TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

Next, to clarify the facts:

The Transmission Shop in Arlington

We know by old papers ads there were 3 ATS (A's transmission shops)
One in FW, but except the adress, we know nothing about it. In 2007 it' WAS just a wasteland.
Lets' leave it aside because on WS, it's all about Arlington:

"F...... A.....'s account of being 18 miles away in east Arlington" (FW_Cat)

"When interviewed by police, Rachel's mother served as verification that Rachel's husband was at the shop in Arlington on December 23rd." (raven9860)

"They were at the Arlington shop. TT knows nothing of a 2nd shop. He has said that CA was at the shop that day doing office work and answering TT's questions all day." (kettlecorn)

"RA gives the west division address [Arlington ed.] when asked where the shop was" (Pricklykitty)

As you know, there are two different adresses. They weren't used at the same time because... there's one on each insert ad and the phone number is the same for both. Open hours were from 8 to 6.

The question is: Where did TT work?

The answer is not so simple, because there are actually 3 addresses in Arlington. :)

The Taylor Street address still exists, and there's still a Transmission Shop there. Here's what it looked like in 2007. It's a safe bet that the fence and gate were the same in 1974 !

This is the address with the words "N. and West Division" on the ad text.

But...

Last edited:
For the other address in Arlington (on the other ad), it's a little more subtle.
In addition to the ad seen on WS, there's an "open database" for corporations on the Internet.

-The address in the database: 801-A Abram Street (it sounds like "the number at rear of the 801)
- Ad address: 144 South Collins Bldg 801-A

Very close, but not the same address. In anycase, these are alleyways with businesses and/or storage.

Surprisingly, the database gives the Abram Street address as incorporated on June 20, 1974. This to the 21 March 1977. Trading name (A's Transmission,inc) until 1977-03-21.
It is indicated "Addition of officer T.T.,agent" 1974-06-20 - 2019-12-02

Amazing !

I agree it used to be horrible how victims of assault were treated (especially by LE and the courts). But in this case, the hospital that examined the girls concluded there was no evidence. The only reason I can think of for the hospital to falsify this, would be if the accused was someone important and they were trying to avoid scandal. Which, quite frankly is also a possibility in the case of the Trio. jmo

We know mistakes have been made in the past regarding gender, but what about dentals? Were they misread also? Because dentals were available for the Trio, and weren't a match to these bones (according to JS). If there's any doubt whatsoever, I'd love to see them retested.
Is there a thread for these remains on here? Just looking online I can't seem to find what remains are being refered to.

Is there a thread for these remains on here? Just looking online I can't seem to find what remains are being refered to.
On thread #5 (of this forum), page 8, post #146 starts the discussion of the remains found (with newspaper articles). Thanks to inaccuracies, it gets confusing, but--
There were three sets of remains found near Alvin in April 1976, which were ruled out, but which have never been identified. With the advances in DNA analysis, they should be retested, as they could be the Trio. jmo

Last edited:
On thread #5 (of this forum), page 8, post #146 starts the discussion of the remains found (with newspaper articles). Thanks to inaccuracies, it gets confusing, but--
There were three sets of remains found near Alvin in April 1976, which were ruled out, but which have never been identified. With the advances in DNA analysis, they should be retested, as they could be the Trio. jmo
Correcting myself-- the remains weren't actually "ruled out". Per the newspaper article ("Tests on skeletal remains found at Alvin inconclusive"--The Brazosport Facts, 7/11/76), there were insufficient remains available to conclusively determine whether they belonged to the Trio. Further searches to find additional remains were being planned, weather permitting.
To my knowledge, there were no further searches, and that was the end of it.

Last edited:
Correcting myself-- the remains weren't actually "ruled out". Per the newspaper article ("Tests on skeletal remains found at Alvin inconclusive"--The Brazosport Facts, 7/11/76), there were insufficient remains available to conclusively determine whether they belonged to the Trio. Further searches to find additional remains were being planned, weather permitting.

Is Alvin in the "Texas Killing Fields" area ? Although, I think more than one person is probably responsible for all the bodies found in that region.

It is crazy that no one has come forward to claim or even (to the best of my knowledge) enquire about these three skeletal remains. I would love to know who tipped Joe Swaim off about searching this and other areas.

