TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about political correctness in this matter. I'm calling it as I see it. Anyone who says this man is not a terrorist needs to look it up!
per dictionary.com

ter⋅ror⋅ism

–noun

the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

ter⋅ror⋅ist

  –noun
a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
(formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

O'Reilly was excellent last night on how the mainstream media is covering this guy. Basically making excuses for what he did. Trying to create sympathy ,like he is the victim. poor guy had PTSD.(he never was in combat),and how he was going to have to be deployed and fight people of his faith.(I'm sure he wasn't going to fight anyone). Thats insulting to the soldiers of WW2. how about Japanese Americans and German Americans that fought in that war? What about Catholics that fought in Italy? Because he is muslim,we have to tread lightly for fear of offending. Call him what he is a nut job,radical.These are the types the terrorists are seeking. Losers that can't fit in socially so they gravitate to these extremist idealogies.There should be no excuses for this man. its insulting to every soldier serving and everyone who has served before.

Whew...Well said. I would like to add to this though, and I am really angry for the attempts at sympathy for this "man", so I may have to reword and edit to better explain (my fingers tend to get away from me sometimes). Let me just delve into this a little bit.

The reasonings we are given to be politically correct and to "feel sympathy" for this, IMO, terrorist: (My thoughts in red)

a. He suffered from PTSD.......He had never served in a combat zone
b. He suffered from PTSD due to hearing the stories of war......UMMM...ok, I call ...(sorry)c. He didn't want to fight against people of his faith.....Now this may be the true root of the issue IMO....People of his faith? What is the war based on again? Not Muslims, but radicals...jihadists. The war is not against people of the Muslim faith, which is entirely different than that of the radicals and jihadists. SO...he didn't want to fight radicals, why? Because they shared his faith and deranged beliefs.
BUT...
Then again, let's look at it in this perspective...Even if I just overanalyzed the issue of faith...

If it was simply that he did not want to go overseas and fight this war......Why oh why, did this man not shout, "I will not deploy", "I will not fight", "I do not want to be in the military", "I have been treated badly by the military" "I disagree with this war"?????? No, instead, he shouted the jihadist war cry, "Allah is Great".....This was not simply a religious statement....He wanted his victims to know exactly what he was and this is my opinion only. I apologize to anyone who feels strongly against my opinion, but I do not know enough of the Muslim religion to say anything negative to the particular religion itself. What I do know, is this war is not against Muslims, but against radicals. It was the radicals this "man" shared faith with IMO and he made that clear....MOO

oh and can i just say that i think the pc attitude of our great nation has turned dangerously into a big giant propaganda machine. ack ack ack
So very true. We rarely hear about the evils that evangelical Christians commit in the name of their god.

The nine-year-old boy lay on a bloodstained hospital sheet crawling with ants, staring blindly at the wall. His family pastor had accused him of being a witch, and his father then tried to force acid down his throat as an exorcism. It spilled as he struggled, burning away his face and eyes. The emaciated boy barely had strength left to whisper the name of the church that had denounced him -- Mount Zion Lighthouse. A month later, he died. Nwanaokwo Edet was one of an increasing number of children in Africa accused of witchcraft by pastors and then tortured or killed, often by family members. Pastors were involved in half of 200 cases of "witch children" reviewed by the AP, and 13 churches were named in the case files.

Apparently, this is a persistent crime in Africa. The idea of witchcraft is hardly new, but it has taken on new life recently partly because of a rapid growth in evangelical Christianity there. Estimates indicate that around 15,000 children have been accused in two of Nigeria’s 36 states over the past decade and around 1,000 have been murdered. In the past month alone, three Nigerian children accused of witchcraft were killed and another three were set on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg