Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Im leaning that way too, sadly.

Have we had any confirmation about if TM was her “boyfriend” when he moved in?

I think we need to start a nonprofit to provide free background checks for potential dates/boyfriends of single mothers. Way too many horrific crimes perpetrated by boyfriends of single mothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I could see a startup taking this on

Actually I could see a startup taking this on

Well, I literally do not date because I am too scared to let someone into my world that will harm my child. I'm not sure most people would know what to look for. We need a whole sleuther team that can dig up the dirt. We are so much better than a background check lol!!! And even being able to dig, I am always nervous to be his first official victim. Sadly, I think those of us who are concerned look for signs. Thise who want to ignore signs or blatant information do. But I do love the idea! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MOO [emoji202]

1) Don't get cross-wise with Williamson County.

2) Colton Turner is looming in the rear-view mirror.

My take.

Williamson County is ruthless is pursuing criminals. My husband always gets very nervous about even going 1 mile over the speed limit when we cross into Williamson County from Bell County(my husband is far from a criminal but we've seen many people arrested on the side of 35 going to Round Rock.

I try really hard not to judge other parents, as I feel most of us have the same common goals for our children, no matter our parenting style. However, if any grown man claimed to be friends with my daughter, he would absolutely not be moving into my house. Unless there is another sort of relationship between the two (family, stepdad, teacher, coach, etc) no grown man should have a "friendship" with a 14 year old. JMO

TB posted a throwback pic on 5/29, it is of her and the boyfriend when they were 15 and 17..just really stood out to me. So much has gone on since then and he is still around. .

Not sure if this one has been posted
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...mate-death-kidnaps-children-article-1.3739890
Man blames 'crazy Mexicans' for roommate's death, kidnaps her children

A Texas man accused of kidnapping his roommate's children is maintaining his decision to flee with the young girls.

According to court documents obtained by the Houston Chronicle, Terrance Allen Miles claims he took the two children and ran because he feared "crazy Mexicans" were coming for them.

Miles linked the unidentified "Mexicans" to the killing of the girls' mother, Tonya Ellen Bates, whom he shared a home with

The outlet reported that he appeared to be driving Bates' car and had been stocking up on sleeping bags, tarps and ropes.

Shortly after he was spotted at the store, Miles is believed to have sent a text to his mother from Bates' 14-year-old's phone.

"Mom I left with the kids and came home to something bad I think Tonyas boyfriend," it read, according to the Houston Chronicle.

"I cant talk now tonya was involved in some bad stuff I will talk to you later when im safe these guys are crazy Mexicans."

Not sure if this one has been posted
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...mate-death-kidnaps-children-article-1.3739890
Man blames 'crazy Mexicans' for roommate's death, kidnaps her children

A Texas man accused of kidnapping his roommate's children is maintaining his decision to flee with the young girls.

According to court documents obtained by the Houston Chronicle, Terrance Allen Miles claims he took the two children and ran because he feared "crazy Mexicans" were coming for them.

Miles linked the unidentified "Mexicans" to the killing of the girls' mother, Tonya Ellen Bates, whom he shared a home with

The outlet reported that he appeared to be driving Bates' car and had been stocking up on sleeping bags, tarps and ropes.

Shortly after he was spotted at the store, Miles is believed to have sent a text to his mother from Bates' 14-year-old's phone.

"Mom I left with the kids and came home to something bad I think Tonyas boyfriend," it read, according to the Houston Chronicle.

"I cant talk now tonya was involved in some bad stuff I will talk to you later when im safe these guys are crazy Mexicans."
He's really not too bright. If he really wanted to divert attention from himself, blaming "crazy Mexicans" is the stupidest route to go. I'm surprised he didn't just try to pin it on the ex boyfriend, which might have been more believable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A petition filed Thursday by the state agency said, “There is an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the children and/or one or more of the children have been the victims of kidnapping and possible abuse, possibly witnessed the death of their mother, and placement with relatives at this time without thorough background checks and knowledge of protective parenting would be contrary to the children’s welfare.”

SNIPPED

The father of the 7-year-old girl, Leonardo Bandera-Margret, is reported to be homeless and could not be located, the petition said.
The father of the 14-year-old girl, Greg Griffith of Louisiana, told a state investigator Thursday that he wanted to have both girls live with him, according to the petition. It said that “more information is needed as to his relationship with Mr. Miles and his knowledge of any relationship between the children and Mr. Miles.”

