TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darlin gal, absolutely the weather could have been a factor, the cold and absolutely the wind. I think that handlers need to be honest with themselves about what they train in (and maybe they were). Bringing in dogs that are more used to the temps would help. The wind, well, it's just a pain, and by the looks of the news shots it was beyond breezy. As a handler you need to be able to say "we are not going to be all that effective in these conditions", you can still try, but you've got to be honest or there may be way too much faith being put on a resource that isn't reliable in the situation, KWIM?

Ugh...had a busy weekend and didn't even have time for WS or the news. This is pretty close to me...wish I had known so I could have been out there looking. It was really nice weather Saturday and Sunday in the day-light hours but really cold at night.

I feel horrible for the family, I saw the mother on local news an hour ago...she looked worn. I hope there were no faul play involved though it doesn't look good for a happy ending :(:(:(

My 4-year-old, when she was 3 she went "missing" and I was totally unawere she had gone! I was changing a diaper when my husband left for work and when I got downstairs my 3-year-old walked in the door and told me she had gone down the street to find her dad and then turned around and went back home when she could not find him. We had only been living here for about a month. Scary to think what could have happened.

PS: When I say nice weather...we had snow Friday. Saturday and Sunday the kids were out playing and enjoying the warmer weather....only wearing a light jacket Saturday and no jackets Sunday.

What is the MOST concerning is the Guadalupe River. It is almost a straight shot, 2 miles down from the residence. This river is known for rafting because of it's fast current and relatively shallow waters.

Honestly for me I am far more concerned about water much closer to the house than him making it to the river. Also concerned about all the little nooks and crannies that he could of curled up in. Could he make it that far? Possibly, but I don't think likely. I think if he's in the area it's going to be closer than that. Again, could be totally wrong, just my gut. In those conditions, with what he was wearing, at his age, hypothermia would have set in pretty quickly and slowed him down.

Why the disconnect between the mom and LE?

That confuses me.

MOO

Mel

She believes someone who was at the family's mobile home Friday night, and possibly the last one to see the child inside the home, is responsible. She was critical of what she termed the police's refusal to investigate her claim.

“We have nothing that would indicate he was abducted or taken away by someone,” Penshorn said. “We are proceeding on the idea that the child wandered off by himself.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-dim-for-missing-tot-999561.php#ixzz1DFmP4EV7

bbm....

le has gone the route of joshua wondering away and even told his parents he is probably dead, but yet they still won't classify him as abducted and work that path. police say they have no evidence of an abduction. joshua is gone and their search has been fruitless. that alone is an indicaton of an abduction. their tunnel vision and arrogance is frightening to me. I can't imagine what joshua's parents are going through.

Honestly for me I am far more concerned about water much closer to the house than him making it to the river. Also concerned about all the little nooks and crannies that he could of curled up in. Could he make it that far? Possibly, but I don't think likely. I think if he's in the area it's going to be closer than that. Again, could be totally wrong, just my gut. In those conditions, with what he was wearing, at his age, hypothermia would have set in pretty quickly and slowed him down.

Thank you SARx for your response. jmo, it seems so unlikely that an 18 month would wander beyond the steps and yard into the pitch black dark of night, with no shoes on the still wet ground, in freezing weather. Have you ever had a case or known of a case with these conditions?

Thank you SARx for your response. jmo, it seems so unlikely that an 18 month would wander beyond the steps and yard into the pitch black dark of night, with no shoes on the still wet ground, in freezing weather. Have you ever had a case or known of a case with these conditions?

Sadly, yes I have seen them wander off in conditions that I wouldn't go out in without snow gear on. I think it is very possible that he is out there, very close by. I also think you should almost always be working both situations at the same time, just in case, and I'm not seeing that. I really am pro LE, I swear, but sometimes it's just hard not to go "huh?????".

Sadly, yes I have seen them wander off in conditions that I wouldn't go out in without snow gear on. I think it is very possible that he is out there, very close by. I also think you should almost always be working both situations at the same time, just in case, and I'm not seeing that. I really am pro LE, I swear, but sometimes it's just hard not to go "huh?????".

ITA and that is why the river concerns me.....Always appreciate your experience, insight & wisdom. Now, that the TX Rangers are involved it hopefully will be the full spectrum of possibilities being investigated.

I really hope that there is a parallel investigation going on, and they just are not telling us.

how does an 18 month old go out the door and dissapear without a trace??? There has to be more to this than im seeing???JMO

Police officials also reiterated that they have checked extensively into other options, like abduction, even going so far as to check-in with sex offenders in the immediate area, all with no indication that the boy was abducted, which is why an Amber Alert has not been issued.

Police officials continue believe this is simply a tragic case of a very mobile toddler wandering out into the night and getting lost.

