TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monica Lisa Lincoln went missing june 21 1987, she took a bus frominglewood,Ca to San Diego,Ca to cash a check , and hasnt been seen again family reported her missing in 2008..Dna and fingerprints are on file.some report her as having blonde hair / hazel eyes but most say she has brown hair/ brown eyes also reported as being 5'5inches in height... and she does have tattoos but i have to add her pic here to see what everyone thinks ,, tattoos are removable and records are inconsistance...timeline is good...
attachment.php
attachment.php

I haven't seen this one suggested before. She is very close to Lori except her ears seem to stick out more. I'd like to see more pics to compare.

Monica Lisa Lincoln went missing june 21 1987, she took a bus frominglewood,Ca to San Diego,Ca to cash a check , and hasnt been seen again family reported her missing in 2008..Dna and fingerprints are on file.some report her as having blonde hair / hazel eyes but most say she has brown hair/ brown eyes also reported as being 5'5inches in height... and she does have tattoos but i have to add her pic here to see what everyone thinks ,, tattoos are removable and records are inconsistance...timeline is good...
attachment.php
attachment.php

In case it helps for anyone trying to look up Monica her birth name was Mona. She used both Monica and Mona at her Los Angeles address.

attachment.php
attachment.php

While she bears a striking resemblance, the upper lip and ears are different; LEK also had a narrower facial structure at the temples. Plastic surgery would not generally affect that temple region, nor (usually) change the ears. So my vote is not a match, though she does bear a resemblance.

I also don't think Lori would ever turn up in a Missing Person's report, so I should admit my bias. She disappeared with her family's blessing and aid, IMO.

So whatever happened with that poster? If he told Velling who she is a year ago, why have we not heard? You think he was for real?

I've been curious about that, too. Regarding his main (first) post (linked upthread):

I'm wondering what establishment they both worked at where he was 17 and she 21 (and where he gave her a ride home):

- In Texas, most teens don't get their driver's license until 18, unless it's a hardship license.

- Irving is "wet", and if she (and he) were working at a gentleman's "establishment" (as has been rumored for those late 1980s years) I'd wonder at his working there underage where drinks are served--not up on the laws on that currently, so someone can maybe fill me in.

- I'd really, really wonder at LEK dating a 17-yr old in 1988, because LEK was likely in her late 20s in 1988 (if not almost 30)...

That said, it's not impossible. Just falls in the 'improbable' realm for me without more facts or outside verification.

I also doubt she was "working at an establishment" in Irving due to just being in town visiting a sick mother in Irving (post 684 thread 2), though conceivably that could've been simply her story (to him). And his talking about her modesty and hygiene struck me a bit weird, frankly.

But, the biggest problem is, of course, the timeline. I doubt he met her working in Irving in March or April of 1988 when she was still in California May 20 (1988) getting that fake birth certificate, in Idaho June 16 (1988) getting the fake state ID card, and then in Texas, July 12 (1988) getting that SS# (with a Dallas-area address far from Irving but near other strip clubs). She would have had neither passport nor TX ID/Social Security # to be working at any Irving establishment, yet (in Mar/Apr 1988).

So to me, no...this doesn't add up. Though I like that he was trying to stick up for her.

Meant to mention earlier, there is also a 'comment' posted on her findagrave site which may be from s/s1988, as it is relatively recent, yet anonymous, and 'remembering' spring 1988. Like I said, though, I believe the real LEK had a busy spring 1988, but it was focused on cutting loose from her old life and setting up her new identity, not dating some minor from an "establishment" where she could not yet have been working.

I always take the internet's information with a grain (actually more like a whole shaker) of salt but it is interesting that this record suggests Mona Lincoln was alive and well and using her own identity in LA from Dec 1987 - Jan 1998. Then, in 2005, same name and birthdate with a PO box in a kind of remote looking town in the desert east of LA. If these records refer to the same person, and this is a case of someone intentionally distancing themselves from their family, it's weird to me that her missing posters and such are splashed all over the internet without anyone looking into the person with the same name and birthdate who still lives in the general area & whose contact information can be found in public records... Is that a common name? She really looks like FLEK though, the ears low on her head is what gets me especially.

I always take the internet's information with a grain (actually more like a whole shaker) of salt but it is interesting that this record suggests Mona Lincoln was alive and well and using her own identity in LA from Dec 1987 - Jan 1998. Then, in 2005, same name and birthdate with a PO box in a kind of remote looking town in the desert east of LA. If these records refer to the same person, and this is a case of someone intentionally distancing themselves from their family, it's weird to me that her missing posters and such are splashed all over the internet without anyone looking into the person with the same name and birthdate who still lives in the general area & whose contact information can be found in public records... Is that a common name? She really looks like FLEK though, the ears low on her head is what gets me especially.

