GUILTY TX - Jordan Edwards, 15, fatally shot by Balch Springs PD officer, 29 April 2017 *guilty and civil trial $21.6M

I'm so sorry that I'm just now reading about this. Poor Jordan and family!

Nobody Was Drinking At The Party Where Police Killed Jordan Edwards

There was never a reason for Jordan Edwards to be fatally shot by a police officer ― and a new report reveals that there was never even a reason for authorities to be at the party the teen was attending.

A newly released autopsy report also reveals that Edwards wasn’t under the influence when officer Roy Oliver shot him. The officer was responding to a reports that teens had been drinking at a party.

Police found no alcohol or drugs at party where cop shot Jordan Edwards

This week’s revelation by a law enforcement official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, and an attorney for the boy’s family accompanied the results of Jordan’s autopsy. They say the results show the teen had no alcohol or illegal drugs in his system when he died.

Balch Springs police had previously said there was alcohol at the party but officers didn’t cite anyone.

I can't believe they would lie.

Roy Oliver, the officer who shot Jordan, was later fired and arrested on a murder charge.
1498679594-Roy-Oliver-Jordan-Edwards-panel.jpg

If Jordan was belligerent, I would be just as angry about this crime. He wasn't driving (and still wouldn't deserve to have his head blown off), and there are millions of teens who drink in our country. But they can't find anything on sweet Jordan, to blame him for this. Nothing . After Philando, I really don't want to get my hopes up, but I just can't imagine this former officer getting away with this one. I really can't.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If Jordan was belligerent, I would be just as angry about this crime. He wasn't driving (and still wouldn't deserve to have his head blown off), and there are millions of teens who drink in our country. But they can't find anything on sweet Jordan, to blame him for this. Nothing . After Philando, I really don't want to get my hopes up, but I just can't imagine this former officer getting away with this one. I really can't.

I never get my hopes up. I always assume they will get away with it. :(

http://cnn.it/2vcojiT

Roy Oliver, 37, formerly of the Balch Springs police department, was indicted by a grand jury on one count of murder in the death of Jordan Edwards and four counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon by a public servant in connection with the four other people in the car, Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson said.

I am so glad to see this!! Justice for Jordan!!

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 36m36 minutes ago

Judge Brandon Birmingham takes the bench. #RoyOliver was a police officer in Balch Springs, TX. He is charged with the murder of 15-yr-old Jordan Edwards for shooting at the car he was in as they were leaving a party.

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 23m23 minutes ago

#RoyOliver - Arguments before opening statements happening now. They are arguing over statements made by Oliver and what can be allowed. They are referencing a Garrity Warning given to defendant

DkuhWNHUYAAhoeK.jpg

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 21m21 minutes ago

#RoyOliver - Defense renews their motion for change of venue. Judge denies.

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 21m21 minutes ago

#RoyOliver - Late yesterday, the defense filed a emergency stay motion with the court of appeals to delay the start of this trial. The judge said he has recd no info from the CoA and the trial will continue today.

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 13m13 minutes ago

#RoyOliver - The jury is entering. Opening statements to begin soon. Watch live:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back