They also utilized some new tools, like ATV's for ground searches, and an aerial drone to search from the sky.

They also began looking at one large piece of property that they had not yet searched because the property owner wanted to be present.

Other searchers concentrated on other areas that may not have been searched as thoroughly, including dive teams being called in to search several ponds and stock tanks in that area.

http://kgnb.am/news/update-day-4-begins-search-missing-new-braunfels-toddler

Going so far?! Like they went the extra mile by doing that?! That is their JOB.

When someone goes missing you look at family, you look at friends, you look at known offenders.

Did they "go so far" as to question the last person to see Joshua? Did they "go so far" as to polygraph that person?

Did they "go so far" as to polygraph anyone else?

When my daughter went missing at 3 years old I KNEW she had wandered off. But that didn't mean someone hadn't picked her up after. Somer Thompson, Adam Walsh...what were the odds that after pouting or getting in trouble a perp would just happen upon them?

I wonder if they do NOT find him out there, what they are going to do then?

I might have missed it, but does anyone know if the crawl spaces under all those nearby homes have been checked?

I don't think the crawl spaces were mentioned by LE, I did bring it up a few pages ago...I would hope everyone in town is checking their own properties, and underneath any areas that have an opening. God forbid, even under cars before starting them up. I don't see how this child could have traveled a great distance on his own.

Also, LE is clearly, to me anyway, looking into all possibilities. They just aren't saying what they are thinking, other than that he walked away. But if they are unable to find him within the area they believe he could have walked on his own, there could be a change to a criminal investigation, we've seen it before.

Hi!

I've been checking in regularly to Joshua's thread, but haven't read every post, so please forgive me if this has been discussed.

Would an 18 mo be able to open a car door? I wonder if a cold little one that wants to go home would climb into an unlocked car/truck/van he finds, thinking about when he's out with his parents, they say it's time to go home, and they all pile into the car. Could he have sat there waiting for a ride, then either not have been able to reopen the door to get out, or having gotten more scared and cold, curled up in a ball in the floorboard, and no one's noticed him? Or, it's an unused/rarely used vehicle sitting on someone's property?

It might not be possible?? The searchers probably checked for that and hopefully neighbors have looked in all their vehicles, just in case. At least then, it'd be more likely he's ok as he'd be out of the wind? Been praying for him tons, for guardian angels to protect him, and for searchers/LE to have wisdom. Hoping for a miracle for you, Joshua.

Police officials also reiterated that they have checked extensively into other options, like abduction, even going so far as to check-in with sex offenders in the immediate area, all with no indication that the boy was abducted, which is why an Amber Alert has not been issued.

Police officials continue believe this is simply a tragic case of a very mobile toddler wandering out into the night and getting lost.

They also utilized some new tools, like ATV's for ground searches, and an aerial drone to search from the sky.

They also began looking at one large piece of property that they had not yet searched because the property owner wanted to be present.

Other searchers concentrated on other areas that may not have been searched as thoroughly, including dive teams being called in to search several ponds and stock tanks in that area.

http://kgnb.am/news/update-day-4-begins-search-missing-new-braunfels-toddler

Going so far?! Like they went the extra mile by doing that?! That is their JOB.

When someone goes missing you look at family, you look at friends, you look at known offenders.

Did they "go so far" as to question the last person to see Joshua? Did they "go so far" as to polygraph that person?

Did they "go so far" as to polygraph anyone else?

When my daughter went missing at 3 years old I KNEW she had wandered off. But that didn't mean someone hadn't picked her up after. Somer Thompson, Adam Walsh...what were the odds that after pouting or getting in trouble a perp would just happen upon them?

I wonder if they do NOT find him out there, what they are going to do then?

They will say "wait until spring" :banghead:

Can you believe the guy who when the life of an 18 month old child was at risk wouldn't allow his property to be searched until he got there 24 hours later? I would polygraph HIM.

imo

I hope all vehicles nearby were checked, inside and underneath...

Can you believe the guy who when the life of an 18 month old child was at risk wouldn't allow his property to be searched until he got there 24 hours later? I would polygraph HIM.

imo

He OBVIOUSLY had SOMETHING to hide. If it where me, I would tell them to search anything and everything! Break windows if you have to. Although, since he wasn't around, I don't see him involved in this case, but maybe he needed to hide something else MOO.

imo
I dont understand not allowing your property to be searched for 24 hours when a toddler is missing. That gives me a sick feeling. Not saying they have anything to hide but what if by some miracle, he is alive and on that property. I know its a long shot but I wouldnt give up. As a citizen, I would probably risk arrest for trespassing and search it.

I wonder if LE has interviewed friends and family who were said to have been in the home or those said to have left the home around the time that Joshua is alleged to have wandered off. I would be real interested in hearing from someone other than mom & dad, that Joshua was even in the house that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie