TX - Jesus Mora Flores, 47, caught molesting child, beaten to death, 2012

This father should...

• Total voters
Yea, that's an old story. Not sure why it's posted as if it were new. Rather obviously the guy wasn't going to be charged since this is in TX. In some other state he could very well have been charged.

Respectfully, IMO this thread should stay in the old place where it was as a way to respect the family's wishes for privacy and to move on from this awful event. Why are we revisiting this?

I explaned my vote for manslaughter above. It was for if he had done this in a state without the castle domain law. I don't think that a state without that law would just not address the killing of another person. Regardless if he was molesting a child or not it would have gone to trial. I do not think he would deserve a conviction of manslaughter. I am confident that if he were taken to trial he would walk out a free man. 100% confident.

I kind of found the use of the word "brave enough" to be confrontational. But maybe that's just me.

If this had happened in a state without a 'stand-your-ground' law and I was on the jury he would either walk or it would be a hung jury.
Common sense has to come into play.
If my 10 yr old daughter came to me, and said that a month ago, the same had happened to her, then the same logic would apply. If I could get to him, I'd kill him before I called 911.
Sorry, but its a fact, justice does not always win in this country.

Last night, I heard the 911 call on Nancy Grace, and the father was very concerned that the perp would die. He briefly mentioned that he caught the guy molesting his daughter, and the rest of the call was begging them to hurry so Flores wouldn't die. His family even performed CPR while they waited for EMS to arrive. I have a feeling that, at 47, Flores may not have been in the best of health. The shock of being caught "in the act", along with the physical altercation with the girl's father, may have caused heart problems that hastened his demise. There was nothing in the father's tone of voice that would lead one to believe that he intended to kill Flores. Instead, he seemed shocked and appalled at the idea that Flores might die.
IMO

I would think, that the father, after doing what should come naturally to a father, realized what he had done, and was afraid that the way justice works in this country, he may be prosecuted for killing the guy.
I commend him in every way possible.

This was a case of abuse happening at that moment.
This father intervened WHILE abuse was happening and stopped it.
That is different than finding out later this happened and taking revenge for it.

This wasn't a revenge killing.
This was a father reacting on instinct to save his screaming child.
This father acted on instinct. He didn't go back to the house and get a weapon. He reacted instantly.

Just like if he'd walked into a dog attacking her... the instinct is to neutralize the threat.
Unfortunately that resulted in the guy dying, but he was just trying to stop him so he could call for help.

All he knew is that his child was screaming. He didn't know if the guy planned to kill her too.
He could have accidentally killed her raping her, that has happened more than once with a child that age.
He had to assume this guy was a threat to his child's life (because he was) and act accordingly. :twocents:

What happened to today's posts? I saw that there were some, clicked on here, and they were gone???

This molester got what he deserved. I wish things like this happened more often-then maybe some odd these perverts would think twice before they molest a child.

What happened to today's posts? I saw that there were some, clicked on here, and they were gone???

When somebody votes in the poll it bumps the thread to the top of the page.
Drives me crazy because I always think there is a new post on the poll threads when there isn't.
Look at the date of the last post before clicking and it'll save you some annoyance and confusion. :seeya:

If it doesn't involve violence it shouldn't be traumatic because kids that age don't remember things that are not extreme. Remember, a 4 year old has no idea what sex is, or the social stigmas attached, so they would not know what is/was going on. It would just be another game to them, perhaps one they didnt like, but a game none the less. Unless someone tells them constantly later in life. What causes the trauma and consequences later in life is the behaviour of people around the victim who are aware of the crime. The best thing they could do for this kid is not mention it again, but unfortunately she watched her father beat someone to death, and that is never going away.

Sometimes things are best left in the past. My sister had a minor incident when she was around 10, it wasn't a big deal. I was there at the same time, a year older than her, and experienced the same thing, so I know exactly what happened. But later on in life as things didn't work out all that well for her personally (she was bipolar), it slowly began to take on bigger and bigger proportions, mainly (IMO) because they people around her were feading this thing as the cause of all her problems, when it in fact wasn't. They wanted to find a reason and someone to blame for her issues who wasn't my sister, and in doing so they completely missed what was really going on. Eventually she killed herself. I blame the people around her at the end. They might have meant well, but they didn't understand her true problems untill too late, but by then the damage was done.

I would think that a grown man inserting his penis into the vagina of a 4 year old would be a violent, traumatic and extreme act! I have no other words!

It’s hard to even imagine how horrifying it would be to find a forty seven year old man molesting your five year old daughter in a barn. In that situation, most of us would instinctively feel compelled to act just like this.

A Texas father who discovered a man raping his five-year-old daughter and beat him to death with his bare hands will not be charged with homicide under state law.

A Lavaca County grand jury decided not to press charges against the 23-year-old father in the June 9th death of Jesus Mora Flores, 47, who was killed inside a remote shack after he was caught molesting the young girl.

I am so tickled with this decision!!

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2015/04/3...-year-old-daughter-faces-no-charges-in-texas/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back