TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I have nothing against cremation and realize it is a family's choice, I was saddened when I saw that Jonathan had been cremated. I'm sorry, but it did not seem fitting after everything he had been through at the end of his life. But that is MOO. I think you all realize what I am trying to say but I don't know how to put it into words right.

I understand completely. :hug:

While I have nothing against cremation and realize it is a family's choice, I was saddened when I saw that Jonathan had been cremated. I'm sorry, but it did not seem fitting after everything he had been through at the end of his life. But that is MOO. I think you all realize what I am trying to say but I don't know how to put it into words right.

I know exactly what you are saying. But I'm guessing they cremated him because of funeral costs. Or it could be they wanted to keep him close and be able to "hold him".

I was relieved to see they had him cremated. I don't think I could bury one of my own children in the condition he was left in. It would break my heart to know one of them would be resting like that.

I would not be surprised if cremation was gently suggested to the family for various reasons. But I understand where you are coming from.

I have a question or perhaps just a comment.

There is no one that watches Nancy Grace that she would of been ALL OVER the discovery of the body, the arrest of MN and then events since she last reported or the show reported back before the new years... these are MAJOR developments that have come out and there is no reporting of it on her show.. why? Normally there would be a BIG... bombshell tonight statement.. yet there is NOTHING.. no one can really logically say that their is just no interest it this case.. this is a big case and a horrific one.. and not to know Nancy but the more horrific.. the more she likes to report it.

What is the reason why. I though maybe so many different stories on this and confusing info, but her producers could get to the bottom of that and report what news has come out that is true. Could it be that the NON reporting by media crime shows? Perhaps scared to get involved in a potential backlash from Quannell X... if that is the reason? Could perhaps JF mother and family asked her to please not to cover it due to it will bring more pain out for them or possible LE advised her not to cover due to information out there.. i dont believe that due to LE has been pretty forthcoming with stating MN acted alone.. they havent exactly been hush, hush

does anyone else find that NG hasnt covered this?? I was thinking after the holidays.. but not a word.. nothing.. There has got to be somthing behind this. This case is just as horrific as Zhara Baker and that was covered extensivly.

Anyone info on why? Somthing is preventing full hour new coverage of this. Not even a metion by JVM .. very, very odd.

I am not sure this is the correct forum for this, if not forgive me but was the one I could find with the most current post and infomation on the case.

Thank you for any imput.. especially those who think this is very out of charachter for the HLN news shows? Very odd IMO

There is no one that watches Nancy Grace that she would of been ALL OVER the discovery of the body, the arrest of MN and then events since she last reported or the show reported back before the new years... these are MAJOR developments that have come out and there is no reporting of it on her show.. why? Normally there would be a BIG... bombshell tonight statement.. yet there is NOTHING.. no one can really logically say that their is just no interest it this case.. this is a big case and a horrific one.. and not to know Nancy but the more horrific.. the more she likes to report it.

What is the reason why. I though maybe so many different stories on this and confusing info, but her producers could get to the bottom of that and report what news has come out that is true. Could it be that the NON reporting by media crime shows? Perhaps scared to get involved in a potential backlash from Quannell X... if that is the reason? Could perhaps JF mother and family asked her to please not to cover it due to it will bring more pain out for them or possible LE advised her not to cover due to information out there.. i dont believe that due to LE has been pretty forthcoming with stating MN acted alone.. they havent exactly been hush, hush

does anyone else find that NG hasnt covered this?? I was thinking after the holidays.. but not a word.. nothing.. There has got to be somthing behind this. This case is just as horrific as Zhara Baker and that was covered extensivly.

Anyone info on why? Somthing is preventing full hour new coverage of this. Not even a metion by JVM .. very, very odd.

I am not sure this is the correct forum for this, if not forgive me but was the one I could find with the most current post and infomation on the case.

Thank you for any imput.. especially those who think this is very out of charachter for the HLN news shows? Very odd IMO

This crime has been pretty well solved. NG is more about unsolved crimes IMO.

SherryK, I know there was a big push to NG and JVM from WS members concerning another case listed on the forums. That case was showcased tonight, last night, and from what I've heard, will be again tomorrow night on NG.

Blame us WS's! :)

I was relieved to see they had him cremated. I don't think I could bury one of my own children in the condition he was left in. It would break my heart to know one of them would be resting like that.

I kind of look at the creamation as follows.

