Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

Found it in "Josh's Story"....

"She sang in a band for fun and belted vocals with a raw power that belied her petite frame."

02:40

Her Voice
Leanne Bearden sings 'At Last'

Josh's Story:

It was the alleged suicide of Rebecca Zahau that brought me to WS. I'm still not ready to accept Leanne's tragedy as told.

Thanks so much for finding Leanne singing. This was a heartbreaker of a case. I don’t think even Josh can make sense of her suicide, although he tries mightily to piece together what she must have been feeling. She didn’t let him know how bad it was. Her tragedy can’t really be told because no one fully knows IMO.

"The one thing I want to shed light on, Leanne... You see, Leanne, she's got this smiling face. I think a lot of people had a lot of difficulty believing what she did. And I wouldn't be surprised if there were still some people out there who are doubting what she did, because Leanne was such a beacon of light, but you know what, Leanne was the face of depression," Josh said.

Josh's Story:

Leanne's case was the hardest one for me on WS. I think of her every time someone says this about someone else who may have committed suicide, "but, she'd never commit suicide. She has friends and children and was planning a trip and did the laundry that morning and just bought groceries and just got her hair done and her sister and her were best friends..."

We just never know what's in someone else's mind. And there is no pattern. Real life is not black and white. It's just not.

Leanne, you touched so many people. The ripples of your suicide launched discussions everywhere about so many things. Beautiful Leanne...

For all interested, Josh is happily remarried to a close friend of Leanne, and a rock for Josh from the very start. She too was widowed while still a newlywed, and also like Leanne, is an accomplished, beautiful, high energy, disciplined, stable, professional woman who is adored by many. On social media, she’s public about her married status to Josh. I don’t believe it appropriate to say more than that here, so please don’t ask.

I’ve never posted about Leanne publicly or on WS, and my feelings and questions are not intended to be an accusation of any kind. I will say there remains much frustration for our friends due to the intense media attention the story received. The same media attention that one hopes will be helpful in a desperate situation, can sometimes showcase people, and things about people that you’d rather not know, or see confirmed – and especially not with such a massive following. I believe I’ll always have criticism of LE and SAR, as I’ve worked closely with both (although not in Texas): From beginning to end there seemed to be a collection of holes, missteps, and odd nuances. Only to appear to be swept up neatly and rather quickly by local LE. There are still facts unknown, and I only hope that someday more details of this case are made available to the public.

Perhaps one day I can share more, but I'm very grateful to all that were touched by Leanne's light. Thank you.

For all interested, Josh is happily remarried to a close friend of Leanne, and a rock for Josh from the very start. She too was widowed while still a newlywed, and also like Leanne, is an accomplished, beautiful, high energy, disciplined, stable, professional woman who is adored by many. On social media, she’s public about her married status to Josh. I don’t believe it appropriate to say more than that here, so please don’t ask.

I’ve never posted about Leanne publicly or on WS, and my feelings and questions are not intended to be an accusation of any kind. I will say there remains much frustration for our friends due to the intense media attention the story received. The same media attention that one hopes will be helpful in a desperate situation, can sometimes showcase people, and things about people that you’d rather not know, or see confirmed – and especially not with such a massive following. I believe I’ll always have criticism of LE and SAR, as I’ve worked closely with both (although not in Texas): From beginning to end there seemed to be a collection of holes, missteps, and odd nuances. Only to appear to be swept up neatly and rather quickly by local LE. There are still facts unknown, and I only hope that someday more details of this case are made available to the public.

Perhaps one day I can share more, but I'm very grateful to all that were touched by Leanne's light. Thank you.

I know this post is a few years old, but something reminded me of Leanne today and I came here and read this post. Glad Josh has found a way to move on in happiness. I hope one day to know the rest of the story. I have always thought questions remained, at least in my mind. Thank you for sharing your update.

It just goes to show that people behave quite differently when on camera that they wish to share with friends and strangers, then off camera. Usually, there are ups and downs, but we only see the ups as strangers. The new case reminded me a lot of Leanne insofar as being "always on".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back