GUILTY TX - Jade Allsop, 5 mos, suffocated in sexual assault, Copperas Cove, 26 Jan 2005

Belinda, and Frigga I am sending light and love and postive vibes your way. I am so sorry for your pain. It's with a heavy heart I was thinking at some point in the JR we'd even make a thread about this. I know there's times I never wanted to speak it and times I'd get on a rooftop and yell it to the world. Survivors not victims.

Izzy, not sure if you want to hear this. A list of "possible" places monster man lived in Oregon. I did a lil search. Most definately he lived at least one of these.

Lake Oswego, Salem, Keizer, Central Point, Shady Cove, Medford and is it White City? :waitasec:

Belinda, and Frigga I am sending light and love and postive vibes your way. I am so sorry for your pain. It's with a heavy heart I was thinking at some point in the JR we'd even make a thread about this. I know there's times I never wanted to speak it and times I'd get on a rooftop and yell it to the world. Survivors not victims.
Izzy, not sure if you want to hear this. A list of "possible" places monster man lived in Oregon. I did a lil search. Most definately he lived at least one of these.

Lake Oswego, Salem, Keizer, Central Point, Shady Cove, Medford and is it White City? :waitasec:

I too was forged in the fire of pain and betrayal. If you ladies ever do start that thread, let me know, I'm on board. It took many years for me to heal a fractured soul and now I can talk pretty openly without shame about my experiences.

Warm and loving thoughts to all those on board who have a "fractured soul" as tlcox put it so poignantly. But remember, fractures often heal to the strength of steel. I'm always here for you. (((hugs)))

Filly, I'm well aware of where Allsop has lived. We think he was even in my daughter-by-marriage's English class at Eagle Point High. Just to clarify, Eagle Point, Shady Cove, and White City (named after old Camp White) are suburubs/nearby towns to Medford in Southern Oregon and about 20-30 miles north of me down in Ashland. Lake Oswego, Salem and Keizer are just a little south of Portland in the northern part of the state. I was struck by the fact that Allsop served only 18 days in detention. This tells me that he was ordered into community based treatment. Shocking for a Sodomy 1 charge but common at the time. The 18 days could have been an initial lock up or accrued days due to probation violations. The reason that our children's rapist was removed from community service was the fact that he flat out refused to attend treatment. He was lodged at the Oregon Youth Authority for 10 years and released on his 25 birthday. I request a card on him every four months so I can be assured that he's still in the state. Doesn't this highlight a huge problem?

After sleeping on the article I posted early this morning, I'm ready to say that I'm more than a little disappointed in Oregon, the military, and Allsop's family. Let's look at this for a minute. A young man ceases to register and absconds. He goes to another state (or two or eight). He gets stopped for a traffic violation. The officer runs a background check on him. Officials in Oregon stated that Oregon doesn't issue warrants for non-compliant sex offenders. We have no public search ability. Request for info must be made in writing for a particular address or zip code. OK, so then does the traffic cop go down a list of the other 49 states and have the dispatcher call them to see if this young man might be an absconding RSO? See where I'm going? I'm also highly disappointed that the military has no regulation to spend the extra time to research a recruit's past. Accepting a convicted/adjudicated RSO into the military is just plain wrong. No oversight nor checks and balances at all.

It seems to me that all a guy needs to do is to get lost in the crowd. Especially if he was tried as a juvenile, he's got it made in the shade if he goes to other states. I have to hold this man's family responsible for these crimes as they are well aware of this man's past. They did not alert the military. They did not alert his wife. Shame on them. How many other young women are marrying men who have secret juvenile convictions? How many other babies and children have to be killed or abused before the registry starts working?

Many of you who know me will connect the dots and grasp why I was still up after midnight researching this. I'm not happy.

I cannot figure out why this guy is putting off the inevitable. He wrote a 12 page confession. Let's do this thing:

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=44820

Extradition delay for man accused in Coryell County child assault

"A former Fort Hood soldier was scheduled to appear in the Pierce County Superior Court in Washington state Tuesday at a return-date hearing for extradition to Texas, but the lack of a governor's arrest warrant kept him seated in the Pierce County Jail.

Joseph Allsop, 27, has been fighting extradition back to Coryell County since his Aug. 27 arrest in connection with the 2005 murder of his young daughter. Allsop was rescheduled to appear in the court Oct. 26....."

more at link

Finally, an update:

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=45720

Man extradited to Coryell County

Oct. 26, 2010

"A soldier who sat in a Washington state jail for two months has been extradited back to Coryell County on capital murder charges in the 2005 death of his infant daugther.

Joseph Allsop, 27, was booked in the Coryell County Jail at 3:58 a.m. Saturday. Bail was not set.

As of late Tuesday afternoon, Allsop has not been indicted, according to Coryell County District Clerk Janice Gray. Allsop was arrested in Pierce County, Wash., Aug. 27 on charges of capital murder...."

more at link

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=45756

Allsop indicted on charge of capital murder

Oct. 28, 2010

"A former Copperas Cove resident was indicted on charges of capital murder Tuesday in the 2005 death of his young daugther. Joseph Allsop, 27, was extradited to Coryell County Saturday from Washington, where he was stationed at Fort Lewis.

Allsop alledgedly detailed in an Aug. 17 confession letter the sexual acts he performed on his five-month-old daughter in January 2005. Allsop was living with his now-estranged wife, SA, in Copperas Cove at the time of the infant's death...."

more at link

Great news. I'd wondered why I could never find updates on this horribly disturbing case. I guess there really wasn't a trial after the plea.

I'm still very bothered by the fact that Allsop was able to slip through the cracks by moving to another state. How could the military have missed that he was a RSO in Oregon?

This is the first tme I've seen this thread and good lord, what a nightmare of a human being. Whenever I read of someone like this, my mind starts wondering how many more of him there are that we don't know about? Just because this one confessed, this one got caught....it's too much.

Here is the definition of a psychopath: What is A Psychopath?
Psychopaths cannot be understood in terms of antisocial rearing or development. They are simply morally depraved individuals who represent the "monsters" in our society. They are unstoppable and untreatable predators whose violence is planned, purposeful and emotionless. The violence continues until it reaches a plateau at age 50 or so, then tapers off.

Their emotionlessness reflects a detached, fearless, and possibly dissociated state, revealing a low-state autonomic nervous system and lack of anxiety. It's difficult to say what motivates them - control and dominance possibly - since their life history will usually show no long-standing bonds with others nor much rhyme to their reason (other than the planning of violence).

For someone who does this to innocent babies, HIS OWN innocent babies...this seems to fit him like a glove. Not only did he do it over and over throughout his life, but he was able to just go about his daily business after murdering his own daughter in the process. He obviously wasn't bonded with his own children. He obvioulsy lacks conscience and empathy. Lock him up and throw away the key!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD
Back