TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I submitted Mary Louise Day over a month ago.

This was my reply from: MClark@ci.seaside

Hope this helps. To be honest the reply totally confused me. It was from MClark from Seaside, Ca where Mary Day's case is being investigated but if you read the answer it suddenly appears to be from a different person. I thought the UID was being investigated in Texas not Ca.

Wow, this confuses me as well. If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like the SSN that Longview Doe was using was that of a juvenile in Oregon? If that's the case, then how does that match up with the Ancestry record (which I have also reviewed...) of a SSN issued in TX in 1988? It can't be that we're wrong with the name of our Doe, but could it be that the TX issued SSN was for another TX resident of the same name? Texas is a big state...

And the partial SSN from New Jersey? I don't know how a *partial* SSN could factor in to things. I've never needed to use just six or seven numbers of my SSN to apply for anything, so this has me puzzled.

Thanks for the info regarding Mary Day, JeannieC! I'm not sure that Clark's reply rules her out in my mind, for several reasons. First of all, he may not recognize the picture of Mary as an adult - that doesn't mean it's not her. Secondly, 1959 isn't a definitive birthdate, as was mentioned. In fact, we don't know when Longview Doe was born, only an estimation. IMO (given the fact she gave birth for the first time around 2008) I would put her DOB around 1963 or later.

And the partial SSN from New Jersey? I don't know how a *partial* SSN could factor in to things. I've never needed to use just six or seven numbers of my SSN to apply for anything, so this has me puzzled.

I'm asked for the last 4 digits quite often, and it's mainly to confirm who I am. When I call the doctor's office regarding my children, for example.

I'm asked for the last 4 digits quite often, and it's mainly to confirm who I am. When I call the doctor's office regarding my children, for example.

Sure, and I am as well - the last four digits to confirm a number already on file. A partial from NJ not related to the full from Oregon is confusing to me, because they're unrelated and yet one is complete and one isn't. Maybe I'm not understanding, but it doesn't seem to me like one was part of the other.

Also, it would be very difficult to determine where the last four of a SSN was issued. From what I understand, the first 3 to 5 digits indicate the date and place of origin of the number, which is why the last four are almost inconsequential and used as a PIN of sorts - like you mentioned.

The age progression of Susan Renee Smalley resembles the Longview woman.http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/102dftx.html
SSmalley1.jpg

1988 disappearance in Dallas fits timeline of the other woman's appearance. But that makes no sense how she could live in the same area with her new name and not be noticed. Height/weight is close. Susan was noted for her intelligence, so maybe bright enough to have had a nose job.

The age progression of Susan Renee Smalley resembles the Longview woman.http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/102dftx.html
SSmalley1.jpg

1988 disappearance in Dallas fits timeline of the other woman's appearance. But that makes no sense how she could live in the same area with her new name and not be noticed. Height/weight is close. Susan was noted for her intelligence, so maybe bright enough to have had a nose job.

That is an interesting suggestion. But what happened to her friend? For Susan to be Longview Doe, not only would she have to disappear on short notice, but her friend would have had to as well. I suppose we could imagine that there was some accident that night and Stacie died- Susan hid the body and fled rather than report the accident? IDK, it seems unlikely but anything is possible.

SSmalley1.jpg

Some parts of this match up, and I agree that the age progression is similar. Some people have remarked that Longview Doe's nose has a distinct shape that could indicate it had been broken and/or operated on.

The troubling thing is the height. I'm about the same height as Susan Smalley, and I could never be mistaken for the same height that our Longview Doe had. She's about four inches taller, and Susan disappeared at 18, so most (if not all) of her growing was done. Mine was at that age.

Also, the circumstances are off as deca mentioned. It doesn't appear that Susan and her companion ran away, so there would have to be a crazy set of events leading to Susan assuming a new identity in the same basic area she lived in. Possible, of course. Anything is possible, right?

Some parts of this match up, and I agree that the age progression is similar. Some people have remarked that Longview Doe's nose has a distinct shape that could indicate it had been broken and/or operated on.

The troubling thing is the height. I'm about the same height as Susan Smalley, and I could never be mistaken for the same height that our Longview Doe had. She's about four inches taller, and Susan disappeared at 18, so most (if not all) of her growing was done. Mine was at that age.

Also, the circumstances are off as deca mentioned. It doesn't appear that Susan and her companion ran away, so there would have to be a crazy set of events leading to Susan assuming a new identity in the same basic area she lived in. Possible, of course. Anything is possible, right?

I compared 68 inches on Susan to 70 inches, estimated, on the Longview woman. But I recall the pictures. I missed if it was corrected to 72 and yes 4 inches is a bit much but 2 isn't.

I compared 68 inches on Susan to 70 inches, estimated, on the Longview woman. But I recall the pictures. I missed if it was corrected to 72 and yes 4 inches is a bit much but 2 isn't.

I believe you are correct. My apologies, for some reason I had it in my head that Longview Doe was six foot, not five ten. In the pictures I've seen of her with other women she seems to tower over them, but without a reference to how tall those other women are I suppose that someone who is five ten could appear to dwarf someone who is five five.

