TX TX - Lisa Eubanks, 17, Texarkana, 15 Jan 1999

Wow, that old websleuths page for her is very informative. I wonder if this black guy named John, whom two posters seem to think is the most likely suspect, was a drug dealer or drug buddy of Lisa's? My first instinct abt this case was runaway, but it seems like she very well could have been assaulted and murdered

Okay, so I located this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/adopted/index2.html

Which you may be able to tell from the URL is not, like, necessarily highly vetted information. It's a site for people trying to find lost loved ones or their birth families following an adoption. However, someone claiming to be Lisa's sister (Lana) posted the following there in 1999:

Lisa Ann Eubanks 4 20 81 dark brown hair with red highlights 5'10" 120-130lbs she was last seen at her home in Texarkana Texas around 1am took no clothes with her with believe she was coming back because of this fact we know she had on bell bottom jeans that had designs on them and a hat that looks like Dr.Suess's it was green we also know that drugs are involved and we now believe that foul play is the reason for her disappearance if she had run away she would have at least take clothes and a toothbrush she has also never ran away before if you have any information leading to her whereabouts please notify the Bowie County Sheriff's Dept @903 6286815 or 911

That certainly leans in favor of the drug involvement theory if this actually came from the sister.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14543

Also, reaaallly weird conversation on Facebook, it looks like Lisa's sister (only remaining relative) did not respond positively to someone re-posting Lisa's missing persons poster.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...76219888.94198.179690112056469&type=1&theater

I want to thank everyone here for their hard work. Someone posted about Lisa yesterday on the FB page Still Seek Answers & I run called Never Forget Me. Thankful I took the time to look her up; the last thing we want is her sister getting upset with us for sharing her info. Will keep her in mind for another day; SSA is going to contact her sister for permission. We have to remember that we're not in their shoes; they have so little left of their sibling that they may not want to share.

From what I read this morning; I have no clue why they think she ran away. She didn't take a purse. Sounds like she jumped in the car thinking she'd be right back. Hope they are able to find her remains to bring her home

This is the case that haunts me.

I didn't know lisa. She was younger than me. Although I did not know her I remember seeing her at school and a couple parties. She was really tall and thin. Stood out you know?

I think the police dropped the ball at the beginning by listing her as a runaway. The fliers now say endagered missing. If they had instead investigated her missing as foul play maybe they would have found her and brought someone to justice.

I don't know that it's related, but a story a girl told me a couple years before resonated with me when I saw lisa was missing. Some guys that were a little older had taken her to go "party" and forced her to drink until she was alcohol poisoned. They had gang raped her before dumping her at her house. I think they had done it to other girls in the area as well.

For years I have felt that maybe the same thing had happened with lisa and she expired when they did this /to her. Its just a feeling in the pit of my gut without any evidence. The girl I knew who had been raped was not believed by her parents and I dont think it got reported. I haven't seen her in over 10 years now, but I imagine she has moved on with her life. I have never broken her confidence and shared her story.

A few years ago a Texas ranger had made it sound like some progress had been made in the case but stated something about her body no longer able to be recovered. I don't know exactly what that meant, but they must have some knowledge of what happened and where she ended up.

The last person known to be with her used to have his name posted online. I think that person is either responsible or knows who is for what ever happened to her. After so long she must be deceased and no one has ever been charged. I'm sure the case is inactive and no one has looked at it in years. Its heartbreaking. She deserves justice.

Thanks for posting. I hope you’re right that the Rangers have an idea of what may have happened to her — I hope having some knowledge might help her family find some peace, at least.

Given the references to drugs/partying and her age, etc, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to learn that played SOME role in her disappearance. Hopefully she didn’t endure what your friend did, but it’s never hard to find stories about young women who end up very hurt or even killed by someone(s) involved in that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back