TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one of the closer-ups where her nose really looks shifted to the side.

I cannot seem to find anything other than 2 group photos. Can you direct me to the closer-up photo (or the search parameters you used to get there?) Thanks!

What about Donna Jokumsen? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1961/79/

Missing from Chandler, AZ. Presumed dead, but don't we all hope that these women escaped DV and had a happy life?

Hair Brown vs. Brown
Eyes hazel (UID) vs. Brown (Donna)
height is same

I can't find a picture of Donna to compare to UID - I supposed that might be the easiest rule-out.

HTH

I cannot seem to find anything other than 2 group photos. Can you direct me to the closer-up photo (or the search parameters you used to get there?) Thanks!

I can't even find the two group photos. Or her business name. If you can't post that in a public forum, would you message it to me?

What about Donna Jokumsen? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1961/79/

Missing from Chandler, AZ. Presumed dead, but don't we all hope that these women escaped DV and had a happy life?

Hair Brown vs. Brown
Eyes hazel (UID) vs. Brown (Donna)
height is same

I can't find a picture of Donna to compare to UID - I supposed that might be the easiest rule-out.

HTH

This is a news article about Donna Jokumsen's disappearance.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=m2ELAAAAIBAJ&sjid=l1IDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3135,1633831&dq=jokumsen
I can't seem to find any photos of her or Gayla Barnes online.

This is a news article about Donna Jokumsen's disappearance.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=m2ELAAAAIBAJ&sjid=l1IDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3135,1633831&dq=jokumsen
I can't seem to find any photos of her or Gayla Barnes online.

After seeing the pics and reading LR's obit, I don't think she's Gayla Barnes. Her family said she was starting to show signs of mental illness when she left. She went missing in 1990, and we know that LR had assumed her identity as early as 1987.

So I am assuming they get the eye color from the missing person's driver license. When I went to the DMV I put down "green". The worker looked at my eyes and said "No, girl, that is hazel." and put down "Hazel". I do not have hazel eyes, but I was young and not sure what to say. When I moved to another state, they wanted to put down brown.

I guess what I am trying to say is that eye color is in some case arbitrary. FWIW

Question: hair color? Can a coroner figure out what original hair color is? Would someone who dyed their hair brown be discovered to be blonde? Because if I was running, I would dye my hair a different shade. I am assuming they put down natural hair color??

So I am assuming they get the eye color from the missing person's driver license. When I went to the DMV I put down "green". The worker looked at my eyes and said "No, girl, that is hazel." and put down "Hazel". I do not have hazel eyes, but I was young and not sure what to say. When I moved to another state, they wanted to put down brown.

I guess what I am trying to say is that eye color is in some case arbitrary. FWIW

Question: hair color? Can a coroner figure out what original hair color is? Would someone who dyed their hair brown be discovered to be blonde? Because if I was running, I would dye my hair a different shade. I am assuming they put down natural hair color??

Hazel eyes - from Wikipedia.org (eye color)

Hazel
Hazel eyes are due to a combination of Rayleigh scattering and a moderate amount of melanin in the iris's anterior border layer.[4][28] Hazel eyes often appear to shift in color from a brown to a green. Although hazel mostly consists of brown and green, the dominant color in the eye can either be brown/gold or green. This is how many people mistake hazel eyes to be amber and vice versa.[56][57][58][59][60][61][62] This can sometimes produce a multicolored iris, i.e., an eye that is light brown/amber near the pupil and charcoal or dark green on the outer part of the iris (or vice versa) when observed in sunlight.
Definitions of the eye color hazel vary: it is sometimes considered to be synonymous with light brown or gold, as in the color of a hazelnut shell.[56][58][61][63]

(My DD has hazel eyes - brown or green depending on what she is wearing)

I think that if someone was on the run and their eye color wasn't exactly in the middle of a known color, they might attempt to change the official description of their eye color, by stating it as something else whenever they applied for documents, and only changing it if challenged. Brown would go to hazel or amber or black, blue would go to grey or green, green would go to hazel or blue etc.

