TX TX - James Foster Chance, 48, veh abandoned @ Texarkana Welcome Center, Grapevine, 19 Jan 2021

HIM_Darling

Reaction score
Where is James Chance?

Chance is described as 6’1” tall, weighing about 175 pounds, with red hair and blue/green eyes.

James Chance was last seen by neighbors cleaning up water damage after the historic winter storm(Feb 12-17).

His car was found in March at the Arkansas welcome center on Interstate 30 just northeast of Texarkana.

The welcome center and surrounding area was searched by K9s but resulted in no leads. No evidence of foul play at this time.

Anyone with information is urged to contact detectives at: cidmail@grapevinetexas.gov or call their non-emergency line at: 817.410.8127.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) | NamUs #MP80001

James Foster Chance

80001_387310.jpg 80001_387307.jpg 80001_387313.jpg 80001_387316.jpg 80001_387319.jpg

Date of Last Contact: January 19, 2021
Missing From: Grapevine, Texas

Demographics
Missing Age: 48 Years
Current Age: 48 Years
First Name: James
Middle Name: Foster
Last Name: Chance
Sex: Male
Height: 6' 1" (73 Inches)
Weight: 175 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances of Disappearance
Vehicle abandoned at Texarkana Welcome Center, 10000 I-30 East, 5 car strip parking on or after 28 March 2021. Texarkana Welcome Center 10000 I-30 East

Physical Description
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description: thick, and curly when long thick and smooth when short as in a military cut
Body Hair Description: chest, arms and legs, also auburn
Facial Hair Description: generally clean-shaven altho' in recent years a 'Grizzly Adams' bushy beard for variable amounts of time
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue
Eye Description: non-prescription aviator-style sunglasses frequently worn outdoors

Distinctive Physical Features
Scar/mark: left index finer scarred and a little crooked at second knuckle small scar as result of attempted navel piercing

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: wears jeans, button-down tapered shirts with long-sleeve colored undershirts for the most part

Transportation
2005 Toyota MR2
Style: Coupe
Color: Black
State: Texas
License Plate: CYY 1882
Expiration Year: 2021

Investigating Agencies
CASE OWNER
Grapevine Police Department
(817) 410-8127
Agency Case Number: 2100014640
Shannon Perry, Detective

Facebook – Grapevine Police Department

188906711_4362943780383748_3137343774102458741_n.png

His sister is posting on FB, seems like no one knows where he was or how his car ended up at the welcome center.

If it was just after the winter storm where neighbors last saw him cleaning up, I wonder if his house had any damaged pipes? Could he have been meeting up with someone who claimed to have plumbing parts he may have needed? There were lots of news stories of people driving hours/states away to get supplies to avoid a months long wait.

That welcome center looks pretty nice to not have cameras to narrow down the timeline of when the car arrived.

James, who goes by Foster, is still missing. His mom has been posting updates and other information in the FB group (both in posts and comments/replies). Unfortunately there is no new information regarding Foster's whereabouts since he disappeared. One person gave them a "tip". I wonder whether anyone checked the Walmart on the TX side in Texarkana? A 12 May post details information about some bank activity at a Motel 6 and a sighting of his vehicle prior to it being discovered abandoned at the Welcome Center near Texarkana. Here's a link to Google Maps showing the locations mentioned. His family has his car and his dead cell phone (which had been swiped clean of texts, calls, photos, etc.), but did not find his laptop. They've recently (14 July) moved him out of his apartment. :( I pray Foster is ok and if he is, I wish he'd contact his family.

Missing - James Foster Chance

If it was just after the winter storm where neighbors last saw him cleaning up, I wonder if his house had any damaged pipes? Could he have been meeting up with someone who claimed to have plumbing parts he may have needed? There were lots of news stories of people driving hours/states away to get supplies to avoid a months long wait.

That welcome center looks pretty nice to not have cameras to narrow down the timeline of when the car arrived.
I believe the tapes had already been taped over when the police tried to look at them :(

I just came across Foster while listening to old episodes of the Vanished podcast. Sadly, everything about his case says "self harm" to me. I wish Marissa had asked whether or not he owned a firearm, and if so, if it was missing from his apartment when he disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back