GUILTY TX - Masih Golabbakhsh, 2 months, Houston, 21 April 2010

You know what... this actually didn't surprise me. When she said that mysterious African American baby snatcher was at it again... I knew exactly what was going on. I'm probably not going to be very popular for this.. but my vote on this one is to DEPORT HER! We have no more room for any more baby killers in this country... and it's unfair that the American tax payers will now have to pay for another one to get free housing and food.

R.I.P Misoh :rose:

Mom Charged in Missing Infant's Death

Updated: Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 4:10 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 4:00 PM CDT

HOUSTON - An Amber Alert is canceled and a mom charged with murder after the body of her two-month-old son is found partially buried at the bottom of a staircase in southwest Houston.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office on Thursday accepted capital murder charges against Narjes Golabbakhsh.
Police waited for an autopsy to be completed before charges were filed, but a cause of death was not immediately determined.

"We knew she was depressed. She was on medication," said paternal grandfather Amil Golabbakhsh as he came to see where the baby had been buried Thursday morning. "We didn't know it was this bad."

more here

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100422-mom-charged-missing-infant-death

Murder. Damn. Was hoping it was just an accident. Not that an accident would make Misoh's death "better". But I was still hoping for something unintentional. :(

She has a built in defense. PPD. My bet is that she'll be sent for treatment...not prison.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7399640

7399956_448x252.jpg

God Bless this precious lil Angel Misoh Golabbakhsh:praying:

He's soooooo BEAUTIFUL!!

WHY would this Mother kill him?
Why couldn't she just take him to a safe house?

Murder. Damn. Was hoping it was just an accident. Not that an accident would make Misoh's death "better". But I was still hoping for something unintentional. :(

It's not better, Idaho. :(

According to an autopsy report from the medical examiner’s office, the boy was buried alive face-down in a muddy pool of water.

"The autopsy noted water and mud in the complainant's lungs, stomach, and ear way, concluding the complainant was alive prior to being placed face-down in the muddy water and buried," read a court official on Thursday.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/042310-Baby-Buried-Alive,-Autopsy-Concludes

Oh, my gosh, that picture in the article! What a beautiful little baby. Rest peacefully, sweetheart.

My heart actually hurts for that little baby, what a horrible way to die! So unbelievably sad!

So incredibly sad. This poor innocent baby.... rest in peace.

Parnham Attorney for Murder-Charged Mother
Updated: Friday, 23 Apr 2010, 9:38 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 23 Apr 2010, 6:04 PM CDT

HOUSTON - High-profile defense attorney George Parhnam has been hired to represent Narjes Modarresi, the Houston mother accused of burying her child alive.

Modarresi is charged in the capital murder of her two-month-old son, Masih, and is in custody in the Harris County jail without bond.

Investigators say an autopsy report shows the child was buried alive.

Modarresi, 28, was formally charged with capital murder at a probable cause hearing on Friday morning.

--------------------------------------------------------

Family members who spoke to FOX 26 on Thursday said prior to her arrest, the mother was undergoing treatment for mental illness and she was taking medication for it.

Parhnam said Modarresi has been hospitalized for mental illness in the past. He is best known for using an insanity defense to overturn Andrea Yates' capital murder conviction.

In 2001, Yates killed her five children by drowning them in the bathtub of her Clear Lake area home. The killings gained national attention and introduced many Americans to the term, "postpartum depression."

Postpartum depression is likely at the core of Modarresi's defense.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100423-parnham-attorney-for-murder-charged-mother

Prosecutors: 2-month-old was buried alive
Charged with capital murder, mother undergoes psychiatric evaluation
By TODD ACKERMAN and BRIAN ROGERS
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
April 23, 2010, 11:47PM

A 2-month-old boy whose mother originally told police he had been abducted by a stranger died after being buried alive near Buffalo Bayou in west Houston, prosecutors said Friday.

Narjes Modarresi, 28, was charged with capital murder after leading police to the baby's body, which was found facedown in a shallow grave Thursday. She underwent a psychiatric evaluation Friday at the Mental Health and Mental Retardation Authority of Harris County.

During a probable cause hearing Friday, prosecutors said initial reports from the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences showed the baby had mud and water in his lungs, indicating he was alive when buried. The preliminary cause of death was asphyxiation.

Modarresi's family has hired defense lawyer George Parnham, well-known for his defense of Andrea Yates, a Clear Lake mother who was found innocent by reason of insanity in July 2006 in the drowning death of her five children in the family bathtub in 2001. She was sent to a state mental hospital.

Parnham said his team still is in the process of gathering Modarresi's medical history, but acknowledged that she has a history of mental illness.

“It's a tragedy that could have been averted,” said Parnham, who has spoken with Modarresi family members, but will not meet with her until today. “The family's taking it tough.”

Parnham said Modarresi was on the anti-psychotic medication Zyprexa, a mood stabilizer used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is considered a risk factor for postpartum psychosis, a condition that involves losing touch with reality after childbirth, often experiencing hallucinations or delusions

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/6969654.html

Baby's death draws comparisons to Andrea Yates' case
by Andrea Lucia / 11 News

kvue.com

Posted on April 24, 2010 at 8:58 AM

HOUSTON -- While legal experts say there are similarities between a mother recently charged with murdering her baby and Andrea Yates, there is one big difference.

The body of two-month-old Masih Golabbakhsh was pulled from a shallow creek in the 8000 block of Woodway Thursday morning. According to a probable cause affidavit, he was still alive when his mother, Narjes Modarresi, buried face down in the mud.

“First reaction, holy cow, this sounds just like [Yate’s case],” says 11 News Legal Gerald Treece

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/Babys-death-draws-comparisons-to-Andrea-Yates-case-92001974.html

I am so saddened by this. My mind can not even go to a place of understanding.
They way this baby died is horrific. I pray he did not suffer long.
My question...if this mother had so many mental/phych issues, why on earth was she ever allowed to be alone with a 2 month old baby?
Everybody knew about her state of mind, but she was alone with the baby?

I'm not trying to place blame on others, it just does not make sense to me at all.

Rest in peace Misoh. Your time on Earth was way too short, but I picture you being in total peace, being rocked and held close to our Lord's chest. Smile honey, you will no longer feel any pain.

JLMcKenna83 said:
You know what... this actually didn't surprise me. When she said that mysterious African American baby snatcher was at it again... I knew exactly what was going on. I'm probably not going to be very popular for this.. but my vote on this one is to DEPORT HER! We have no more room for any more baby killers in this country... and it's unfair that the American tax payers will now have to pay for another one to get free housing and food.

R.I.P Misoh :rose:

If she is deported, it's as if this crime never happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back