It is kind of remote but there is a big Marine corp base there.

I think that is the Monica that went missing. Her other family members lived at that address and also had the PO Box in 29 Palms. If her family stayed there that could be why she was reported as having that address long after she went missing. The only thing in 29 Palms is a military base. I know some military families that had to move there. Possible Monica's dad was in the military. If I've got the right person her father died in 2007 in Arizona. I'm trying to find his obituary to verify that's him. The Inglewood, CA and Arizona connection has me intrigued. Ears can be pinned back surgically, Lori's always seems really close to her head, IMO. The more distracting thing is the Monica reportedly had tattoos on her knuckles. Those would be hard to remove without leaving scars, IMO. We have some pictures of LEK's hands and she claimed to have been a hand model. It would be hard for her to make that claim if she had visible scars on her knuckles.

ETA: Monica's mother died in 2001 in Los Angeles. So who reported her missing in 2008? Looks like she has a few sisters...

there is a record of a speeding ticket for lori kennedy. I am not sure where i found it, but I think on the dallas county records. it might have been as lori ruff, but I think it was kennedy. Not sure if it was her or not. For some reason when I found it i thought it was. Will have to go back and look.
It was Lori Kennedy and she knew about going to court and participating in a program in the Dallas area to get out of it or some other benefit it provided. Sorry I cant exactly remember.

I found a record for Monica from 1993--I'm not sure if this is her or not. No other Lincolns at that address. When I looked up this address I found she shared the address with a Lori A Kennedy. Holy coincidences! The LK at that address has a different birth date and was married in 1984. I'm going to look into her more but I don't have much time this weekend so if someone else wants to run down this lead, go for it!
ETA: I forgot to mention the Lori A Kennedy at that address was there the same year as Monica--1993.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2SSF-4QJ

maybe 84 was a first marrage that turned out badly .....and she just ran with it at that point.

Here is one of them - I'm not sure if there are more.

Thanks Furious!!! I went back and read them all, there aren't that many of them...but they seem to start abruptly and stop abruptly. Did he simply post a dozen or so times and disappear?

I'm not sure I believe all of what he has said. I am not doubting everything in his story - but there are also things that make be believe it is true. I think it is odd the timing of it, I think that his story of meeting her mother is odd, and of not wanting to release her name because of hurting her family, while simultaneously saying essentially there was nothing untoward in the family. They might not have been wealthy, but that's no crime (thank heavens!).

I would love for it to be true - but do find it weird that he just drops off the face of the earth (metaphorically speaking). If he did go to the Ruff's and explain who Lori really was, it seems like someone would have passed that information on to Velling, and even if there was no disclosure of the original identity- it seems like the case would be closed.

I found a record for Monica from 1993--I'm not sure if this is her or not. No other Lincolns at that address. When I looked up this address I found she shared the address with a Lori A Kennedy. Holy coincidences! The LK at that address has a different birth date and was married in 1984. I'm going to look into her more but I don't have much time this weekend so if someone else wants to run down this lead, go for it!
ETA: I forgot to mention the Lori A Kennedy at that address was there the same year as Monica--1993.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2SSF-4QJ

maybe 84 was a first marrage that turned out badly .....and she just ran with it at that point.

First marriage did end in divorce but she's not FLEK. I found evidence that the Lori Kennedy that lived with Mona Lisa Lincoln in '93 is still alive and in California. Her father died in 2015 and she is mentioned in the obituary with her second husband's name. Address records also place her in CA recently. I couldn't find her social media to find a picture of her. Here is my initial theory: Monica wanted to disappear and the real Lori helped her. Maybe they looked similar enough that Lori gave Monica her ID to use to travel to Idaho and Texas and get what she needed to do the name change/SS# request. Monica liked the name and chose to keep it or she had already established a work history in the name of LK prior to doing the legal name change and thought it would be easier to keep the name. I can't really explain why she would go BACK to California in 1993, but we don't know too much about FLEK's movements between 1990 and 1996. We do have one address in the Texas Address threads that has the middle initial A for LEK--I'm not sure if we settled whether that was FLEK or a different LK. Not a lot of people have the name Mona Lisa or Monica Lincoln but there are a few records for that name in the Dallas area. I'm not really sold on this theory because of the tattoos. Since there is DNA for Monica, someone should should submit to NamUs, IMO.

Apologies if this exercise has already been done. I have no paid access to information sites and I'm based in Canada, so that can impact the level to which I can look in to these things. Something I've been trying to do is search for past residents of Lori's known addresses - at least to find a possible roommate, at best to find a mysterious woman FLEK's age who mysteriously disappears in the late 90's (in case she created the LEK identity several years prior to assuming it for daily life).

I've just been looking up her addresses on this site and this one seems worth some additional eyes/opinions.

GYF
Multiple pieces of information point to an Asian connection, as it were, so this name caught my eye.
I looked up Lori's 1993 address: 3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX on PeopleSmart and one of the past residents of this address that comes up is GYF. I looked up GYF on FamilySearch.org and found this record for a GYF born October 15, 1965. The FamilySearch record provides a series of addresses for this person at 14400 Statler Blvd. According to the addresses note on this Facebook page about Lori, 14400 Statler Blvd, Fort Worth, TX is also a known address for Lori that comes up in Ancestry searches. So this person is connected already to two known addresses of Lori's.
There is also this record for GYF with a different birthdate, also referencing the 14400 Statler Blvd address, bringing a third apartment unit number in to the mix.

I would love to see what others can dig up on this person.

Hi DVO!!

Great minds work alike. :) I started a spreadsheet of anyone who I can find with the same addresses of FLEK. I haven't done the Oakridge Ct address yet, but I have for the following. 1978 Oak Creek Ln, 7101 El Caballo Dr, 200 Bear Creek Dr, 3901 Oakridge Ct, 6266 Melody Ln, 2436 Harwood Rd, 14400 Statler Bvld, PO Box 810, and 3146 Hudnall. We should compare notes...

I haven't come across that name yet...good catch.

I was also thinking...room mate or a mysterious woman FLEK's age who mysteriously disappears in the late 90's.

Something of interest that I found as well. PO BOX 810 registers to a J*s*ph C*rtwr*ght. He was married to a Ch*er*ll B*rk* on 8/7/89. I haven't had time to do more research on her.

https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=+givenname:cherryll~ +surname:burke~

https://familysearch.org/search/rec...sidence_place1=10,Texas&birth_year1=1900~1970

I was hoping maybe Gardner could help me out here.

Apologies if this exercise has already been done. I have no paid access to information sites and I'm based in Canada, so that can impact the level to which I can look in to these things. Something I've been trying to do is search for past residents of Lori's known addresses - at least to find a possible roommate, at best to find a mysterious woman FLEK's age who mysteriously disappears in the late 90's (in case she created the LEK identity several years prior to assuming it for daily life).

I've just been looking up her addresses on this site and this one seems worth some additional eyes/opinions.

GYF
Multiple pieces of information point to an Asian connection, as it were, so this name caught my eye.
I looked up Lori's 1993 address: 3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX on PeopleSmart and one of the past residents of this address that comes up is GYF. I looked up GYF on FamilySearch.org and found this record for a GYF born October 15, 1965. The FamilySearch record provides a series of addresses for this person at 14400 Statler Blvd. According to the addresses note on this Facebook page about Lori, 14400 Statler Blvd, Fort Worth, TX is also a known address for Lori that comes up in Ancestry searches. So this person is connected already to two known addresses of Lori's.
There is also this record for GYF with a different birthdate, also referencing the 14400 Statler Blvd address, bringing a third apartment unit number in to the mix.

I would love to see what others can dig up on this person.

This is quite a fantastic find! Let me preface my findings by stating that I am horrible at Ancestry searches. But I thought I would give it a whirl :) I got some basic stuff to start, at least.

I found several people who go by that name, and another in TX. How sure are you that the October DOB is the correct one? If certain, I really only found two additional records and for one of them, I am not positive it is him. It is a marriage record. He married a 40 yo old with the initials GL on 24 Aug 2004 in Collin, Tx. The only catch is that the record estimates GYF's DOB as 1970. Unfortunately there is no link to the original doc. But I don't think it is too much of a stretch to guess that his age is the same as actually his wife's, which would bring his DOB to 1965. Or perhaps the bride's DOB and the groom's DOB were accidentally transposed. I did find another associated address in Fort Worth for GYF DOB 1965. Can I publish that?

There is a GF who was born in NY 15 days after the aforementioned 1965 GYF. I don't think they are the same person. There are a few records that consistently place him on the E coast.

There is also a GF that was born in 1968-- I see 3 Houston addresses for him, and one for Irbana, IL. Not positive on that DOB-- it could possibly be the same guy as 1965 GYF. This could possibly be the person on the marriage record too.

There is another GYF that is born in 1975, or around there-- different records say different things. But I saw his university year book photo, and 1975 looks to be close enough. I think this is the one that likely was mixed up into the last record you linked. He is in Kansas. There is quite a bit of evidence linking him to Kansas, at least in the mid 90s.

the following two are kind of interesting....
a GF born 1968, living in Tucson, AZ (different DOB from Houston GF)
and a GF In Vancouver, WA in 1994 and also Redmond, WA. I am not positive they are the same person, just guessing. Vancouver is a couple hours away from Fife, where poor BST passed away. Redmond is about an hour from Fife, 20-30 mins from Seattle. Microsoft is HQd there, and there a big Asian community there.

I dont know know if any of this is helpful-- I am always so worried I will leave out THE detail! Let me know if I can drill down somewhere or clarify.

As I was thinking about her artistic skills, it occurred to me that "An Eye for Design" would better fit a freelance artist than a marketing consultant. I wonder if this was a name for a business venture LEK had come up with long before she decided to go into the mystery shopper/online marketing business.

When I saw "An Eye For Design" I immediately thought of an Interior Designer. But there's nothing in her background that suggests she had those tendencies. At least from what I can tell.

Oops! I saw in a previous post it was actually An Eye for Detail...

Hi DVO!!

Great minds work alike. :) I started a spreadsheet of anyone who I can find with the same addresses of FLEK. I haven't done the Oakridge Ct address yet, but I have for the following. 1978 Oak Creek Ln, 7101 El Caballo Dr, 200 Bear Creek Dr, 3901 Oakridge Ct, 6266 Melody Ln, 2436 Harwood Rd, 14400 Statler Bvld, PO Box 810, and 3146 Hudnall. We should compare notes...

I haven't come across that name yet...good catch.

I was also thinking...room mate or a mysterious woman FLEK's age who mysteriously disappears in the late 90's.

Something of interest that I found as well. PO BOX 810 registers to a J*s*ph C*rtwr*ght. He was married to a Ch*er*ll B*rk* on 8/7/89. I haven't had time to do more research on her.

https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=+givenname:cherryll~ +surname:burke~

https://familysearch.org/search/rec...sidence_place1=10,Texas&birth_year1=1900~1970

I was hoping maybe Gardner could help me out here.

One thing I can tell you BCA is that the JLC who had the PO box is not the same one who married CB in 1989. Birthdates are off by 20 years difference.

This is quite a fantastic find! Let me preface my findings by stating that I am horrible at Ancestry searches. But I thought I would give it a whirl :) I got some basic stuff to start, at least.

I found several people who go by that name, and another in TX. How sure are you that the October DOB is the correct one? If certain, I really only found two additional records and for one of them, I am not positive it is him. It is a marriage record. He married a 40 yo old with the initials GL on 24 Aug 2004 in Collin, Tx. The only catch is that the record estimates GYF's DOB as 1970. Unfortunately there is no link to the original doc. But I don't think it is too much of a stretch to guess that his age is the same as actually his wife's, which would bring his DOB to 1965. Or perhaps the bride's DOB and the groom's DOB were accidentally transposed. I did find another associated address in Fort Worth for GYF DOB 1965. Can I publish that?

There is a GF who was born in NY 15 days after the aforementioned 1965 GYF. I don't think they are the same person. There are a few records that consistently place him on the E coast.

There is also a GF that was born in 1968-- I see 3 Houston addresses for him, and one for Irbana, IL. Not positive on that DOB-- it could possibly be the same guy. This could possibly be the person on the marriage record too.

There is another GYF that is born in 1975, or around there-- different records say different things. But I saw his university year book photo, and 1975 looks to be close enough. I think this is the one that likely was mixed up into the last record you linked. He is in Kansas. There is quite a bit of evidence linking him to Kansas, at least in the mid 90s.

the following two are kind of interesting....
a GF born 1968, living in Tucson, AZ (different DOB from Houston GF)
and a GF In Vancouver, WA in 1994 and also Redmond, WA. I am not positive they are the same person, just guessing. Vancouver is a couple hours away from Fife, where poor BST passed away. Redmond is about an hour from Fife, 20-30 mins from Seattle. Microsoft is HQd there, and there a big Asian community there.

I dont know know if any of this is helpful-- I am always so worried I will leave out THE detail! Let me know if I can drill down somewhere or clarify.

I found pretty much the same as you OBrunhilde. I don't think the ones with different DOB are the same GF. That F surname seems to be a common enough Asian name. The only thing I would add is that I found a GF in San Jose, CA with no associated birthdate. San Jose was interesting to me because Some of the woman who worked at the same companies as Lori had connections to San Jose.

ETA: I also found a GF in the Dallas area who runs an electronics manufacturing business. That is the same line of work as Operating Tech where Lori worked with an Asian woman with San Jose connections.

When I saw "An Eye For Design" I immediately thought of an Interior Designer. But there's nothing in her background that suggests she had those tendencies. At least from what I can tell.

An Eye for Design was not the name of her business. It was "An Eye for Detail Consulting".

attachment.php
attachment.php
I think they have different ears maybe but the similarities otherwise are quite significant. You should submit this one I think newfiedee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500