The family has had to go though the horrific details and knowing what was done to his body, this way they at least know that anything of the sort as in cremation is yes incenerating the body.. but on THEIR terms.. a way to take somthing horribe that was done and make it on their terms, to turm a horrible thing into a way to show JF that if anyone is going to destroy a body even if after death MF.. that no she would be the one with the final word on the condition of his death and being buried in the way SHE left him (MN) this way it would be the family decison in "their way".. a way with respect to JF, a way to keep his ashes close to them always. The burial of a body at times I think is not close enough to a person..

I kinda see it as a way to honor him and take away the condition the body was in and turn it into a loving part of having him close and the ashes represent now how condition he was found, but the condition of him each and every part of a little boy who was perfect in their eyes..

still sad no matter what.

What is the reason why.

Snipped by me.... Hey Sherryk - I honestly thought the same thing. This entire case has received FAR too little attention outside of the Houston area in my opinion. Not sure why NG and national media hasn't followed it like we have. Frustrating.

Would the COD have to have been determined before a body is released for cremation?

SherryK, I know there was a big push to NG and JVM from WS members concerning another case listed on the forums. That case was showcased tonight, last night, and from what I've heard, will be again tomorrow night on NG.

Blame us WS's! :)

Still a mention of comformation of the body, the charge of MN, condolence to family would of been nice even on JVM..I would of and could of done without the Lohan and Favre scandle..

JMO. Still think some other reason.

Yes the case last night, tonight and tomorrow is so important, I love NG so I am behind what ever that is the chosen topic.. to be honest there is a new missing child, teen, mother each and everyday that comes up. There are certainly alot to cover.. Let us all come to a day, a week, a month, a year that these horrific things are less and less in society..

in the meantime.. I would not object to camera's on every street, It doesnt bother me or invade my privacy if they see me doing anything at all.. the life of a child or innocent victem would outweigh any rights I feel I should have.. I mean what is the worse they would catch innocent people doing.. picking their nose lol.. I have nothing to hide.. lets catch the dirty, sick people that have evil intentions...

thanks for reading at least an opinion on this. Just sick and tired and tired and sick over the children being taken. It seems so common that a person can do this just as easy as they do.

I completely agree on the Lohan and Favre coverage. I have not been able to watch either of the shows and did not know this.

......in the meantime.. I would not object to camera's on every street, It doesnt bother me or invade my privacy if they see me doing anything at all.. the life of a child or innocent victem would outweigh any rights I feel I should have.. I mean what is the worse they would catch innocent people doing.. picking their nose lol.. I have nothing to hide.. lets catch the dirty, sick people that have evil intentions...

SBM - Interesting comment. I agree and disagree. Technology is an awesome and powerful force, and I completely wish it to be used in a humane and safe manner. At the same time, I just imagine a world where someone like Hitler had access to the technology we now live with. I guarantee you, I could be tracked 24/7 online because I live my personal and professional life here. If we ever saw a dictator that decided he/she wanted to destroy a certain "class" of people, it would be oh, so much easier to find them with today's technology. At the same time, why are the video's we receive of kidnappings and robberies so crappy? Technology is SO advanced, yet it is not currently applied very well. :twocents:

I completely agree on the Lohan and Favre coverage. I have not been able to watch either of the shows and did not know this.

my correction if i implied it was NG on lohan and favre it was JVM, but still the shows are semi the same in type of report they do..

I find it completly off that Nancy didn't pick this story up on Monday or Tuesday night as well as Issues. Something is really keeping them from going forward and it's not because the case is solved, because IMO it is not!

My co worker just got back from vacation and I asked her if she's heard about this horrible case.She said "oh the one where the mother gave the little boy away because of a drug debt?"...and I asked her where she heard that and she said they were saying this on the radio.She said they were saying it as a fact not an opinion.So we went from confusing news reports to flat out rumors that don't even make much sense on the radio?

My feeling is that this noncoverage has a lot to do with the holidays and the way the shows were running at that time. Nancy Grace was on vacation for two weeks. I know last week they had Jean C. take over, but she only did it for three nights. Thursday they had some ridiculous episode about crazy car chases. Monday night they covered the case, but gave a lot of improper information imo, especially when they kept harping on the fact that the mother didn't call the police until 9pm, which as we all know know now, wasn't true. After that they shied away. I'm guessing since Nancy was on vacation, the "B" team was working last week.
Now Nancy is back and it's a new year with fresh cases that she can be a part of from the beginning - to build her narrative and her bombshells- like Haleigh Cummings and Zahra Baker. I also think that way too often she drops cases after an arrest, and I am left wondering, what happened to these people? I need to know more. But then I come here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500