TX TX - Kathy Brownfield Goad, 20, Fort Worth, 11 Nov 1982

Well, my first post.. Just out of curiosity I decided to look at this since no one had replied.

The synopsis..

Apparently, her and her husband moved from Bowling Green, Kentucky to Fort Worth, Texas. It was her husband that located her car at Dallas Fort Worth Airport, and was originally the prime suspect. It also appears Fort Worth LE did very little and most of the legwork of the case was done by a Kentucky, detective. They had recently purchased a car, and the salesman at the dealership had made sexual advances towards her. The husband took a polygraph and passed. The salesman had a history of this behavior and was terminated. When he was interviewed by the detective he had agreed to take a polygraph, and later declined. The salesman had been given a demo car the day before she disappeared, and then later traded his demo with another employee. There were hairs that were found in the trunk that matched the victim, however the texas prosecutor wouldn't prosecute without a body. They suspect the body was dumped in a lake..

The full article can be read here
Daily News - Google News Archive Search and continues on page 21..
I feel like the suspect should have at least been charged with kidnapping if there were victim hairs found in the trunk.

I feel like the suspect should have at least been charged with kidnapping if there were victim hairs found in the trunk.
I those days, hairs potentially tied to a victim, could not be linked conclusively. It was only much later, relatively recently, that DNA science has allowed this to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back