Pbuck, I'm glad you know where your sister is now, but I'm so very sorry it couldn't be under happier circumstances. Please accept my condolences for your family's loss.

Houston Mom, beautifully, beautifully done. This is a prime example of a match made by human intelligence.

(I notice from the Google cache of both cases that dental information was available and entered for both Ms. Jaster and the UID. I wish we had more information about how NamUs attempts dental, DNA, and fingerprint matching.)

See the newest article she posted in Paulette's thread; very interesting!
Three freckles helped Texas officials identify dead woman as long-missing Davison woman

This week, siblings found out the reason for the silence after a citizen tip led Harris County officials to compare the unidentified woman with Jaster.

Derrick said identifications are typically made with fingerprints, but in this case, none were on file for Jaster.

And although there were dental records to compare with autopsy reports, there were no dental X-rays to compare.

Finally, investigators had DNA samples from Jaster's family members, but DNA wasn't collected for the accident victim when she was buried in Texas at county expense.

Derrick said the ability of Jaster's sisters to identified the woman as their sibling helped with the identification as well as consistencies in dental records, matching freckles and the same hairline pattern.

MI - Paulette Jaster, 25, Davison, 12 May 1979'
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/ind...les_helped_texas_of.html#incart_river_default

Above all, keep the hope alive. God answers prayer, and Miracles still happen!

Here is the data from the now closed UP Casefile (obtained from Google Cache)

Case Report - NamUs UP # 4641
Case Information

Status Unidentified
Case Number ML80-1845
Date Found 28 Mar 1980 23:10
File Created 15 Oct 2008 00:00
Date Last Modified 27 Dec 2012 13:13
Investigating agency
date QA reviewed

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)

Agency Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
Telephone 713-796-6774

Case Manager
Name Jennifer Love
Telephone Number 713.796.6774

Demographics
Estimated Age Adult - Pre 30
Minimum Age 20 years
Maximum Age 30 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (lbs) 138, Estimated
Height (inches) 64, Estimated

Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
*advertiser censored* All parts recovered

Body conditions Body Recognizable
Probable Year of Death 1980 to 1980
Estimated Postmortem Interval 1 Hour
Circumstances
Location Found:
GPS coordinates: 30.129454N , -93.899647W
Address 1 17700 I-10 East
Address 2
City Houston
State Texas
Zip Code
County Harris

Circumstances
Victim of a hit and run 17700 I-10 Eastbound. She was seen prior to the accident in an oil truck stop looking for a ride to Beaumont, TX

Physical
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair: Brown Hair 10 inches in length
Body Hair:
Facial Hair:
Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel
Eye Description: Hazel

*advertiser censored* No other distinctive body features

Clothing and Accessories
Clothes on the Body: light blue skirt, dark blue jacket, white sandals
Footwear:
Jewelry: Carrying a Duffel Bag
Glasses:
Other items found with the body:

Fingerprints

Dental

DNA

Images
There are currently no images available for this case.

Documents
There are currently no documents available for this case.

Amazing job!!! And thank you for caring about the missing and unidentified!!! :loveyou:

Pbuck- while I am so very sad for your loss, I am gratified that you now, at the very least, have some answers.

God bless your family in this time...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back