I've always described mine as brown, but they really are slightly greenish and umber-ish in color too. They aren't a good solid mid-chocolate color. I'd call my eyes hazel.

And oddly- at the DMV in CA, the BMV in OH and other places I have lived, they NEVER checked my height, hair color, or, thankfully my weight :woohoo: They didn't really look at anything (the eye color thing was because I asked)- just entered in the info. So things could be a little off or a lot off with hair dye and contacts.

Now I know what hazel eyes are owing to the definition above- I don't have hazel eyes.

I wonder why the SSA-OIG is involved in the case? Did this woman appropriate someone else's social security number? Or was she involved in another type of fraud? Seems if they just wanted to find her identity for identity's sake it would be under local LE jurisdiction. Maybe not. Any ideas?

http://oig.ssa.gov/what-abuse-fraud-and-waste

I wonder why the SSA-OIG is involved in the case? Did this woman appropriate someone else's social security number? Or was she involved in another type of fraud? Seems if they just wanted to find her identity for identity's sake it would be under local LE jurisdiction. Maybe not. Any ideas?

http://oig.ssa.gov/what-abuse-fraud-and-waste

It might have come up if family applied for survivor benefits. JMO

I am new to this post but have been reading from the start. Could they have received her eye color, height, etc.. information from an autopsy? Also not sure about this town, but where I live suicides and murders always make the paper, and especially something with this type of twist. Does anyone have access to archives of the newspapers from this area?

grapes21 - I've tried looking around a little bit in both Longview and in the town where LR lived and have come up with nothing. I've looked up LR's last known address, too, in hopes of finding a transport call or some kind of record and got nothing but real estate stuff.

My little theory is that the brother in law of the deceased is an attorney (and probably a big fish in a small Texas pond) who managed to help keep this out of the local papers.

I called Harrisonburg Police Dept. this morning and asked if they could give us information regarding Kelly Bergh Dove's height and eye color.

The person I talked to said that they would look the case up and give me a call with the information.

Ok...I talked to the Captain this morning regarding Kelly Dove. He didn't know how how tall she was, and wanted to know why I was wanting to find out. So I told him about our UID in Texas, and gave him her NAMUS #. So we'll see what happens.

Wow, this case is just odd. Judging by the orbit this LR made a whole new life for herself. It just seems odd to me that after all those years she decided to commit suicide in 2010. Could her past have started to catch up with her? I do with that they would have released a newer pic of her.

The woman in the obituary used the same birthday (but one year apart) as a missing girl. The girl in question was tall for her age (44" at age 5 - putting her beyond the 95th percentile) but did not IMO resemble the deceased.

However, if the woman's identity was false - is it possible that we have another Sharon Marshall situation here, i.e., that the ID she assumed was not one of her own choosing, or even one that she did not know was false? (This would be easily disprovable, e.g., did the deceased ever graduate from high school in that name, etc.?)

The missing girl, like the deceased (based on questionable mylife.com info) has a background in California.

Are we to assume that her place of birth and date are made up or do you think there is some truth to that? She attended and graduated college. She needed High School records to get in. I just wonder where she got those from. This is kind of strange and scary.

I found 2 pictures through google using that name and her company. Height appears correct (she is much taller than most other people in the photos). Nose appears straight now. When I blow up the picture in word, and use word wrap and square tools, the image overlaps nicely over the UID image.
So thank you for finding that obit. I think you are on to something here.

And if you use peoplefinders.com, you can see the other last name (K) she used prior to the married name. (assuming we have the right person).

Fin, I think I found the same two pictures and agree that the image does line up nicely. I also noticed the (K) name used.

The only thing that seems off is that NamUs says that the picture was taken in 1990, that would mean she was only 21 when it was taken. I think there is probably a mistake in the NamUs information, and the picture was probably taken just a few years before she died.

If she was born in 1969, it means she moved to Texas when she was 18 and graduated college when she was 28. While not highly unusual for people to finish college at 28, it could be an indication of something "missing" in her background information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther