Found Deceased TX - Leah Martin, 22, Graham, 29 May 2015 *Arrests*

The mailbox across the street? The black one? It looks like 5658. A lot of times in rural areas, the mailboxes are all on the same side of the street, even if it means across the street from the residence. If that's the correct address, it's owned by someone who lives in the far Northwest panhandle of Texas, according to http://www.youngcad.org. Initials FS.

Thanks. I guess I didn't back the camera far enough for the blur to go away. If you search for property taxes for the mailing address of the Graham property, it says the owner is an investment company but the property is just a house out in the suburbs.

Yeah, that's it. It's confusing because the view of the houses in the media photo's doesn't match the Google street view. I think the media must have pulled down a side road and got a shot from a different angle, that's why it appears different.

I marked it all on the map and revised the numbers. It's about 11 miles from the city limits of Graham. Also, in the news video they said that the residence is currently abandoned. Only a local would know that.

Here's the revised map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kS9n-zYFkhHc&usp=sharing

Latest video and news report.

http://www.texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/body-found-graham

Threatening calls from a blocked number? They need that info post haste.

This is also weird:

Martin, 22, didn’t show up for her shift Saturday at EC’s Auto Repair in Graham and was reported missing by her father, Billy Martin, Saturday evening. Her Chevrolet truck was found at the shop, and Martin is listed in the Texas Department of Public Safety’s database for missing persons as an “involuntary” case. The DPS listing also states that her wallet, phone and keys to the vehicle were not located.

She didn't show up for her shift on Saturday, but her truck was there. No one who works there was alerted ALL DAY and never thought to call around or report it? So much hinky my head's spinning!!!

Wait WHAT? Her car was at her work when she was supposed to be there working, but she was not there... yet no one there noticed or they noticed and did nothing? WHAT? Was her car literally parked on the property? Or within obvious eye-shot?
ETA: Please forgive me. Im still catching up

According to the grandparents of missing Graford woman Leah Martin, she had been receiving anonymous threatening phone calls and they feel her search should be treated as a criminal investigation.

Martin, who has a 2-year-old daughter, attended the Graham High School graduation ceremony the evening of Friday, May 29, and was last heard from via a telephone call that evening around 9 p.m.

The threatening calls Martin received came from an unknown number, Shaffer said.

“She had been getting some anonymous threats,” Shaffer said. “Threats from calls, numbers that had been blocked.”

Martin, 22, didn’t show up for her shift Saturday at EC’s Auto Repair in Graham and was reported missing by her father, Billy Martin, Saturday evening. Her Chevrolet truck was found at the shop, and Martin is listed in the Texas Department of Public Safety’s database for missing persons as an “involuntary” case. The DPS listing also states that her wallet, phone and keys to the vehicle were not located.

The family members said they feel like GPD is treating Martin’s case as though she ran away, aren’t following up on tips they have forwarded to the agency, such as the threatening calls, and haven’t been communicating with the family.

You can read more about the family's frustration with LE in this article.

http://www.grahamleader.com/ci_2828...received-threatening-calls?source=most_viewed

Law enforcement never seems to listen to the families until after the fact. Now they have clammed up and won't say one way or the other if it is her or not. It's starting to seem a little cruel........or incompetent.

Comments on The Graham Leader Facebook page that indicate the body of missing Graford woman Leah Martin has been located have not been verified by any investigative agency.
Law enforcement officials with the Graham Police Department, the Young County Sheriff’s Office, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers congregated at a residence 19 miles west of Graham on FM 209 and appear to be conducting an investigation of the property.
At 2 p.m., DPS Public Information Officer Tony Fulton could not confirm or deny that the police activity is related to the investigation into Martin's disappearance. Attempts to reach Fulton after 2 p.m. have been unsuccessful. An attempt to reach Graham Police Department Chief Tony Widner was unsuccessful.
YCSO Chief Deputy Jim Budarf declined to comment on the police activity on FM 209 at this time.

Local Newspaper Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/grahamleader

The mailing address of the owner of 5658 FM 209 shows a sex offender lives at that mailing address and has the same last name as the owner of the FM 209 property.

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TX06921580/Jonathan-Shawn-Stewart.html

Marvelous. I watched the video on MSM earlier this morning and they said the home being searched was abandoned. I assumed that meant it had been empty for awhile. Now however, I'm thinking maybe it was abandoned shortly after May 29th, the last time anyone saw Leah.

I did a little bit more digging and found that FS is JS's mother who passed away in 2011. Young county lists her as the owner of the Graham property and her mailing address as the Dalhart address. Taxes are all up to date so someone has continued to pay them in her name. I'm guessing that the property was abandoned in 2011 after she passed away.

They're stalling for a reason. Even cops in a tiny Texas town know about dental records.

I'm sure Leah's family is more than willing to offer them any kind of help in the verification process that may be needed. They may be stalling the press in order to hunt down the person they believe is responsible.

If they feign ignorance, it may keep the perp from going into a panic and fleeing down Interstate 20 on the way to Mexico.

Browsed through Young county court records to see if I could find anything about the auto shop. I didn't find anything about it but I did find a DV charge for Leah from late 2014. This could possibly explain why Leah and the baby's dad are separated and trying to reconcile, and why there might be tension between some of the family.

Does this sound like a dispute over parental rights? She worked for his family's company, even after they split up. What on earth could she need so bad that she would go to her place of work at 10:00pm to get it rather than waiting until she got to work the next day?

It has been a long time since I was 22 and I have never been under the kind of stress she suffered. What would you go out at 10:00pm to an empty car repair shop to get at that age? Paycheck?

Lipstick. No.

Did someone ask her to go pick up something they needed - "tonight!"?

Was this a set up? A crime of opportunity? A stalker?

Where did the dogs lead? Did I miss that part?

I live here in the Graham/Graford area and know Leah's family. Her family is gathered in Graham right now waiting to see who the remains belong to. Candice Sheilds family is also waiting so please everyone pray for both families because this is horrible for both of them. God be with everyone.

Oh, sad, sad, sad. I pray for her family. There is no good news coming.

Erica Curtis, cousin of missing Graford woman Leah Martin, said Friday afternoon that members of the Martin family and close family friends have gathered at Graham’s Gateway Inn to be together while they wait for officials to release the identity of human remains found west of Graham on Wednesday.
Michelle Quillin, whose daughter Candice Shields has been missing from Graham for almost four years, said she is waiting by the phone for updates, as well.
A report in this weekend’s Graham Leader examines how both families feel as the wait for news regarding the human remains discovered off FM 209, about 10 miles west of Graham. Check out the print edition of The Leader for the full story and stick with us online for information as it unfolds.

Latest from the local newspaper, along with some pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/grahamleader

How long does this poor family have to wait for news on the body????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot
Back