TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the FBI Dive Team out there for a lead makes it seem like they thought it was a pretty credible lead, IMO
Not to mention the fact that the DC area got smacked with anywhere from 4- 12 inches of snow in our first winter storm yesteday. (We got 11.5 in Alexandria). So if they flew out yesterday in that storm or today, it was important. In my humble opinion.

Please join me if you choose, in praying for the SAR team. Finding a child is particularly traumatizing. Bless them for their difficult, and heart wrenching service to the community

amateur opinion and speculation

Thought I saw Lina's dad on live cam.
TV confirmed that he is there.

Investigators have been looking at this area since last week
They were asking local businesses for camera feeds etc
They will be back in the morning

do we know whether there are volunteer searchers here? I was under the impression it was only police and FBI in this particular area, and there's crime tape.
If there's something serious going on here, I kind of doubt there would be civilians searching.
To be clear, nearly all SAR in Texas including TEXSAR are professionally trained volunteers. That said, my post was in response to OP's question about the red and white school bus moved from the parking lot and possible use. Also confirming SA News 4 (with live video feed of the same bus) made several references to volunteer searchers out in force today. See link below.

Perhaps bus used to transport volunteer ground search crews. Reports are the teams started early AM at Medical Center, Church, and roadway all within 2 miles of the apartment complex.

ETA: link update

1/4/22

Another search is underway Tuesday morning in the Medical Center area. It is a smaller turnout than we’ve seen in the past, which isn’t surprising since were no longer in a winter break.

Kids are back at school people are back to work but still we are seeing people show up for the first time looking to volunteer, looking to help.

The search team started at Grace Baptist Church on Bluemel Drive, where about two dozen volunteers are being split into two groups to start looking in different areas in the Medical Center, which have not yet been searched by the San Antonio Police Department.

Once again, they will be looking through wooded areas, apartment complexes, dumpsters, pretty much anywhere and everywhere they can get access to.

[..]

Police, FBI dive teams search wooded area, following lead on missing Lina Khil

Texas Search and Rescue

Last edited:

[URL='https://twitter.com/Chief_McManus']Chief Bill McManus@Chief_McManus
[/URL]

Below is an update on the Department and the FBI’s joint investigation into the whereabouts of Lina Sardar Khil. While I wish I had more hopeful information to share, we continue to chase down any and all leads. 1/2

The FBI deployed its Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team from Washington D.C. this morning to assist in fully investigating a lead. We have not spared any resource or given up hope in finding Lina. 2/2

3:13 PM · Jan 4, 2022· PT

See video at Tweet

Thanks all for the updates guys; I was away until a little while ago and saw pages of messages. I thought for sure LE had found Lina but it appears that so far they haven't. :(

But I agree with y'all that this latest search wasn't just another look see in the area. The question is what drew LE to the area and what compelled them to hold a press conference. Maybe they are trying to control the situation and not let rumors run rampant. I dunno though, it does feel different.

"McManus added that so far none of the leads have led law enforcement getting closer to finding the 3-year-old. McManus said the dive team has special technology to help in these types of underwater searches. Police and FBI have searched that area before but McManus said they haven't searched the water. Lina's family is aware of the underwater search."

FBI dive team joins search for missing Lina Khil

Thanks all for the updates guys; I was away until a little while ago and saw pages of messages. I thought for sure LE had found Lina but it appears that so far they haven't. :(

But I agree with y'all that this latest search wasn't just another look see in the area. The question is what drew LE to the area and what compelled them to hold a press conference. Maybe they are trying to control the situation and not let rumors run rampant. I dunno though, it does feel different.

The FBI deployed its Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team from Washington D.C. this morning to assist in fully investigating a lead. We have not spared any resource or given up hope in finding Lina. 2/2

BBM
All we know is they are investigating a lead.

Last edited:

I think the reason he called the very brief PC is because the news media in San Antonio started putting this out as breaking news, and he really had to answer in some way as the attention and anticipation grew. The reporters from several news outlets were standing there, taking live video at the location and broadcasting it in tweets.

I still think it would have been better to have quickly put out a typed Press Release, and not make the public wait an hour to hear there had been nothing found yet.

BBM
All we know is they are investigating a lead.
Thanks, @Psychic Sleuth! So it could have been something as simple as a person calling the tip line and saying "Search in this area" or as as complicated as someone claiming to have seen, heard or found something LE deemed important.

This is so very sad.
The investigation has led the FBI's underwater search and evidence response team to an area not previously searched, according to San Antonio Police Chief William McManus.

"We don't want to leave anything to chance," McManus told reporters during a press briefing Tuesday evening at the scene of the search. "Everything that we get that has any kind of potential at all, we follow it up. And that's what we're doing here today."

The area is located near the family's apartment complex, according to ABC San Antonio affiliate KSAT.

The chief said he couldn't provide any additional information on what led detectives to the area, but noted the search will continue Tuesday until it gets dark, and pick up again Wednesday.​
FBI dive team involved as search for 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters 3rd week

Read the Kayla Gomez case. I don't think she disappeared out of thin air. It makes zero sense. A stranger abduction in an apartment complex - near a playground, it's happened another time. Gary Dale Cox, in the same area, but when NOBODY else was around. The victim was older though at 9. I believe this child is closer to 6 and without knowing the layout it's hard to tell. The victim, taken in 2000 was stolen at gunpoint. This latest victim I'm assuming went with someone. A stranger abduction is very, very rare. Someone within the area would make more sense. They'd have to be in the exact place at the exact moment and know the area pretty well, and family dynamics. If she's been around other families - this sounds like someone has been around them they should be looking at. I have a strong gut feeling there's someone close to them involved.

Another stranger abduction at an apartment complex near a playground is the Camille “Cupcake” McKinney case. Sadly, those are the exact vibes I got the second I read about little Lina and nothing has changed my mind since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173