TX - LEO officer & bystander dead, 4 injured in College Station shootout, 13 Aug 2012

Song......there are armed defense forces everywhere in Israel.

And you can legally obtain a gun there, you need to pass a psych test..........

And I bet when Israeli's live in isolated parts......they have guns.

Texas does have very laxed gun laws.

I am a firm believer in a waiting period to buy guns.

But, in this case, I don't think it would have mattered. He had those guns for over a year from what I read on FB.

I don't think he had a MI medical history. Not that I've read yet. So, that would not have prevented him from buying a gun. Again, in this case, this would not have mattered.

I did read he had NO criminal history besides an arrest for an expired or suspended drivers license. Again, in this case, that would not have prevented a gun purchase.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say, is even though Texas has laxed gun laws, this man would have been able to purchase a gun even with very strict laws.

-no criminal history
-no documented mental history
-did't run out and buy the gun, he had it over a year

Fact is, this man just "snapped" it seems.

Gun laws are not the problem here IMO.
People who snap and kill or injure others will do it no matter the laws.

JMO

You can't report someone for nothing! I have a family member who I believe is dangerous. Most of the rest of the family (in-laws) are such enablers. They just think I'm crazy because I refuse to be near this person or let my children around him. I swear he is a sociopath. It is so surreal that all of us ladies who married into the family cannot stand him but his blood relatives think he's just a little irresponsible and needs to 'grow up' and someone should 'help him'. He is 30! Who do you report someone to? LE would just think you are nuts or have a grudge until the person gets caught committing a crime.

From what I've read about this guy, people felt that he was going to hurt or kill them. If you're a danger to yourself or others, they can at least put you on a 72 hour hold (that's how it was in FL, anyway). Someone with firearms, who is threatening you in some way should absolutely be reported to authorities. Would being pro-active have saved lives here? Maybe, maybe not. I'd rather take the risk of LE thinking I'm paranoid than not saying anything and have something tragic happen. IMO, though. :moo:

From what I've read about this guy, people felt that he was going to hurt or kill them. If you're a danger to yourself or others, they can at least put you on a 72 hour hold (that's how it was in FL, anyway). Someone with firearms, who is threatening you in some way should absolutely be reported to authorities. Would being pro-active have saved lives here? Maybe, maybe not. I'd rather take the risk of LE thinking I'm paranoid than not saying anything and have something tragic happen. IMO, though. :moo:

People are seldom put in jail for making threats - and never if the threats are undocumented. It is he said/she said. All they have to do is deny & claim you are the liar. Then they really have it out for you and you are in more danger than you were in the first place.
In this case, the guy who was speaking about the perp was the step-parent. People never believe the step-parent in particular. Hind-sight is 20/20.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back