TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
/maybe she killed herself because she thought she was about to get busted?
There was a divorce in progress at that time. It can get nasty, and exposure of a false identity could have affected custody. It is speculation, and of the two people who could clarify that point, one is deceased and one is silent. It would not reveal her identity anyway.

It's so sad that she had no blood relatives listed in the obituary. Where her parents' nsmes woyld be, it just reads "Dallas". What could she have done at such a young age that she had to assume a new identity? What did her husband and inlaws think? I wonder if any attempt was made to find her family when she died. Maybe that's how they learned about the phony ID. I'm thinking since she claimed to be from Arizona, that must be at least close to the truth. She couldn't pass that off if she were from the northeast, for example. I scanned many of the yearbook pages for a picture that matched, but my eyes tired pretty quickly. It's difficult to navigate on my laptop. I've found so many addresses for her in Texas. Now I'm trying to link the addresses to other people, but I haven't had much luck. She had the LEK ID for quite a few years. She certainly could have been married and divorced prior to the last marriage. No one's life is that isolated.

I've seen obituaries where all the decedent's close relatives must have predeceased them, but normally it will list survivors as "several nieces and nephews", or "several cousins", or even "survived by her best friend who was like a sister". I've never seen one that was left completely blank. I wonder what story she told her husband and in-laws about her family or why she had no relatives or prior friends in her life.
How much jail time can you get for stealing the identity of a deceased child? It's illegal but she probably never drew any benefits under the SS# that was issued to her under a false name. She may have obtained credit under that number though.

Wait wait wait.I am even more confused.
So the Jane Doe committed suicide the same day at the same motel as another woman?
The Jane Doe may have been kidnapped by her mother who went missing too?
This couldn't have been written by Stephen King.
How did she kill herself?

I read on this thread I think somewhere that she shot herself in her not yet ex husbands driveway... on Christmas eve I believe... or close to Christmas

Wait wait wait.I am even more confused.
So the Jane Doe committed suicide the same day at the same motel as another woman?
The Jane Doe may have been kidnapped by her mother who went missing too?
This couldn't have been written by Stephen King.
How did she kill herself?

The 2 cases are not related. The other woman is not unidentified.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

In this age of social media, its crazy that someone can go unrecognised. :-(

In this age of social media, its crazy that someone can go unrecognised. :-(

We have to remember a few things: 1) our Doe probably went missing as a young adult and probably cut ties with family. 2) Family probably never reported her missing and if they are looking for her, she has a different name 3) it would have been very easy for people that knew her to miss coverage of this case and lastly 4) there are a ton of MP out there, a ton of UIDs out there and it IS "crazy that someone can go unrecogonised" but sadly, true.

I get what you are saying, I had friends recently find me that i knew when i was 6 and i am in my 40s. This woman has a child who has to grow up not only finding out that her mother committed suicide but she wasn't even who she said she was. To me, it doesn't matter what this woman did or didn't do, if she ran away from something bad etc, its the the sadness i have for her child that makes me wish with all my heart we could find answers. My son lost his dad when he was young and i have put family history together for him so he doesn't have to spend life wondering....

Her NamUs file was updated a few days ago. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

Now showing this picture:

note in file says: Photo added at the request of (JV) Special Agent in Charge

Fingerprint card updated. Complete mitochondrial DNA profile and complete STR profile uploaded to NDIS.

Identification potential upgraded to medium-high.

She looks different in that picture, maybe it is the thinner face and her nose seems straighter.

Looks like there might be some progress of some sort! (Fingers crossed). That is a newly added photo, but it looks like another drivers license or passport photo to me. She seems to be sporting her older style haircut and look younger. I wonder if it her previous drivers license picture ( before she had to renew it for the oldest(age wise) looking one??

I am happy to see that the DNA was done. I have looked all over for her... And not much to show for that. I do have some other marriages/divorces that I need to follow up on for FLEK. I do not remember if we went over all these already ( it's been a while)

I have on my notes to find the maiden name of L who married RK in 1984 and divorced in 1987. The birth dates on this and another marriage have her born 1967, so I am keeping an open mind on her birthday.

Going to reread the thread and follow up soon, thanks for the update!

Her NamUs file was updated a few days ago. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

Now showing this picture:

note in file says: Photo added at the request of (JV) Special Agent in Charge

Fingerprint card updated. Complete mitochondrial DNA profile and complete STR profile uploaded to NDIS.

Identification potential upgraded to medium-high.

She looks so happy in that picture :(

Yes she does look genuinely happy in that picture. I wonder what happened in this poor woman's life to have it turn out the way it did.

what about Deborah Hohenshilt, tall... disappeared February 1988... there was a violent struggle... maybe kidnapped by violent ex who broke her nose? Tall, age fits, and she resembles LEK, big eyes, dark hair, etc... I can't remember what month FLEK got her fake id/dl http://doenetwork.org/cases/358dffl.html

the 2 older photos her hair also looks like it has quite a bit of natural curl... may have been blown out in the photo where she is older, you can see the curls around the hair near her forehead and temples... I would keep my eyes open for curly haired missing girls, teens, ladies

I wonder where that photo came from. It does not look DMV. Maybe an ID card for a job of some sort? Or school ID?
In any case, she does look young. I would say no older than mid 20s? Very pretty. Maybe this new photo will help identify her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX