GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

While I was in the State Guard, I was under the thumb of a colonel who was, in my opinion, supporting Eric Williams, promoted him, provided a State Guard lawyer to defend him in his theft trial, had State Guard officers testify for him, ordered, I believe, the Sergeant Major to provide a storage building for Williams' guns and crime cars, provided a police officer who was also an officer of his regiment to apply for the job as Police Chief of Kaufman and to act as an information source for Williams' defense. While this colonel was there he was rude to me when I pointed out criminals in the Guard, who I discovered through a cursory examination of of the internet. After the Williams conviction that colonel was moved and replaced. The criminal I pointed out was removed from the Guard and I have received two high service awards from the General in command of the Guard, even though I retired from the Guard three years ago. I believe, (I know), that higher headquarters read my remarks on this board. In the end justice prevailed, but there needs to be a reform of the Guard.

Appeal filed for man sent to death row for Kaufman Co. DA killings
Eric Lyle Williams, a former Kaufman County justice of the peace who now sits on Texas’ death row, has had an appeal filed on his sentence in the trial of the 2013 murder of Cynthia McLelland.

(...)

Attorneys for Williams are asking for him to be taken off of death row and instead given a life sentence without parole. In the appeal, Williams’ lawyers raise 40 issues involving the guilt/innocence trial, punishment trial, and instructions given to the jury. The trial was held in neighboring Rockwall County in 2014.

One of those complaints is about the inclusion of Mark Hasse’s death during the trial over the death of Cynthia McLelland.

Williams had filed a motion for a new trial in January 2015 after being convicted, but that motion was denied.
http://www.kltv.com/story/31879124/appeal-filed-for-man-sent-to-death-row-for-kaufman-co-da-killings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back