GUILTY TX - Jennifer Crecente, 18, shot to death, Austin, 15 Feb 2006

The teenager charged with murder in the death of his Bowie High School girlfriend was recently released from a prison boot camp.

Justin Allen Crabbe remained jailed Tuesday, accused of shooting Jennifer Crecente last week.

According to court records, Crabbe and another female went on a crime spree last May.

They broke into a home and Crabbe tried to escape police in a stolen car.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/022106kvueCrabbe-cb.4cfadb7c.html

So basically this was a messed up kid. In the picture he looks like a little boy. The old saying rings true...you can't judge a book by its cover!

Sassygerl said:
The teenager charged with murder in the death of his Bowie High School girlfriend was recently released from a prison boot camp.

Justin Allen Crabbe remained jailed Tuesday, accused of shooting Jennifer Crecente last week.

According to court records, Crabbe and another female went on a crime spree last May.

They broke into a home and Crabbe tried to escape police in a stolen car.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/022106kvueCrabbe-cb.4cfadb7c.html

Mygirlsadie said:
So basically this was a messed up kid. In the picture he looks like a little boy. The old saying rings true...you can't judge a book by its cover!

So true, but keep in mind that picture is his 10th grade yearbook picture. I'm sure he looks much different now......long hair and all that. I would think a more recent pic will come out soon!

This one is not good at all. I am sure glad the father of the one that the suspect tried pining it on spoke up.And Sassy your are right that was an old Pic. Look at the one charged in the Horowitz case pic from high school who would have thought

I wonder why her mother didn't know she was hanging out with a guy who had recently been released from prison.

And I"m not 100% sure of Richard's dad's story - both young men were filmed in Academy buying the bullets that killed Jennifer, and the boys appear together in a photo in the 10th grade yearbook. So much for the two young men only knowing each other for weeks, as Richard's father says. I'm kind of uneasy about how he calls his son "dude" so many times. It's not all the way clear Richard is off the hook.

KatherineQ said:
I wonder why her mother didn't know she was hanging out with a guy who had recently been released from prison.

And I"m not 100% sure of Richard's dad's story - both young men were filmed in Academy buying the bullets that killed Jennifer, and the boys appear together in a photo in the 10th grade yearbook. So much for the two young men only knowing each other for weeks, as Richard's father says. I'm kind of uneasy about how he calls his son "dude" so many times. It's not all the way clear Richard is off the hook.

I hadn't heard that the two guys were pictured together in the yearbook. I know that Jen and Justin were both on the same page in the yearbook. As far as her mother, she's had some major medical issues...not sure exactly what. Being that Jennifer showed up at her friend Cynthia's house often day or night it makes me wonder what kind of relationship she had with her mother (got my impressions from myspace blog entries). I still haven't heard what type of gun was used (handgun I'm assuming). I think your suspicions are for sure something I am hoping the cops are really looking into as far as the two of them buying ammo at Academy. It's not like 2 hunters running to Academy together.....

Thank you for caring about and following the case of my daughter, Jennifer. Though I will not comment on my relationship with my daughter I assure that what you see in the media and on the Internet is unbalanced or incorrect.

You have to be careful, very careful about making judgments and assumptions, and I'm seeing a lot of that. It is extremely painful. You are talking about REAL people here, not some characters in a story. Because I have been quiet in the media/online-people have assumed (mostly elsewhere) that I don't care or had a bad relationship with my daughter. People assume incredibly incorrectly that Jennifer's other family members had a better/closer relationship because they are who you see all over. That is flat wrong. But you are right about the fact that I am ill and I cannot take the time to build websites. I am dealing with all of the red tape that goes along with something like this, and extreme fatigue and grief, trying to financially survive, how to face an upcoming trial and so much more, with no help from some of the people you see all over the net and news.

Jennifer was a talented, sweet, smart, gorgeous, imperfect 18 year old. She was not into drugs, she was an animal lover, she was always there for her friends, and she always tried to help the underdogs, unfortunately to her grave detriment.

So keep remembering her, keep researching and turn over anything you find to the police. But also remember that unkind or biased words hurt, and I cannot begin to tell you how much hurt I feel already. This was my only baby and I have no idea how to live without her.

Elizabeth

I am not a moderator but I would like to take this moment to remind us all that this is the located info & support thread and not for discussing the case but for posting information links and support for the family. Case discussion is deliberately kept to a special discussion thread to help us avoid having family read speculations and discussions that might be upsetting.

Elizabeth, I miss you very much. I miss your angel too! Jen's garden is so beautiful. The girls and I visit it almost every Sunday. It is a peaceful place and Jordan especially finds some comfort in going there and seeing how the plants are growing. I hope you are finding some peace and healing through all of this. My prayers are with you and hope one day we can talk again. Try and be strong and know that Jen is watching over you.

I don't know how threads slip by you but this blows my mind how many more are killed in the US and we don't even hear about it. The reporting on this case is so skimppy I guess because they have who they think is guilty. He looks so smart a$$
Elizabeth I am so so sorry for you. I wish words could make it right. I pray that you have family that is near and supportive. God bless Jennifers mom,Elizabeth and dad Drew.
http://keyetv.com/local/local_story_215172234.html
Another court date was set for September.

Crabbe is accused of murdering Bowie High School senior Jennifer Crecente.
web site for Jennifer
http://jenniferann.org/

How sad that this young girl died this way. Only 18 yrs old with her whole life ahead of her.

I hope LE has got this murder figured out by now. Was there one kid involved or two? Why would that boy do such a horrible thing to Jennifer? It just doesn't make any sense. What did he think he would gain? Hopfully he will stay behind bars for the rest of his life.

Jennifer your wall is great; I think you would like it...I don't want anyone to forget such a sweet girl as you!

From February 2008:

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/new...cle_dd826c8c-2eb7-5056-8a79-8ceff73fbe48.html

Charges were dropped Friday against the second man accused in the murder of a Texas high schooler who once lived in Moultrie.

Ricardo Roman... was accused of supplying the gun and ammunition used to kill Jennifer Crecente, a senior at Austin’s Bowie High School, in 2006...

Her boyfriend, 19-year-old Justin Allen Crabbe, also of Austin, pleaded guilty in July 2007 to killing her... He’s serving a 35-year sentence for Crecente’s murder...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back