GUILTY TX - Joshua Broussard, 17, dead, 4 injured in Spring HS stabbing, 4 Sept 2013

they just called me back.....i reported the twitter accounts in question and when i told them to search #jackboyz he knew exactly what i was talking about.....seems they are aware of this stuff......so sad

sad,but I'm glad they called back and are aware !!! hope every kid that poses with guns on twitter is investigated.Yes,it is heart breaking to see so many kids scared to go back to school ,it should not be like that.My daughter's friend told me she'll just keep her head down and walk fast through the hallways :(

I disagree about parents of kids who are afraid just giving in. They should unite and protest, demanding change and kept kids home at least a couple of days. The idea of just turning over complete control to school systems is troubling, imo. The wealthier people move to good school districts because they will not accept any less, but what about good people who can't move. They're just stuck with it. Texas should be forced to provide year round alternative school to those who've been arrested.

I disagree about parents of kids who are afraid just giving in. They should unite and protest, demanding change and kept kids home at least a couple of days. The idea of just turning over complete control to school systems is troubling, imo. The wealthier people move to good school districts because they will not accept any less, but what about good people who can't move. They're just stuck with it. Texas should be forced to provide year round alternative school to those who've been arrested.

I agree! The parents of the well-behaved, good students should protest and threaten to remove students all at once (they lose funding). Force out the bad seeds and send them away- they lost the privilege to attend with good students.

It is a possibility, keeping the kids home. But would they be considered truant and ruin their record, esp if they want to go to college or join the military. Many parents cannot just pack up and move to a different district in the space of a week or two.Even the ones with money would find that difficult. There are private schools in the area, but I don`t know if they will take new students at this point. Plus, many of them charge between 8000 and 12000 a year. :scared:. I hope the district is offering options to people who want to go elsewhere. There is another high school in Spring that is looked at as a better school. Hopefully the students can find someplace they feel safe.

It is a possibility, keeping the kids home. But would they be considered truant and ruin their record, esp if they want to go to college or join the military. Many parents cannot just pack up and move to a different district in the space of a week or two.Even the ones with money would find that difficult. There are private schools in the area, but I don`t know if they will take new students at this point. Plus, many of them charge between 8000 and 12000 a year. :scared:. I hope the district is offering options to people who want to go elsewhere. There is another high school in Spring that is looked at as a better school. Hopefully the students can find someplace they feel safe.

You can sign up for online High School programs and homeschool. It's legal in Texas and you can always remove your child from a district especially due to gang violence. They cannot legally force you to bring your child back if the parent signs them out. Parents are still legally in charge, not the school.
Texas supports homeschooling.
I would refuse to send my child back there.

It is easier said than done.They were told it is too late for virtual school enrollment and they said they will strictly enforce fines if people try to move their kids out of district.
Wunsche Career Academy seems the only option (that's where my kid is) but Spring High is the home school,she still goes there for functions etc and enrollment for that school is too late as well.The other 2 High schools are Dekaney and Westfield and they are worse than Spring High.Home schooling is not an option for parents that have to work especially if this is your senior year.

No,Klein school district is on the other side of Spring,those schools are considered excellent!Never heard anything bad about Klein schools :)

There sure doesn't sound like there are many schools around there. What are the high schools like in Houston intself instead of the suburbs?

Parents remain wary of Spring High School security following deadly stabbing

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After last week's deadly stabbing at Spring High School, the campus was shut down Thursday and Friday. On Monday, about 40 percent of the student body was a "no show" but Tuesday's attendance significantly increased. Despite increased security, some families are still on edge about sending their children back to school.

From the school district's point of view, Tuesday was a success. Attendance numbers are improving, but there's another set of numbers to consider.

Tuesday was the second day of class since the unthinkable happened last Wednesday, when student Joshua Broussard was fatally stabbed.

The district says 60 percent attended Monday and 85 percent returned to school on Tuesday. The daily average is 92.5 percent for the past school year. But a few of those absences will be permanent.

"There's no communication. I don't feel this school is safe and after today, I don't think my child will ever be back here," one parent said.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9243403

You always have charter schools too, i don't know anything about them though.

OT- Cy-fair High School was on lockdown this morning for a reported weapon in a car. I later heard it was over and that is was a forgotten hunting knife.

#jackboyz have been very active over the past 24hrs. And to think my own child is in general population with these people....it's so sad

There is video at this link that talks about social media alerting authorities to problems at Westfield HS as well.

Metal detectors to remain at Spring High School

HOUSTON—The Spring Independent School District has decided to keep metal detectors at Spring High School for the entire school year.

The portable metal detectors were brought in as classes resumed Monday, and access to the school was limited to only two heavily-monitored entrances. Clear backpacks also became mandatory.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Meta...School-for-entire-school-year--223545131.html

http://abc13.com/news/witnesses-to-fight-testify-in-spring-teens-murder-trial/295755/

A Spring high school student is on trial for murder, accused of fatally stabbing a classmate during a fight in the cafeteria.

On Friday, jurors heard first-hand accounts from other students. Testimony is focusing on eyewitnesses to the fight, some of whom have called it a gang fight that ended in the murder of that student at Spring high.

Several current and former students testified that they saw 17-year-old Luis Alfaro 'talk trash' to the victim just before the attack in the school cafeteria. One said he heard Alfaro threaten to kill 17-year-old Joshua Broussard. Another said he saw Alfaro take the first swing at Broussard and that the fight sparked a melee there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back