TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot look right now. Is it a gas station?

Sorry...I should have clarified...to me it looks like an industrial building of sorts. It doesn't appear to look anything like a grocery store, gas station, etc.

however, the video doesn't show the front of the building, only part of the building where the camera is located, which appears to be a steel building.

OT but probably because I just watched "Disappeared", I thought about Kara Kopetsky with her reddish hair, still missing from Missouri...

Sorry...I should have clarified...to me it looks like an industrial building of sorts. It doesn't appear to look anything like a grocery store, gas station, etc.

however, the video doesn't show the front of the building, only part of the building where the camera is located, which appears to be a steel building.

The camera shown in that particular news report is from a building in the vicinity of where the burned body was found, likely from the Alloy business building or one of the other semi-industrial businesses around it. It was neither from a "grocery store" nor a "gas station", but around here the two often blend together.

Oh holy hell, I just started a new job so I haven't been tuned in to the news and WS's 24/7 like usual so this is the first I am hearing about this! I am as local as local can get and CANNOT believe that I didn't hear about this over the weekend while I was lounging up on my couch catching up on all of my news and WS's...I would have been in my car or posting flyers or something! What the heck, where was the amber alert??? Somebody, anybody please catch me up on this little boy's story, my heart is just breaking for him. Anyhoo, as I said, I'm local, this is my area, grew up on the northside, drive I-45 or the Hardy Toll Road to 610 loop every day going to work. As a matter of fact we have been in the process of building a new office on Shepherd right near this and I've been visiting the area regularly too. Sad. Sad sad sad.

Looks like a camera up on the side of this building, about halfway up the corner, which looks like the one in the video: Schilder Drive, at 9900 block of Hardy Road

If you turn around from there, this is what you see:
I wonder if this is the culvert?

If that's the case, then I don't think this was done in broad daylight. I can't imagine someone putting a body there during the daytime, unless there were no cars at either building. Since it was Christmas Eve, this may have been the case. But I think it had to be have been put there at night.

Oh holy hell, I just started a new job so I haven't been tuned in to the news and WS's 24/7 like usual so this is the first I am hearing about this! I am as local as local can get and CANNOT believe that I didn't here about this over the weekend while I was lounging up on my couch catching up on all of my news and WS's...I would have been in my car or posting flyers or something! What the heck, where was the amber alert??? Somebody, anybody please catch me up on this little boy's story, my heart is just breaking for him. Anyhoo, as I said, I'm local, this is my area, grew up on the northside, drive I-45 or the Hardy Toll Road to 610 loop every day going to work. As a matter of fact we have been in the process of building a new office on Shepherd right near this and I've been visiting the area regularly too. Sad. Sad sad sad.

quick story

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

If that's the case, then I don't think this was done in broad daylight. I can't imagine someone putting a body there during the daytime, unless there were no cars at either building. Since it was Christmas Eve, this may have been the case. But I think it had to be have been put there at night.

Yes, I would agree -- it looks like the kind of area that would be pretty deserted after work ends at those plants. There are houses farther out Schilder, but it looks like the trees screen this particular spot.

Oh holy hell, I just started a new job so I haven't been tuned in to the news and WS's 24/7 like usual so this is the first I am hearing about this! I am as local as local can get and CANNOT believe that I didn't here about this over the weekend while I was lounging up on my couch catching up on all of my news and WS's...I would have been in my car or posting flyers or something! What the heck, where was the amber alert??? Somebody, anybody please catch me up on this little boy's story, my heart is just breaking for him. Anyhoo, as I said, I'm local, this is my area, grew up on the northside, drive I-45 or the Hardy Toll Road to 610 loop every day going to work. As a matter of fact we have been in the process of building a new office on Shepherd right near this and I've been visiting the area regularly too. Sad. Sad sad sad.

follow up on a few things

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7356276.html

So, are most believing that the phonecalls to moms work were a hoax or completely untrue? Just been catching up again reading all posts and that seems to be what many are thinking..

So, what about the co worker that intially took the first call that stated it was Jonathan asking for his mother at which time she told him mom was working and would have to call back..that is when the raspy voiced woman grabs phone and says it was an emergency...

Then followed the call back to the home again hearing raspy voiced woman and Jonathan as well..

So, is it thought that the co worker is lying? I just think that its too early to discount a non family members acct of what happened..she would have noreason for lying or covering and certainly would be cappable of discerning a man attempting to disguise his voice as a woman..

OH good if you out and about near where the burned remains was found, can you check out the cameras and see if they are angled to where the body was the camera could capture a good look?

Source: Burned Body Found Believe To Be That of Missing 12 Year Old Boy

Houston police are still waiting for official identification from the Medical Examiner's Office, but we're told investigators are proceeding as if the body found earlier today is that of Jonathan Foster.

We know the boy's mother and stepfather are at police headquarters while others spent Tuesday night to honor Jonathan.

Family and friends gathered together to draw strength Tuesday night. With every candle, there is still hope Jonathan Foster will come home.

Adding to the agony, the discovery of a child's badly burned body this morning, just five miles away from the home where he was last seen. Police on East Hardy told us the body had been dumped there.

At the time, they didn't know whether there was a link. But Tuesday night, police sources confirmed there is.

On Monday, Jonathan's stepfather told us his theory about what happened.

"I think a pedophile took him. That's what I think and I want him back. I want revenge. Something, something like that, you know," said stepfather David Davis.

Today he faced additional police questions and was not seen publicly. Houston police towed away his car, but wouldn't say why. As is standard, all family members have been extensively interviewed.

We're told police are zeroing in on a suspect.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7868001

Also the Aunt who raised Jonathan from ages 6-11 is here posting with us.

I think the calls to the mom were real.. at least as far as the mother and co worker knew..... i'm not discounting the stepfather or roommate/friend made them though.

I raised from age 6 to 11, not sure where the 2-6 came in. I had him just last novemeber when he wanted to go back to his granny's in Houston.

So, are most believing that the phonecalls to moms work were a hoax or completely untrue? Just been catching up again reading all posts and that seems to be what many are thinking..

So, what about the co worker that intially took the first call that stated it was Jonathan asking for his mother at which time she told him mom was working and would have to call back..that is when the raspy voiced woman grabs phone and says it was an emergency...

Then followed the call back to the home again hearing raspy voiced woman and Jonathan as well..

So, is it thought that the co worker is lying? I just think that its too early to discount a non family members acct of what happened..she would have noreason for lying or covering and certainly would be cappable of discerning a man attempting to disguise his voice as a woman..

I don't think the co-worker is lying. I think they are confused or mistaken. JMO.

why in that spot to leave a body? I mean you can see the camera on the building right there too. Why there?

Sorry, sorry, sorry i read so many things today they are running together.

Why on earth would some "passerby" notice or ever feel the need to report what looked to be charred debri? That doesn't make any sense. Must have either been A: something else suspect about what they saw or B: the tip was from someone who knew exactly what that was.

IMHO I don't think it's quite uncommon. If one travels the road frequently and saw something out of the ordinary, they may stop and look. Nosey is as nosey does don't they say. I remember a couple weeks back I thought what looked like a stroller on the sidewalk with no one nearby. EEK! I stopped to make sure a baby wasn't in it. Maybe it wasn't all ashes and the person thought it would be good to stop.

For what it's worth - I'm glad they did.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members