TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue. I joined today, with zero intentions of posting there again after tonight lol. Now she is claiming she never said any of that stuff. Crazy b!!

I find your directness very refreshing :p

Good question...Kimberly left to live with various relatives and bounced around for a while after her mother's remarriage. Then---she told S/S---her mother divorced the stepdad and relocated to Texas. Kimberly followed shortly after.

This was a lie. The woman she was living with in Texas was an unknown person, perhaps a distant relative, to whom she gave a fake name. I'm not going to disclose that here, because S/S was quite bullied here, including people speculating he was female, and I don't want to further breach his trust. Just wanted to confirm that his story matches the one that's available now, and also the leaked story from Abbott earlier in the year. If you search the threads, you'll see that he said she was an 18-year-old runaway from PA who used a *series* of false identities. The identity she used with S/S was an early attempt and she likely ran into difficulties without official ID, hence her getting the BST birth certificate the same summer.

As for Akoya...I've missed this whole drama. What did she say that doesn't match with Kimberly's story?

She said that she'd solved it. She didn't.

Good question...Kimberly left to live with various relatives and bounced around for a while after her mother's remarriage. Then---she told S/S---her mother divorced the stepdad and relocated to Texas. Kimberly followed shortly after.

This was a lie. The woman she was living with in Texas was an unknown person, perhaps a distant relative, to whom she gave a fake name. I'm not going to disclose that here, because S/S was quite bullied here, including people speculating he was female, and I don't want to further breach his trust. Just wanted to confirm that his story matches the one that's available now, and also the leaked story from Abbott earlier in the year. If you search the threads, you'll see that he said she was an 18-year-old runaway from PA who used a *series* of false identities. The identity she used with S/S was an early attempt and she likely ran into difficulties without official ID, hence her getting the BST birth certificate the same summer.

As for Akoya...I've missed this whole drama. What did she say that doesn't match with Kimberly's story?

I remember SS saying that the "mom" looked like Lori/Kim. Surely he must have heard her call her mom, but then maybe he wasn't around the mom too much. Do you think SS would be willing to come back? He had far more fans than not!

No, I usually talk to her about Benjaman Kyle

Well if you talk to her again tell her high five from all of us! And could you also ask if Taman Shud / Somerton man has been ID'd yet, she's involved in that but the thread here got closed and has not reopened yet.

This was a lie. The woman she was living with in Texas was an unknown person, perhaps a distant relative, to whom she gave a fake name. I'm not going to disclose that here, because S/S was quite bullied here, including people speculating he was female, and I don't want to further breach his trust.

Hmm. I didn't think S/S was bullied. My speculations about him -- which he may have found insulting -- were entirely due to the fact he posted & left; this is one of the signs of a troll. I suspect we were way too excited to have made contact with someone who actually knew her & frightened him away. You're welcome to disagree with me about that, but I will apologize if my posts about him made him feel uncomfortable posting here.

Oh, just that over at another website A. claimed credit for making the identification, & implicitly denying that Colleen Fitzpatrick played any role in it. Nothing about Kimberly herself. Have a look if you're interested in dramaz, otherwise you can give it a miss.

From what I'm reading, Akoya said she was Velling's assistant. She claims she knew about the match but didn't solve it by herself. Unless I'm missing a post? What I'm reading from her says she was a runaway who was never reported missing, had trauma in her past, bounced around a lot, and the match was solved via DNA...all true.

I've sent a message to S/S asking him to return, let's hope he does.

So I guess the woman who disappeared from Indiana at 28 and reappeared in Texas under a false identity really was a co-incidence, and Abbott's info was correct.

Can someone who has it to hand please repost the link to SS1988's posts (if I recall correctly there were 10 posts in May 2015)

I kinda think Kim would not mind that her true identity has been uncovered. I'd like to think that the closure it will bring to others would be ok with her.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Please tell S/S that we are all sorry he felt bullied. There are a lot of internet trolls who like to make crazy claims so its natural for us to ask as many questions as we can to see if the person is being truthful.

Maybe you could forward CoverMeCageny's poll to him, so he can see how many people participated in her poll and how many of those believed his story.

Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney
QUICK POLL RESULTS

Lori is someone who was on Namus 3
Lori was never reported missing but we've heard of her 16
Lori was never reported missing and we've never heard of her 31
Lori was Sandy Hopler 4
Lori knew the Turner family 8
S/S1988 was telling the truth 22
You're so giddy you could pee your pants 32

From what I'm reading, Akoya said she was Velling's assistant. She claims she knew about the match but didn't solve it by herself. Unless I'm missing a post? What I'm reading from her says she was a runaway who was never reported missing, had trauma in her past, bounced around a lot, and the match was solved via DNA...all true.

So I guess the woman who disappeared from Indiana at 28 and reappeared in Texas under a false identity really was a co-incidence, and Abbott's info was correct.

Akoya said in her first post that she was the one that identified Lori.

I just jumped ahead to the Seattle article. Wow. Just a young girl, who cut herself off from her family, never to contact them again. I've got goosebumps. I just can't believe we know. I had long ago resolved to the fact if her identity was ever found out we may never know, but this is just so surprising. I have so many emotions, on top of losing a family member yesterday, I just feel so sentimental, and I am just glad her family has answers.

Please tell S/S that we are all sorry he felt bullied. There are a lot of internet trolls who like to make crazy claims so its natural for us to ask as many questions as we can to see if the person is being truthful.

Maybe you could forward CoverMeCageny's poll to him, so he can see how many people participated in her poll and how many of those believed his story.

Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney
QUICK POLL RESULTS

Lori is someone who was on Namus 3
Lori was never reported missing but we've heard of her 16
Lori was never reported missing and we've never heard of her 31
Lori was Sandy Hopler 4
Lori knew the Turner family 8
S/S1988 was telling the truth 22
You're so giddy you could pee your pants 32

I never spoke to him, since i did not arrive here until this year. I did take a look at his posts that someone linked, and I have to admit I felt he was a Fraud. I know he could just be mistaken, but I felt he was intentionally deceiving. Just my honest opinion. I felt he just put his theory into a story with him staring. I don't think a person would change their identity just to go home every night to mother. The only thing I thought might be plausible is that i felt this would be how it would be solved. Someone from her past would recognize her. Well it actually took science and a scientist. never saw that coming. But SS, in my opinion just invented what he thought was a likely story.

I have to say that his news has definitely confirmed my suspicions. When the original leak came from Derek of Taman Shud fame, I figured Colleen was the one who had solved it since I know that they have worked together in the past. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but clearly Akoya had no idea what she was talking about since it was indeed DNA Genealogy that led to her identity and solved this case. As I have said previously here, having Lori's daughter's DNA in the two largest public databases was the answer. I just wish we always had the option to DNA test a living person to find an answer for all of the Doe cases. A huge amount of them would be identified pretty quickly and easily. Maybe someday in the future it will become possible to get DNA from remains into these types of databases. I sure hope so.
:yeahthat: :ditto:

Good night everyone

Can someone who has it to hand please repost the link to SS1988's posts (if I recall correctly there were 10 posts in May 2015)

I have your question for Colleen copied

I quoted all of his posts here yesterday 01:36 PM #1523

Here is spring/summer1988 1st post - 05-20-2015
Hello

The first time I heard of LEK is when I saw her Texas Driver license photograph on the news a few years ago. The photograph looked very familiar to me, but I did not recognize the name. Later that day I showed the broadcast to my wife, she advised the woman’s face did look familiar, but she did not recognize the name either. I quickly forgot about it.

Last week I was googling mysterious crime cases while I had down time at work, and ran across LEK again. The photograph looked familiar to me again so I googled her name. As I read deeper into the case on different websites, I saw the older photograph on the Ohio Driver license. I then realized that LEK was a girl I dated in the spring/summer of 1988. I showed this photograph to my wife, and she recognized her as well. It’s hard to explain how you meet people in life that make an impact on you, and we just take for granted that they are alive and well living somewhere on this earth.
I have contacted investigator Velling VIA telephone/email, and provided the information to him. He has asked additional questions, and I have answered them as well as I could. I feel like her family should be properly notified first. I believe the name I gave him was her real name, because her Mother called her by that name. I will NOT provide that name right now.
Around march/April 1988 I worked at an establishment with LEK in Irving, TX. I was 17, LEK was 21. LEK advised me she was from Northern California, and she was in the area visiting her Mother for a few months. I gave her a ride home one afternoon after work, and picked her up later in the evening to go have dinner.
We dated for around 3 months, and I had the time of my life with her. I want to make it very clear to everyone that she was one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, and a Lady. She was definitely an introvert. I think we hit it off so well because I am an introvert myself. We really didn’t go out in public that much. We did spend a lot of time visiting with each other, watching television together, and cruising. LEK was very smart, and articulate. LEK was always dressed well and her personal hygiene was immaculate. She was also VERY modest. Imagine the smile on her face on that Ohio DL. That was the smile I remember, and she was wearing in quite often. She was an absolute joy to be around.
She didn’t talk much about her past, and I believe it was because she did come from a broken home. I know that she probably didn’t grow up having much. When she saw the house where I lived she, commented that she couldn’t believe I wasn’t “stuck up” like most people that came from that kind of neighborhood. I grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood.
It has been 27 years since that spring, and I have thought about her often. I am deeply saddened that she is dead, and it breaks my heart to think about what she was going through when she ended her life. My prayers go out to her husband, and child.
I have no idea why she assumed another identity other than she did have some family issues. She never did go into great detail with me on these issues.
I just wanted to chime in and kind of “take up” for her. The things I have read about her, makes her appear as some time of maniac. I know people change over time, and it appears she was having issues. The LEK I know was not like that at all.
Yes, I do have photos of her.

Yes, I met her Mother. Her Mother's health was declining, and that is why LEK was down visiting. I remember her Mother had only been in TX a few years before 1988. I would assume that her Mother is no longer living. I drove by the house her Mother lived in earlier this week. It is no longer there.

I am thinking I probably have her real name. I heard her Mother call her by her name several times. I am confident it was her Mother as well, the only difference between the two of them was their age and hair color.

This is exciting news! Is there anything else you are willing to share about this person?

Not right now.

Please understand that I am still having a hard time with her death.

I do know a little more about her personal life than I am letting on, but I feel like I am violating her as well as her family.

I DO NOT know anything about her identity change, but I possibly have an idea on why she did it.

I feel 100% that she didn't do it to harm anyone, and I also feel 100% that she didn't do it to hide after she committed a crime. I am thinking she felt like she needed a fresh start to move on in her adult life.

Some other questions that I hope aren't too intrusive...

1) did the detective you spoke with indicate that you have the right person? If so, do you know what steps will be taken to publicize her identification? .......... No, but I am assuming he will attempt to contact our old employer. He did say that unless the employer kept the records all these years he could not access them. I am not sure he can say for sure if he cant get those records. I can remember back in the 80s that an employer would just let you write in your SS#. I have no doubt it is her though.

2) do you recognize her from any of the missing persons we've been theorizing about in these threads? Do you know if she was reported missing......No.

3) do you have any thoughts on the "notes" page she left in a lockbox? Do any of the notes indicate anything about her true story? ..... I will look, if you will tell me where I can see them.

4) do you know anything about her or her mother's religious background? no
I don't plan on posting any of the pictures, at least not now.

I joined this forum to try to give an opinion of her that was from someone that actually knew her. I hope that her child never sees some of the things posted on the internet about her Mother.

Akoya said in her first post that she was the one that identified Lori.

I took her wording to mean that she ran the final DNA match that confirmed her identity, not that it was her work alone that solved the case. She does sound credible to me, but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. I'm sort of more curious about the clues like the lockbox note and how they might fit in with this new info. I suspect many will be red herrings.

I remember SS saying that the "mom" looked like Lori/Kim. Surely he must have heard her call her mom, but then maybe he wasn't around the mom too much. Do you think SS would be willing to come back? He had far more fans than not!

Yeah he said they looked exactly alike but with different hair color. Sorry but this isn't making sense to me. Sorry to seem skeptical but a bunch of people are coming out of the woodwork saying they have inside info. Just curious why this communication wasn't brought to our attention earlier, especially when people were openly doubting ss88 fornocer a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500