TX - League City - Audrey Lee Cook and Donna Prudhomme, in "killing field", 1986/1991

Even her hair waves the same - I think these two are very similar.

It does and the gap in the teeth seems to be off center on both. Of course it is hard to judge from pictures but she looks like a close match to me if not a match.

Here's a comparison. Peggy disappeared in 1981 at age 18. Jane Doe located in 1986 estimated age around 25.

35UFTX.jpg

35UFTX1.jpg

Jane Doe

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/35uftx.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/4477

Peggy Sue Houser was identified through DNA as a Jane Doe found in Tampa, FL in 1982.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...en-identified-as-homicide-victim-1285459.html

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/miami/30-year-old-missing-case-now-solved

I guess that puts us back to square one! lol

So glad Peggy Sue Houser's sister now knows the truth and was able to bury her sister next to her mother. Such a sad story and so long in waiting to know. If only they knew who murdered her.

Yep, back to square one. I'm relieved for Peggy Sue's family, too, but sometimes I wonder if Calder Rd Jane and Janet Doe will ever be ID'd. I wish we knew more about the lead Peggy's case from 2002. The tipster claimed to be the brother of the perp, who died in a car accident in the Carolinas. If the guy was being truthful, he must've known at least a few details. I wonder if his story checked out.

It's good to see you posting in here again, Jeannie. :)

Updated 2:26 PM Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Interesting. November 16 2011 was the same day we were discussing her.

And the last day anyone posted on this thread until the first of March.
She didn't match our Jane Doe, but she matched the one in Florida.

Hi there, Mr. :+:TT:+:. Wow, I didn't notice that. What an eerie coincidence,

I moved to League City in 86 as a 12 year old little girl. We lived on Hwy 3 close to Link Rd now 96. I guess because of all that had happened we were taught to remain aware ( I personally know the girl who was abducted by the Laura Smithers suspect...lovely lovely woman) I to this day am always reading anything I fan hoping one day they will solve these sad sad cases.

Okay I been looking for a long time, hours of research!

I believe jane looks a lot like Janice pockette, look at Janice Pickett's age progressed photos and the photos of when she was 7. She disappeared from Connecticut. She had to have been kept alive for YEARS. She has the gap in her frount teeth. What do you guys think? She would have been 22 years old when she died.

I believe Janet looks like Lisa white. Just look at the photos. I believe the two does are kids from Connecticut, Lisa. Would have been 30 at her time of death.

They look a lot similar to eachother too,
Sorry I can't post the pics, I don't have time.

Let me know what you guys think!

I think both Jane and Janet Doe were likely transients involved in either the drug culture, prostitution, or both. I am just basing this on what I have seen in my job field. Addicts disappear all the time, so much so that their families stop reporting them missing. They think they just ran off on a binge or completely chose drugs over their families. It is horribly tragic, but it happens repeatedly in cities across the country.

How can you report someone missing if you don't know they are missing?

I wonder if their abductor socked them in the abdomen to end pregnancy ala Ariel Castro. An ealier poster said QUOTE:
But what I find interesting is both showed signs of "OLD HEALED FRACTURES"of the ribs

Shared this with a forensic anthropologist that I have been speaking with, got this response:

"I think the facial approximation has consistencies with the photo. But I don’t put a lot of stock in the approximations. They are meant to provide a gestalt recognition in someone who actually knows the person. They hardly ever really look like the person when you compare them."

Just left the killing fields. Very quiet, extra spooky. Snapped a couple photos. Didn't get to see Laura's cross though :(

I have a question, if both Jane and Janet Doe were found in galveston county why is the nueces county medical examiner handling the cases? (Listed on namus, and the case manager is located in OK..?) nueces is somewhere around Corpus Christi... Seems odd that a county a few hundred miles away is handling the cases?

I don't have an answer, just a guess that some older cases were shifted to Nueces to balance the workload (a condition of the ME's raise a few years ago, perhaps). LOL Or, Jane and Janet were grouped with a set of similar cases in Nueces. Or, a pathologist in Nueces has a particular interest in working cases like Jane and Janet. In other words, I'm sure there's a good reason. I know Nueces hasn't always had Jane and Janet. And fwiw, Jennifer Love is still listed on the Doe Network as an investigator on Janet Doe's case. As for the OK area code, it might be a cell phone.

I never knew the far reaching territory of the "killing fields" until I saw a couple of the TV shows/movies on the subject. I thought it was isolated to the fields at the end of Calder Rd. I grew up on Butler Rd. and spent most of my younger years in the late 80s in these fields at the end of Calder. It still freaks me out a little to think we may have run across this killer/killers when we were kids running around like idiots out there.

I found this photo online. This is the area we rode our dirt bikes/motorcycles as kids literally 3-4 days a week...
You see that square of dirt right in the middle of the bottom 1/3 of the pic...that was our "track" to race each other on. We rode to that "track" from our home on Butler Rd. (top left corner of this pic) through the oil derek site, retention pond areas, and all through the "killing fields" from about 1985 thru 1990 (maybe 1991...can't remember).

kf_calder.jpg

'Killing Fields' victims' DNA to be extracted, may help lead to their identities
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
At the League City Police Department, a decades-old oversight is now corrected.
"Our fault, but we rectified that by having the bones taken to North Texas. DNA is going to be extracted. The girls are going to be fed into CODIS," League City Det. Morton Grant said.
The DNA from the two never-identified murder victims from the notorious League City "Killing Fields" will soon be entered into a national database, and investigators hope they will soon be identified.
"It just gives us a whole other area to investigate who the girls are, where they're from, who they're around," Grant said.

video & more at link, including the text of a comment from Tim Miller.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back