TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday 9 p.m. update: Search for Joshua continues

<snip>

Conversely, as the hours went by, official concerns grew that the child met with foul play of some sort, the chief said.

"If we don't find him in the area where we've been searching, then obviously something else happened to him ... At this point, we don't have witnesses or suspects," he said.

These two ideas formed the basis for parallel investigations - one with officers stripping away mobile home skirting in hopes of locating little Joshua and a darker one, with investigators reviewing hours worth of interviews and looking for the clues a criminal might leave.

A ground-search expert from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children came to New Braunfels on Sunday in an effort to pinpoint key search areas that might have been overlooked.

"The FBI is flying investigators who specialize in missing children and they should be joining us tomorrow," Wibert said.

more here

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_ab34cc8c-332f-11e0-a386-001cc4c002e0.html

Love the way the mother had this little boy dressed in each of his photos. He was obviously very much loved.

Praying for Joshua and the family.

Oh my gosh, he's precious. Poor little guy. Something just doesn't sound right with this story. I'm so scared for this sweet baby. :praying:

Oh my gosh, he's precious. Poor little guy. Something just doesn't sound right with this story. I'm so scared for this sweet baby. :praying:

I am too-it's just not sounding good-not good at all. Poor little man.

How does a baby disapear? The door even it was faulty and it could come open.. most mobile homes sit high and there would be a porch and/or steps that a person/child would have to get off of also to get to the ground. The ground was still frozen to some extent and would be difficult to walk and not to slip.. all this for a child.. get out of a door, down to ground level, walk away. A toddler of 18 months still is not that great at being able to balance and walk through ice and snow on ground.

My kids at 18 months.. yes they could walk.. but even if going in a store and they wanted to walk it required an adult leading them and helping them walk steady and guided.

I would like to know if every single person in that home has taken a poly?

I am glad to hear that LE has been doing a parallel investigation. But now, any way you look, it's not looking good for this little guy. :(

Also, I don't think it's fair to be questioning the validity of the story based on how long it took them to call 911. He'd been gone 20 minutes, and everyone says, "Yeah right!" But if they would have waited an hour, people would be saying, "OMG! Why did they wait so long?!?" I understand questioning how things happened, but really? Now if it was 28 days it would be a different story... :)

http://www.ksat.com/news/26783062/detail.html

The boy's mother, Sabrina Benitez, does not believe her son wandered away from the home and believes someone currently has the child.

"I know he's still alive," Benitez said. "I don't think this is a recovery because I still believe he's alive. "

I haven't heard the friend's name, but tonite on NG, Joshua's mom said it was dad's friend.

And KSAT has article about the polys - the grandfather "Joshua's parents, two other adults have been asked to submit to polygraphs. Penshorn refused to comment on this, saying he did not want to reveal too many details about the investigation."

http://www.ksat.com/news/26777491/detail.html

Don't recall reading/hearing where LE has searched every home in the area.

He said officers also went door-to-door in the neighborhood. “We’ve made contact with every single homeowner in that entire area.”
http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_8d3e2aa6-31a0-11e0-8e42-001cc4c03286.html

They have made contact by knocking on doors and talking to the homeowners but I believe the only houses they have searched is the mobile home and the RSO that across the street.

Sex offender across the street is not a suspect, but his home has been searched.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_27b09820-3166-11e0-a076-001cc4c002e0.html

I hope (just for a change) that all of Joshua's loved ones stepped forward to be poly'ed or whatever LE needs to rule them out and help find this baby!

I'm so tired of looking at every parent with a missing child as a criminal, because that's who seems to make the news! Not all parents are child abusers - let's hope we found a pair who aren't!! Amen.

This baby has been walking for 10 months or more. So he was running around, not just barely learning to walk.

There was icy steps he had to navigate to get out.

I don't have a hard time believing he could walk out of the trailer by himself...

It is when you add in the icy steps... him being willing to tolerate the cold with no shoes... not slipping and hurting himself... not becoming uncomfortable because of his asthma... none of the above causing him to stop walking and start crying quickly.

They said the "Family members" - Grandfather, parents and two other adults had been asked to take polygraphs. Hopefully that is incorrect and the 2 others does include the friend that left just before he was reported missing.

There was 7 adults in the house that night, so no... not every adult in the house that night has been polygraphed as far as what we know. We've only heard of 5 being asked.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26777491/detail.html

Davis said in addition to him and Joshua's parents, two other adults have been asked to submit to polygraphs.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26783062/detail.html

Family members, friends and neighbors have all been questioned by police, and family members were also given polygraph tests.

How does a baby disapear? The door even it was faulty and it could come open.. most mobile homes sit high and there would be a porch and/or steps that a person/child would have to get off of also to get to the ground. The ground was still frozen to some extent and would be difficult to walk and not to slip.. all this for a child.. get out of a door, down to ground level, walk away. A toddler of 18 months still is not that great at being able to balance and walk through ice and snow on ground.

My kids at 18 months.. yes they could walk.. but even if going in a store and they wanted to walk it required an adult leading them and helping them walk steady and guided.

I would like to know if every single person in that home has taken a poly?

I don't think a poly is going to rule anyone out. It may highlight inconsistencies. It may help LE know what direction to go next.

I thought it was strange that the mom thought the friend that left took him. I mean, would one of your friends leave with your child and not tell you?

eta
I suspected him, but I don't know him at all. Would you let someone like that in your house in the first place? Someone that you thought would take your son and not tell you?

I hope they get cell phone records for all these people too. Assuming they have cell phones of course.

If he got outside on his own or by someone leaving and the door not latching - how did he close the door behind himself? If it were that cold out, the open door should have tipped everyone in the house off to a problem!!

I thought it was strange that the mom thought the friend that left took him. I mean, would one of your friends leave with your child and not tell you?

eta
I suspected him, but I don't know him at all. Would you let someone like that in your house in the first place? Someone that you thought would take your son and not tell you?

No way, Noway.

:innocent:

Beautiful baby Joshua...

snipped for space,
OMgosh. He is more precious in each picture. He and his mom look so alike and look so happy. I pray he's found but after watching NG, I'm doubtful. :(

eta

This is the thing that sticks out== Why would you think somebody at your house would walk out with your child and not tell you? What were the adults doing there that you would be able to even entertain the idea that somebody there walked out with your child?

This is the thing that sticks out== Why would you think somebody at your house would walk out with your child and not tell you? What were the adults doing there that you would be able to even entertain the idea that somebody there walked out with your child?

I would like to know WHY she feels this way. I would like to believe she wouldn't let a freaky, suspected pedo into her home, but maybe it's something other than that? Like someone who just loved him so much and wanted him for their own?

I would also like to know when she made her feelings about this known to LE. Was it immediately or some time after Josh went missing?

its possible she was thinking along the lines that if that person took her son it would mean he was probably okay. if they found that person they would find him. a mother's hope perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname