TX TX - Maoye Sun, 50, Mei Xie, 49, & two sons, 9 & 7, Cypress, 24 Jan 2014

Odd....

Chen Xuemin, an associate professor at Texas Southern University who lives in the same area as Sun, told China Daily that he learned of the killings prior to the police announcing them.

Chen said he played volleyball with Sun Maoye and other professionals who live in the area on weekends, and one of the players sent an e-mail to the group about the killings.

"Sun came to play with us but stopped coming in last a few months," Chen said. "I was so shocked and sad that I was not even in the mood to properly celebrate the Lunar New Year. He was a very nice and modest guy. Someone who was once close to us, albeit just in a casual way, was suddenly taken away like that, and his whole family too, it's incomprehensible."

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/epaper/2014-02/06/content_17269253.htm

The mother took the boys, aged 7 and 9, every weekend to this Chinese school. Teachers tell Eyewitness News they first realized something was wrong on January 26, when the kids didn't show up for class. Their bodies were discovered a few days late in their home.

Every detail of this quadruple murder has been dutifully reported in local Chinese newspapers and online. Charlie Zheng, president of the Bi-Lingual Chinese Journalists Association, says it's been difficult to get people to open up.

"Basically we are calling the Asian community, the Chinese community, if you know something, call the officer," Zheng said.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9422389

I didn't realise how many people are killed or missing everyday until I joined websleuths. This case is terrifying. I have not seen mentioned if it looked like a robbery, or perhaps someone they knew. Jmo

ciao

This is horribly sad and scary. I hope they catch whom ever is responsible for killing this family. IMO Someone they know would explain killing the children, not that killing children is explainable . All locals Please take extra care ! Most likely they are no where around but honestly could be anyone. I do not understand why we have so many crazies out there but we all have them, no matter the area we live in.Stay safe better to be extra cautious. Hard to believe in a neighborhood where people work at home no one heard the gunshots.

Chen Xuemin, an associate professor at Texas Southern University who lives in the same area as Sun, told China Daily that he learned of the killings prior to the police announcing them.

Chen said he played volleyball with Sun Maoye and other professionals who live in the area on weekends, and one of the players sent an e-mail to the group about the killings.

"Sun came to play with us but stopped coming in last a few months," Chen said. "I was so shocked and sad that I was not even in the mood to properly celebrate the Lunar New Year. He was a very nice and modest guy. Someone who was once close to us, albeit just in a casual way, was suddenly taken away like that, and his whole family too, it's incomprehensible."

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/epaper/2014-02/06/content_17269253.htm

He learned of the deaths before the police announced them?! That's interesting. I'm sure LE is now investigating who sent out the email prior the police announcement. I wonder if anything will pan out from that.

What really interests me is the comment about how Sun stopped coming in a few months before his death. Perhaps he was afraid of someone in his volleyball group...? Or perhaps it's only a coincidence and he was too busy with work related matters to take time off for sport.

Vigil held in honor of slain Cypress family

CYPRESS, TX (KTRK) -- A community came together Saturday to mourn a family of four murdered in Cypress. People are looking for answers after a husband and wife and their children were found dead last month.

Saturday's gathering was a show of support and solidarity. The Chinese community came together to show their outrage, and to look for answers.

"We are determined to do whatever we can to bring to justice the murderer of the Sun family -- the perpetrator of this heinous crime," said David Cao with the Houston Chinese Alliance.

read more .............http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9424455

But still, no motive, and no suspect in the deaths of Maoye Sun, his wife Mei Xie, and their two boys. A family friend today shared photos from a happier time, a Cub Scout camping trip, the family smiling and eating pizza.

All four members of the Sun family were found shot to death in their home on January 30.

"It's very troublesome that it happened in our community because this is a good community, our neighbors look out for each other, and it's very sad that it happened," said resident Brenda Idol

Though detectives couldn't give a lot of specifics about the case, they offered tips on how community members can be more vigilant, and how they can protect themselves in their homes, with a murder suspect still unaccounted for.

Picture at link and an interesting comment on the article.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9425425

whether it's a gambling debt or not, it's definitely something nefarious and lots of money was involved - one shot to each head is a professional hit, meant to be efficient and impersonal

I don't know how the murderer could live with themselves doing that to children but I guess it makes it easier if they're asleep

I had not heard about this at all, but I live up by Dallas. It amazes me how many murders I have read about in the last few years that involve a whole family being killed. I wonder if this type of violence is on the rise or if it is just more heavily reported?
So sad for this family, knowing that two little boys were killed is just heart breaking.

So terribly sad. I live less than 2 miles from where this happened and I just can not imagine.

The dad worked for a big oil company and held a couple patents on oilfield products. I can't help but wonder if the Chinese government is involved because he wouldn't share secrets or stopped sharing secrets.

Latest about billboards:

Garcia said four billboards, donated by Clear Channel Outdoor, were placed in the Cypress area and statewide, Garcia said. He said his office is speaking with Clear Channel about potentially taking the campaign national and even internationally, placing the billboards in China, where Sun and his wife migrated from to the United States.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ies-Billboard-campaign-in-Cypress-5281579.php

$70,000 reward, no motive. LE looks for clues.

Investigators say they narrowed the time frame of the murders to between 7 p.m. on Jan. 24 and 11 a.m. on Jan. 25.

Deputies found Maoye Sun, 50, his wife, Mei Xie, 49, and their sons, Timothy, 9, and Titus, 7, dead in their home in at 14015 Fosters Creek Drive on Jan. 30 in northwest Harris County. The medical examiner said each died of a gunshot wound to the head. Timothy was also shot in the torso.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/search-for-new-clues-in-familys-murder-mystery/25052444

I'm sure LE is holding back info, but hope they don't wait too long and no one will recognize the clue.

I don't know how credible this news source is but this was being discussed in a local cypress, texas new fb group

The apparent murder of a Chinese-American man, along with three family members, at his home in Houston, Texas, this January was recently said by an established overseas Chinese newspaper to have some connection to the former Chinese security official Zhou Yongkang, who is at the center of an intense corruption investigation.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/594...american-family-related-to-security-official/

I never saw this coming.

So basically what it means is, this case is over and there will be no justice for the victims.

Very sad,
:(
JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members