Two inches is certainly reasonable, as Longview's height is noted as estimated and Susan's height could have been off by a bit. A lot of people round up for driver's licenses or are just plain old mistaken about their height. I mentioned that I was five eight myself - at a health fair for work about a year ago I was measured at barely five seven. I thought I must be prematurely shrinking, but have since had two doctors confirm that the health fair measurement was an inch off.

I just realized by mapping Bonham to Longview (138 miles) that she probably wasn’t living in Longview at least 8 months+. Otherwise, TBW of Marshall would have been closer at 23 miles from Longview.
She was attending these meetings for at least 6 months 138 miles away.
http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=39&num=62769
meets 2 & 4th Monday at noon in Bonham.

Searching images for this group, I see her in pictures on the following dates (all from ntxe-news):
04/24/2010 Newest Members photo at banquet held
05/24/2010 Attended TBW of B event
06/15/2010 post of June 14th TBWB induct new officers & she is elected/appointed Treasurer
08/09/2010 Attended TBW of B event
10/13/2010 post of Oct 12 (Tues) meeting hosting local election candidates
12/24/2010 DOD

I may have missed that point earlier so pointing it out for others that might have, too.

I just realized by mapping Bonham to Longview (138 miles) that she probably wasn’t living in Longview at least 8 months+. Otherwise, TBW of Marshall would have been closer at 23 miles from Longview.
She was attending these meetings for at least 6 months 138 miles away.
http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=39&num=62769
meets 2 & 4th Monday at noon in Bonham.

Searching images for this group, I see her in pictures on the following dates (all from ntxe-news):
04/24/2010 Newest Members photo at banquet held
05/24/2010 Attended TBW of B event
06/15/2010 post of June 14th TBWB induct new officers & she is elected/appointed Treasurer
08/09/2010 Attended TBW of B event
10/13/2010 post of Oct 12 (Tues) meeting hosting local election candidates
12/24/2010 DOD

I may have missed that point earlier so pointing it out for others that might have, too.

You're right. I remember finding the actual city where she lived, but I can't recall where it was. I will look back and post when I find it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I submitted Mary Louise Day over a month ago.

This was my reply from: MClark@ci.seaside

Hope this helps. To be honest the reply totally confused me. It was from MClark from Seaside, Ca where Mary Day's case is being investigated but if you read the answer it suddenly appears to be from a different person. I thought the UID was being investigated in Texas not Ca.

After looking at the reply from M Clark, I started going through missing people from Oregon.

I found Christi Lynn Farni who went missing in 1978 at the age of 6. it's hard to compare a 6 year old to a 30 year old, but the coloring is right.

Here is her Charlie case http://charleyproject.org/cases/f/farni_christie.html

What caught my eye was that she had family in Arizona, and authorities think she could have been hidden.

This is her Namus case. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6052/0/

After looking at the reply from M Clark, I started going through missing people from Oregon.

I found Christi Lynn Farni who went missing in 1978 at the age of 6. it's hard to compare a 6 year old to a 30 year old, but the coloring is right.

Here is her Charlie case http://charleyproject.org/cases/f/farni_christie.html

What caught my eye was that she had family in Arizona, and authorities think she could have been hidden.

This is her Namus case. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6052/0/

That nose looks promising. :) I wonder if the burn scar would have still been visible. Nothing was listed in our UID's profile about scars, but it's possible it could have faded, if it wasn't severe? Good find!

Isn't her DNA in Namus? So hopefully once Longview DNA gets processed we will know about this potential match.

One thing that makes me wonder...after the abusive dad died and she became an adult, what reason would there be to hide. She could reveal her identity without saying who hid here. And it seemed that she didn't have normal contact with the "hiding" family otherwise her husband would have known something about them. Did that make sense?

You're right. I remember finding the actual city where she lived, but I can't recall where it was. I will look back and post when I find it.

Sorry, I just remembered that I wanted to respond to this. The divorce papers were filed in Fannin county, which would lead me to believe that she was living in Bonham for several months.

Isn't her DNA in Namus? So hopefully once Longview DNA gets processed we will know about this potential match.

One thing that makes me wonder...after the abusive dad died and she became an adult, what reason would there be to hide. She could reveal her identity without saying who hid here. And it seemed that she didn't have normal contact with the "hiding" family otherwise her husband would have known something about them. Did that make sense?

Yes, it does make sense. :)

She was 6 when she went missing, and those years had some pretty significant trauma in them--death of her mother and abuse by her father. There very well could have been some blocking done as a coping mechanism. And if an abductor filled the "blocked" spaces with fabricated memories then she may not even know who she really is or where she came from.

Pure speculation and MOO, of course. :)

ETA: When ARE they going to submit the UID's DNA? You would think they would have done it by now.

I know we have touched on this before, but since this thread isn't moving much...

How much can a girl grow (in height) after 13 years of age?
I know that many of my friends were nearly full grown by then, perhaps just a few fractions of an inch more between the ages of 13-16. Does anyone have a different experience?

This week's spotlight case is a runaway: Shannon Lee Potter. Ran in 1984 from MD to FL, wrote a note to her mom then hasn't been heard from since. She had brown hair and eyes and reasonably similar features to Longview Jan Doe. The only major issue I see is that she was 5 ft 5 when she left.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases
/p/potter_shannon.html

eta:

potter_shannon.jpg

Sorry- can't figure out how to put pictures side by side or even similar sizes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX