Found Deceased TX - Joseph Garcia, 42, Baylor County, 2 July 2015

Thank you all so much for your efforts to get some answer. It isn't something I can just forget about. He was my friend. It will always bother me that it took SO long for him to be found. It just seems like finding him would of produced some more solid answers rather than more questions. ��

onthehill, since Joseph was your friend, do you have any information about what his friends and family feel might have happened? Do you have any idea what he would have been doing in this part of Texas since he didn't work here and doesn't appear to have any friends or family here?

All I know is he was in Abilene working on wind turbines. No one seems to want to speculate much. As far as his immediate family, I haven't seen or talked to any of them since the -celebration of life- they HAD for him. More distant family members have made comments to me -that they think he was probably partying and something went wrong. I really don't feel good about repeating this because it was their opinion and not based off any facts. That is also why I was hoping to get some answer here on websleuths. I guess I could just go by and ask his MoM or brother again, but I don't want to come off as pushy or nosey. I'm not sure if my persistence will come off as rude- I don't want to offend or cause them any more unnecessary stress. Idk...

All I know is he was in Abilene working on wind turbines. No one seems to want to speculate much. As far as his immediate family, I haven't seen or talked to any of them since the -celebration of life- they HAD for him. More distant family members have made comments to me -that they think he was probably partying and something went wrong. I really don't feel good about repeating this because it was their opinion and not based off any facts. That is also why I was hoping to get some answer here on websleuths. I guess I could just go by and ask his MoM or brother again, but I don't want to come off as pushy or nosey. I'm not sure if my persistence will come off as rude- I don't want to offend or cause them any more unnecessary stress. Idk...

Thank you for your input. It is always nice to have family and friends on a thread who know the person personally. I just want to correct one thing in case anyone reads the last few posts only. It is my understanding Joseph was working on the wind farms in Seymore, not Abilene. That was why I asked. I was wondering if he knew anyone in Abilene, or ever came to work on the turbines in Abilene. Seymore is about an hours drive (give or take) north of Abilene. It is also reported he had been to Lubbock this same weekend. Traveling from Seymore to DFW to Lubbock and then Abilene is not just a short road trip in Texas. Those towns cover a very large geographical area of Texas. It's not like you can just run over here and there.

It is my suspicion (no fact here) that he was doing drugs and got into some bad stuff. I base this on the fact his car left the road at a slow pace and he hit a tree and then left the car and was found quite a ways from his car. I don't know what condition he was found in, but if he was missing clothes, that could be a sign of his body shutting down and feeling hot from the drugs. Then resulting in an overdose. That is what I am thinking may have happened.

In the beginning, I suspected homicide, but as I have read more about excited delirium, I feel this may be what happened to Joseph. I found the following article which explains excited delirium.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/cc6166.pdf

Hyperthermic complications:
Excessive cocaine use can result in hallucinations, agitation, and hyperthermia, and management is urgent. In addition, cocaine-excited delirium, an important but unusual complication of cocaine use and considered to be an entity separate from cocaine toxicity, is characterised by hyperthermia with profuse sweating, followed by agitated and paranoid behaviour (with dilated pupils); these extreme behavioural
disturbances may progress to collapse (often accompanied by respiratory arrest) and death (cardiorespiratory arrest). It occurs in regular cocaine users who have used the drug in the previous 24 hours. Risk factors identified for fatal cocaine-excited delirium include Afro-Caribbean race, male gender, and administration of cocaine by smoking or injection [23]. Warm summer weather also appears to be a precipitant[24].

BBM

Your absolutely right Nannymo. Joe was in Seymore to work on the turbines. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm from California and although I Google mapped the area where his body was found-I still didn't have a very clear picture of all the running around he did that day. I think your probably very close if not dead on (no pun intended) as to what happened. My gut tells me it's the closest I've run across , as far as details surrounding his death. Although tragic, there is still no doubt in my mind that Joe was a GREAT guy-& will be forever regarded as such. The truth, as horrible & tragic it may be, with effort, can always have some kind of positive outcome. Perhaps in Joe's situation - it is to serve as a reminder to others-that even good people can make decisions THAT can impact their lives in such a way - it can never be undone. I hope that his family doesn't think or feel it is something they should feel ashamed about. My heart still goes o out to every single one of them. Joe had such a huge beautiful laugh~I know all who felt it, will be missing it....

If you stay on Websleuth's and participate in some of the missing person's cases, you will see that most people on here are not judging anyone who may be missing. This forum is full of very generous people who are truly committed to solving a mystery and are not here to judge. I am sad for his family and friends and know he will truly be missed. Thank you for your input.

Thank you very much Nannymo. I feel a connection with you & I've never even met you. I don't remember exactly how I stumbled across Websleuths site but it seems to be a very credible, mature, and compassionate place. I will continue to visit as often as I can. Don't be surprised if you run across me being active in another case regardless if I know the individual or not. I would like to be able to help someone else the way you all have helped me as well someday. God bless you all.

I never seen anything is MSM after the day he was found :/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Was there ever a definitive COD?

I haven't heard anything. Sadly, Joe's brother and mother both passed away recently and their who I would of gotten around to asking. They were all good people, one of a kind. God bless the Garcia family, the living and those resting in peace...😢

I haven't heard anything. Sadly, Joe's brother and mother both passed away recently and their who I would of gotten around to asking. They were all good people, one of a kind. God bless the Garcia family, the living and those resting in peace...😢
Oh no. I'm so sorry :( My sincere condolences.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness! How sad.....a Mother and her 2 sons within a few months of each other. That is heartbreaking. My deepest condolences to you and the Garcia Family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back