TX TX - Jimmie Sue Smith, 19, Lubbock, 23 June 1981

From October 2014:

http://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com/news/state-regional/new-info-on-lubbock-murder-33-years-later

After 33 years, the family of Jimmie Sue Smith said police recently gave them more information about the murder...

In the last year, Caraway said that police got to a point where they had a lone person of interest, but nothing was ever presented to a grand jury and charges were never filed, because the family said the person police were looking at died before any of those things happened. The information was never released publicly, but the family was told.

I lived in Lubbock in 1981 and I barely remember this , my aunt taught at Tech , I wish this would be solved .

I hope this case gets solved as with DNA it should be a slam dunk once the person is found.

This officer then begins following this person and at one point collects DNA via a discarded cigarette, pop can etc.

It seems to me like they solved several cases doing this - but I could be wrong. I have to admit that it doesn't seem like it could be legal - but I am not sure. If the police thought this man a viable suspect to this day, couldn't they do this with him? At least they would have a dead on answer instead of speculating if he was involved or not.

Unfortunately, incompetency rules the day on this one. The DNA evidence collected from the scene was lost by local authorities.

Myself I think they need a new drawing what that guy looked like ... That one ( no dissrespected to person draw it ) But that drawing need's updated bad..

Right now it look's like Zodiac Killer with a Snookie type hair style..

Where is this drawing. Looked through this thread and didn't see a link... unless I missed it!

Unfortunately, incompetency rules the day on this one. The DNA evidence collected from the scene was lost by local authorities.

Can you post a link about the missing DNA?

Giving this case a bump as not really sure if the case has been solved.

Of course this may not be the right model but the likely offender was seen driving one of these at the crime scene and he still got away with:

img_6790.jpg

Orange VW Beetle - BenLevy.com

I would take a look at the Golden State Killer as a suspect in this case as although it is in Texas he had a bit of an obsession with VW Beetle's here are some cases from California where one may have been involved:

Two Mothers killed in Placer County, CA : UnresolvedMysteries

Another possible connection as horrible as it sounds is I believe the killer defeated in the toilet and did not flush. If you read the message boards the Golden State Killer suspect has also been accused by some posters of doing this perhaps with contacts in LE so they would know more of going this.

Another possible connection as horrible as it sounds is I believe the killer defeated in the toilet and did not flush. If you read the message boards the Golden State Killer suspect has also been accused by some posters of doing this perhaps with contacts in LE so they would know more of going this.

Meant defecated of course not defeated he should have been defeated by Dirty Harry along time ago.

Giving this case a bump as not really sure if the case has been solved.
It has and it hasn't. Like the 2014 article from the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal said, the police had a suspect they were and are pretty sure about, but he died before they could put it to a Grand Jury and bring charges. But they reportedly told the family.

well if the suspect is dead, its time to find a relative and test that DNA....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back