Last edited:
It is crazy that no one has come forward to claim or even (to the best of my knowledge) enquire about these three skeletal remains.
RSBM
Yes it is. Especially with all the attention some of these cases get.
I would love to know who tipped Joe Swaim off about searching this and other areas.
So would I. He definitely knew people on both sides of the law. I truly believe he knew more about this case than he let on, but was unable or unwilling to pursue it, because of who was involved.
All just my opinion.

The car

Since we know where the car was parked and, I suppose, mall shoppers in Fort Worth like everywhere else in the world, try to park as close to the stores as possible (in the early days of Seminary South some parked in the inner aisles) can't we determine the car's arrival time based on parking space occupancy?

Just an idea...

By the way we have all noted that the indication that the car is in the upper parking lot of Sears is completely useless. If your daughter or wife says she's going to the mall and isn't back yet, just wait to find the car!
There are few, if any, cars in such a parking lot at night.

(img from FW_Cat)

Attachments

• CaptureFortWorth10B.JPG
    CaptureFortWorth10B.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 6
The car
By the way we have all noted that the indication that the car is in the upper parking lot of Sears is completely useless.
RSBM
It must have meant something to someone, at least the author intended it to, imo. Whether or not they succeeded is another matter....
If your daughter or wife says she's going to the mall and isn't back yet, just wait to find the car!
There are few, if any, cars in such a parking lot at night.

(img from FW_Cat)
IIRC, the mall closed at 11:00 pm (holiday hours). So I wonder how full the parking lot would've been at around 8:30 pm (which is when it was allegedly spotted), and if that did, in fact, make it easier to locate. However, it's also possible the car wasn't actually there until shortly before it was found. jmo

Last edited:
A basic mechanic would have had the reflex to see if the engine was still warm. This was the case when Agatha Christie disappeared in 1926.

Things would have been different, however, if the car had been elsewhere. Closer, it could have occupied the freed up space; further away, the driver could have been spotted. I bet the car was parked right behind the others.

I've questioned why the car being found at the mall was so important. Important enough to risk sending a letter about it. If someone wanted to make it look like the girls ran away, it might make more sense they left in the car, or at least left the car at a bus station or something indicating they had taken transport out of town.

My feelings at the minute are that the car being at the mall was a way to stop anyone looking in other directions. The girls were supposed to be shopping according to everyone, and thats exactly what the car being found at the mall pointed towards. If the car hadn't been found then maybe the initial searches would have gone in a different direction, and my guess is certain people didn't want looking at.
Whoever wrote that letter ( I don't believe it was Rachel personally) managed, in a very sloppy letter, to put the girls at the mall, prove it with the car, and insinuate they left freely and would return.
Even after the car being found the night before, the letter still carried weight as it insinuated it was the girls who left it there rather than someone else.
Infact, for those who believe the letter came from inside the house and not the mail, it cleared up any concerns of who left the car where it was found.
Im undecided on when the car was left at the mall and by whom.

I've questioned why the car being found at the mall was so important. Important enough to risk sending a letter about it. If someone wanted to make it look like the girls ran away, it might make more sense they left in the car, or at least left the car at a bus station or something indicating they had taken transport out of town.

My feelings at the minute are that the car being at the mall was a way to stop anyone looking in other directions. The girls were supposed to be shopping according to everyone, and thats exactly what the car being found at the mall pointed towards. If the car hadn't been found then maybe the initial searches would have gone in a different direction, and my guess is certain people didn't want looking at.
Whoever wrote that letter ( I don't believe it was Rachel personally) managed, in a very sloppy letter, to put the girls at the mall, prove it with the car, and insinuate they left freely and would return.
RSBM
Sooo, maybe we should assume the opposite actually happened. That the girls were never at the mall, and whatever became of them, was done against their will. IMO, the "other directions" would have to be somewhere close by, to warrant going to so much trouble to misdirect (and in that timeframe).

The only physical proof there can be are the photos taken at the photo booth in the Mall, if they are real.
IIRC, there were security cameras in use at Sears during that time (to crack down on shoplifting during the holiday season), but I've never heard mention of them in regards to this case. I think the FBI's involvement in this case consisted of handwriting analysis (the letter/envelope), and administering/interpreting polygraphs. I could be mistaken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back