Found Deceased TX - Kyle Rugg, 20, Livingston, 4 March 2015

Did Kyle and Mike (the roommate) take Kyle’s silver 2003 Hyundai Elantra to Lake Livingston, or did they take another vehicle?

Mike took his own car, and Kyle arrived with the two hispanic guys in their car. Yellowish tan two door

I imagine that Kyle had to have contacted these two guys somehow that is traceable, right? Like, I doubt that he just met them on a street corner and asked them to give him a ride and go fishing with him. Surely they exchanged phone numbers or FB in order to meet up. Wonder why LE hasn't traced that yet?

We want to find Kyle Rugg. We also need to find that car. Hmm.

Thanks, Lucky7 for the recap.

Everything is still confusing. It's hard to believe the roommate doesn't have any other information than they are hispanic and one might be named Josh. (A hispanic man named Josh? Hmm.)

And why was he going all the way back to Katy to "pick up his car"? Pick up his car for what? To go where? To come right back to the fishing spot? That seems unlikely, but maybe. It's about a 2 hour drive.

I was able to get news coverage on Fox 26 for Kyle's family (Isiah Carey w/Fox 26 is my neighbor). His segment will air on the 5:00 news (so, now). I really hope this will stir up some leads!!!

So a few new things came out of that.

The relationship with Mike is a little confusing - it doesn't sound like they were roommates in the sense that they both paid rent and had their names on a lease - it sounds like Kyle was living at Mike's apartment for a brief period of time. It sounds like he was a little rootless - worked sometimes, had plans for the future to go to welding school, etc. Kind of a floater.

The second thing is they apparently left because the weather got bad. Mike wanted to stay, but the pleasant day of fishing was over for the others.

Wasn't there something recent on Kyle's facebook page to indicate he had a recent heartbreak?

I know Mike is saying that Kyle and the other two guys didn't go into the park because they didn't want to pay, but have they asked for Mike's receipt or something to pin down what time he entered the park? Are there cameras at the park entrance or exit? Has anyone come forward to say they remember seeing Kyle and/or the other two guys in the same area? No cameras at the apartment complex?

I'm extremely surprised that there's no camera footage at the apartment complex showing Kyle's car being driven out of the gate. Most gated apartment complexes have cameras. It seems a bit unbelievable that his friend would've decided to stick around the lake fishing if the weather had gotten crappy, and by himself? I don't know, the time line of the day given by him just seems to be missing some details IMO. The family is being advised to keep additional information on lockdown at this point. It seems that they're relying on a decent reward to entice some snitching. I really hope that works!

I agree about the issue of the gated community. Is it always locked, with a key code required to enter? If so, whoever got his car had to know the code - or ask someone who gave it to them.

I'm beginning to sense that there are a lot of avenues still to be explored that no one looking for him has thought of.

I've seen a lot of apartment complexes that have the gates open during the day, so they may not have had to put the code in. But no cameras? Ugh.....I get the sense that his family has explored all of the proper avenues, but they're staying very very tight lipped as directed by law enforcement. I'm hoping maybe there are some leads that they aren't making public.

I know Mike is saying that Kyle and the other two guys didn't go into the park because they didn't want to pay, but have they asked for Mike's receipt or something to pin down what time he entered the park? Are there cameras at the park entrance or exit? Has anyone come forward to say they remember seeing Kyle and/or the other two guys in the same area? No cameras at the apartment complex?

Did they say in the video that Mike entered the park after Kyle and the guys left? I can't get it to load for me.

Also - when I heard that they left because the weather was bad I got a little hopeful that maybe it was an innocent road accident... then I remembered that someone moved Kyle's car from the apartment that evening. Ugh.

i
I agree about the issue of the gated community. Is it always locked, with a key code required to enter? If so, whoever got his car had to know the code - or ask someone who gave it to them.

I'm beginning to sense that there are a lot of avenues still to be explored that no one looking for him has thought of.

It has been my experience that it is very easy to get into gated apartment complexes in this area without a code or a remote. Simply follow someone going in or coming out. But I would find it very hard to believe there is no camera, unless it was not working at the time in question.

Is it normal that there haven't been ANY coordinated searches yet?? No searches done by Equusearch or Law Enforcement......It's been at least 15 days since the last sighting of him (not sure if friend "Mike" was def with him or not on the 4th).....

I'm sure there's a lot being done that's below the radar, but I still continue to feel like there is SO MUCH information out there that hasn't been looked at.

If he met these two guys at a party recently, whose party was it? Who ARE these two guys? If they were at a party together, even if they kind of crashed the party, I would bet there are photos of them somewhere on someone's phone.

If they were going fishing together, and leaving from Katy to get to Lake Livingston together it seems there MUST be cell phone contact of some kind - surely they didn't just make the plans at the party and then never contact each other again about plans to go to the lake.

This seems fairly solvable, and I'm surprised the family has immediately decided that Kyle didn't take his car on his own and leave. That seems to make the most sense.

It's not like he has a long history of stability.

I must assume that there is a lot of information that just isn't being made public, hopefully that's a good sign.

I must assume that there is a lot of information that just isn't being made public, hopefully that's a good sign.

Definitely - I hope that they're doing some real work behind the scenes and not overlooking Kyle's case because of his past. :(

I created a map with locations of interest marked. What's the best way to share it on here? (I'm still new to WebSleuths ....)

If it is a gmap you should be able to get a share link somehow, and then you can just post it here!

Thanks for doing that. :)

I get the impression that 99.9% of the focus is on raising money for the reward fund at this point. There's no posts whatsoever anymore on the Facebook page discussing his possible whereabouts etc. There are also zero posts announcing and/or discussing organized search efforts, which we see frequently on many pages set up in this situations. I'm trying to think of reasons for this...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back