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/cri...xas-cps-official-says/i8ZaT89P01bunvLJdAU33J/

There's a photo of their duplex at this link. I tried to add it, but for some reason it isn't working. I'm surprised the neighbor heard nothing, but they might not have been at home.

I believe this is the floorplan of that particular duplex style: http://www.rockspringsduplexes.com/floorplans/lydia/

It looks like tight quarters and just depends on the wall between A & B units as to how much the neighbors could hear. I can't imagine those poor girls having to share space with that monster. The more I learn about this case, the sadder I am for them. I hope they can be placed in good, loving homes.

These girls need to be placed with a licensed mental health professional mom who has hugging arms and strong shoulders. These girls are going to have so much damage to be undone and so much that they learned was ok that will need to be unlearned. And 14 is not a good age to try to enforce those changes. I am a Counselor and I am not sure I am even equipped to raise them. My thoughts are so with these girls and the person who chooses to raise them. Please let cps make a wise and permanent decision for the mental health of these girls.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have been following along from the beginning on this case, and I agree with you so much. I pray that they can find a suitable, stable foster or adoptive family for them, as I'd hate for them to be passed around from home to home. My heart just breaks for the situation they find themselves in.

He's really not too bright. If he really wanted to divert attention from himself, blaming "crazy Mexicans" is the stupidest route to go. I'm surprised he didn't just try to pin it on the ex boyfriend, which might have been more believable.

Maybe his mama is racist and doesn't like Mexicans. You know he has been manipulating her all of his life. Dunno.

Maybe his mama is racist and doesn't like Mexicans. You know he has been manipulating her all of his life. Dunno.
More than likely it just came into his head because of Texas' proximity to Mexico and the general weird public claims by a "leader" that Mexicans are rapists and ****s.

More than likely it just came into his head because of Texas' proximity to Mexico and the general weird public claims by a "leader" that Mexicans are rapists and ****s.

Knee-jerk political diversion just in case he got caught and the text went public?

Maybe, but when half the people in your community/ city/ state are mentally-sound Latino that message gets diffused a bit.

Well, I had a post started and my computer acted up...but in short I suspect CPS is involved also because Tonya was likely in breach of orders in Texas. In short, whether married or not, if there's a child born outside marriage (or obviously if later divorced) there will be orders in Texas around conservatorship, custody and visitation schedule, provision of insurance, child support, other rights and responsibilities, etc.... There is standard boilerplate language in every one (and I don't know where Lili was born, but it appears Lulu was in Texas) around providing notice to the other conservator within 40 days of beginning cohabitation with anyone convicted of or presently accused of a crime that would require them to register as a sex offender. He was still a suspect in the rape of a 13-14 year old in Louisiana and I'm under the impression he was/is, in fact, charged and the case was ongoing? Can anyone verify this (I'm sure it's in previous posts, I've just got to scoot this morning).

I'll come back later and put in the exact language (again - ugh, computers!!).

Photo
22f355c32888732b5011ef9c16753bb4.jpg

Sorry I’m playing catch-up and realize the parental rights termination was already brought up - apologies! I really really hope Lili wasn’t in on some of this...sitting on my hands until more comes out. Regardless she is a child and a victim of this horrible man.

Original: In the article highlights it also states that the state is looking to terminate the parental rights of both fathers. IMO, this is the best thing possible for the girls. Lulu’s dad is homeless per the article, and I think that lilli’s dad knew far too much and did far too little.

Well, I know we're not to victim-blame. But who lets their daughter's boyfriend move in? Particularly when he's your same age and 30 years older than her?
Agreed. This whole situation is sad. I would have freaked in the summer when the creep was all over her. I would have kicked him out right then and there. Red flags everywhere

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Williamson County is ruthless is pursuing criminals. My husband always gets very nervous about even going 1 mile over the speed limit when we cross into Williamson County from Bell County(my husband is far from a criminal but we've seen many people arrested on the side of 35 going to Round Rock.

OT but since you brought it up, Wiliamson County has a rich history of corruption. This was the county that wrongly prosecuted and imprisoned Michael Morton for 25 years and more recently wrongly convicted Gregg Kelley. The political ties are deep. Just today, this in the news: http://kxan.com/2018/01/05/deputies-investigating-after-noose-found-on-congressional-campaign-sign/

Yeah, Im leaning that way too, sadly.

Have we had any confirmation about if TM was her “boyfriend” when he moved in?

I think we need to start a nonprofit to provide free background checks for potential dates/boyfriends of single mothers. Way too many horrific crimes perpetrated by boyfriends of single mothers.

Right? Exactly why I just don't date...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads