GUILTY TX - Michael, 54, & Lynda Walton, 52, found slain in their Katy home, 29 May 2014

Such a tragedy! I know folks who know this family and this child. How does it get to this? What can put a stop to it? My gut keeps telling me better mental health awareness, care and treatment, but I don't know. I just hurt so much for these families, and know in my heart, there but for the grace of God go I.

Once these kids turn 18 parents have virtually no way to involve themselves in helping them. No one will talk to you because of Hipaa laws. They are adults and as their parents you have no rights unless you can deem them a harm to themselves or those around them and get a court to grant you power of attorney but it's very, very hard to do. Even if you do get this power and can get them institutionalized, most of the places they end up are worse than the alternatives sometimes. Unless you can self pay for private help...often $200+ dollars a day, placing them in state run facilities can actually make things worse. They are herded into giant day rooms where unspeakable acts are performed in front of them with very little intervention. They receive about 10 minutes a day with a counselor and are given diagnosis with very little contact and then are placed on meds that turn them into drooling zombies. They're kept often for about 10 days to 2 weeks then turned loose. If they don't give permission for parents to be notified (because they hate you for baker acting them into these places to begin with) they are released to shelters that keep them for a week or so then release them on the streets. Sad but true. Been there, picked up the pieces weeks later.

Parents of "kids" like this live a heart broken life. They see the mental illness but often can do nothing to intervene. I, unfortunately, live this everyday. I've tried everything but the mentally ill most often don't know they're mentally ill and until they end up in a mental institution through Baker Acts or jail you just have to watch from the sidelines while your heart breaks over and over.

Once these kids turn 18 parents have virtually no way to involve themselves in helping them. No one will talk to you because of Hipaa laws. They are adults and as their parents you have no rights unless you can deem them a harm to themselves or those around them and get a court to grant you power of attorney but it's very, very hard to do. Even if you do get this power and can get them institutionalized, most of the places they end up are worse than the alternatives sometimes. Unless you can self pay for private help...often $200+ dollars a day, placing them in state run facilities can actually make things worse. They are herded into giant day rooms where unspeakable acts are performed in front of them with very little intervention. They receive about 10 minutes a day with a counselor and are given diagnosis with very little contact and then are placed on meds that turn them into drooling zombies. They're kept often for about 10 days to 2 weeks then turned loose. If they don't give permission for parents to be notified (because they hate you for baker acting them into these places to begin with) they are released to shelters that keep them for a week or so then release them on the streets. Sad but true. Been there, picked up the pieces weeks later.

Parents of "kids" like this live a heart broken life. They see the mental illness but often can do nothing to intervene. I, unfortunately, live this everyday. I've tried everything but the mentally ill most often don't know they're mentally ill and until they end up in a mental institution through Baker Acts or jail you just have to watch from the sidelines while your heart breaks over and over.

My heart hurts with you my friend......the system of HIPPA/Parents needs fixed. I have an adult daughter that is going through this also.

My heart hurts with you my friend......the system of HIPPA/Parents needs fixed. I have an adult daughter that is going through this also.

I'll add you to my daily prayers. It's so hard to even get out of bed these days because I know as soon as I do I'll have to face the dozens of crazy texts sent my way. This is my beautiful daughter who was my best friend for so long and now hates me. I hope you're situation isn't as bad or that you can find help where you are. It's so hard to find the strength anymore for the fight...especially when there just seems to be a dark place at the end of the tunnel. Prayers for us all.

I'll add you to my daily prayers. It's so hard to even get out of bed these days because I know as soon as I do I'll have to face the dozens of crazy texts sent my way. This is my beautiful daughter who was my best friend for so long and now hates me. I hope you're situation isn't as bad or that you can find help where you are. It's so hard to find the strength anymore for the fight...especially when there just seems to be a dark place at the end of the tunnel. Prayers for us all.

I am so sad that this is your reality. Wish there was something I could do. Just know I care that you and your daughter are suffering, and will pray for hope and healing for you both, and for all who are in such impossible circumstances.

I am so sad that this is your reality. Wish there was something I could do. Just know I care that you and your daughter are suffering, and will pray for hope and healing for you both, and for all who are in such impossible circumstances.

Me too.

My heart breaks for you, Reality Orlando and Passion flower... And any more of you .... As you face these challenges ....

:praying:

I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through, Orlando:tears: Reading cases like this must be so painful for you.

Sending hope and strength your way :hug:

My heart hurts with you too, passionflower. I'm so sorry that you and your dear daughter are dealing with this, I can't even imagine. You must feel so helpless. We can only hope that tragic cases like this will bring about some kind of change.

Has there been any information released as to any prior issues with this young man. Was he in treatment of any kind? Has there been any statement from the other siblings. I just can't believe the lack of information/interest in this case. jmo

Has there been any information released as to any prior issues with this young man. Was he in treatment of any kind? Has there been any statement from the other siblings. I just can't believe the lack of information/interest in this case. jmo

I haven't seen much in the local news other than what we already know, but I haven't been staying on top of this case like I would be normally, especially since I started the thread. I've been a little under the weather.

I saw an aerial video of their house and will post it when I feel well enough to move my little fingers and I come down from my Nyquil high. It is gorgeous and enormous. Really stunning. Guess we never really know what goes on behind closed doors, do we?

I'll do some more digging into their background, too.

I haven't seen much in the local news other than what we already know, but I haven't been staying on top of this case like I would be normally, especially since I started the thread. I've been a little under the weather.

I saw an aerial video of their house and will post it when I feel well enough to move my little fingers and I come down from my Nyquil high. It is gorgeous and enormous. Really stunning. Guess we never really know what goes on behind closed doors, do we?

I'll do some more digging into their background, too.

SNOODS, feel better soon.

Snoods...

Here is some chocolate cake...

Chocolate heals all ills...

:cake4u:

:loveyou:

Michael and Lynda Walton who were found murdered in their home.

7ed87d4b-11f5-4862-8f8d-90a7a9b09b5c.jpgx

Son Ryan, who has admitted to the murders and is in police custody.

fort-bend-cty-double-homicide-with-mug.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/son-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-parents-in-katy-texas/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-texas-man-confessed-to-parents-slaying-rifle-found/

A Texas man has confessed to killing his parents in the prominent couple's Katy mansion, police tell CBS News' Crimesider.

Michael Walton, 54, and Lynda Walton, 52, were found shot to death in their $1.4 million home Thursday. Ryan Robert Walton, 20, one of the couple's four children, was arrested during a traffic stop Saturday about 20 miles south of Katy. He was driving a BMW automobile registered to his parents.

Ryan Walton confessed to the slayings within hours of his arrest, Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told Crimesider.

Nehls also said that Ryan Walton had previous conflicts with family members. He also left home about three weeks prior to the shootings.

"There appeared to be some issues Ryan was having with his parents," Nehls said.

The home -- nicknamed "The Governor's Mansion" because Michael Walton was the developer of the subdivision in which they lived- wasn't ransacked. The only thing missing was the BMW, Nehls said, which investigators saw on surveillance video leaving the gated subdivision around 9 a.m. Thursday.

He didn't try to fight or flee during his arrest, Nehls said. As police questioned him, he appeared calm.

Walton is now being held without bond on two counts of murder. KHOU reports Ryan Walton was arrested for marijuana possession in 2011, but Nehls said police hadn't been called to the couple's home before the shootings.

A motive in the slayings isn't yet known, he said.

Michael and Lynda Walton who were found murdered in their home.

7ed87d4b-11f5-4862-8f8d-90a7a9b09b5c.jpgx

Son Ryan, who has admitted to the murders and is in police custody.

fort-bend-cty-double-homicide-with-mug.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/son-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-parents-in-katy-texas/

From the outside appeared this family had it all, beautiful home, four children, still married. It's a cliche I know but just don't know the horror living behind closed doors. I wonder if the other siblings knew he was capable of this type of violence. Jmo

ciao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back