TX - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder of Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
07/22/2013 ORDER HOLD DEF AT NO BOND GRANTED :woohoo:

Bond Amount - $0.00
Next/Last Setting Date - Jury Trial - 8/9/2013

Now the new filing has all of it.
So when checking go to the one filed on 7/18/2013... everything after that is on that file.
The other one still has everything before 7/18/2013. :seeya:

so so sorry totally off topic here...could someone please tell me where to go to find out hot to start my own threadmy own topic..???????????/

Sure. Go to the forum you want to start a thread in. For example, if it is a "Currently Awaiting Trial", you'd go back to that.
Scrolling down a little, you will see a button on the left that says "new thread".
Click that and begin, just make suure you are putting it in the right place... Missing, Located, Trials, etc.

This is strange. Why a reindictment?

Hi!

Can you explain this to me? How do you know it's a reindictment? Maybe I'm just dense or looking at the wrong thing.....any help would be appreciated!

Okay. I think I get it? Is it because the dates are different?

thanks

zoomom, MsFacetious noticed it:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9690415&postcount=300"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder of Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 #12[/ame]

As far as I can tell, re-indictment is used to enhance or add charges, or because a grand jury was used, or because of new discovery. Maybe it is because they noticed she had bond available (mistake?) and fixed it.... I have no clue.

But I hope someone will chime in who actually knows.

There is absolutely nothing in the news that I can find. Are TX reporters hung up on such important stuff as the latest celebrity troubles or the baby prince or WHAT?

This case ought to have some importance!

The only thing I can think of is if they have to go to trial within a certain amount of time or file a Re-indictment?
However I would think it would need to be refiled on 12.29?
I don't know.

This was hands down the most depraved act I have ever known about. I think about Jonathan all of the time. I realize that most people want to forget. I know they shrink from the details.

I appreciate your core group very very much-Jonathan deserves all of the recognition he can get.

Bumping for Jonathan. I didn't forget, kiddo. I will be here when the trial starts.

Mona Nelson is one of the few women who kill someone else's children, not their own. There have been many women who kill their own children.

Other examples of women who kill someone else's children
Gertrude Baniszewski-Sylvia Likens
Melissa Huckaby-Sandra Cantu
Lori Drew-Megan Meier
Yoselyn Ortega-Lucia and Leo Krim
Myra Hindley-Moors Murders
Renee King-Lily Almos and Maleeya Marie Murley
Elisa Baker-Zahra Baker
Louise Woodward-Matthew Eappen
Genene Jones-Killed Babies As A Nurse

It would be interesting to do a profile on these people. Some were mob leaders like Baniszewski, Drew, and Baker. What I know from Drew, Baniszewski, and Ortega are they are highly volatile, envious, and severely repressed.

All the usual stuff is going on.

Motion to suppress.
Compelling medical records.
Additional funds for investigators.

Jury trial still saying it's set for August 9th.

8/1/2013 - waiver trial by jury granted

That means a judge will hear the case, that she waived a jury, correct?

8/1/2013 - waiver trial by jury granted

That means a judge will hear the case, that she waived a jury, correct?

Yes I believe you are correct. Interesting move, but a smart move in regards to her defense, a jury would chew her up and spit her out. She has better chances in front of a judge for a lessor time. I'm assuming that is their game plan.....

Yes I believe you are correct. Interesting move, but a smart move in regards to her defense, a jury would chew her up and spit her out. She has better chances in front of a judge for a lessor time. I'm assuming that is their game plan.....

Generally for crimes this horrific they choose a judge.
The theory is that a jury is more likely to let emotion influence their decision.
While a judge is less likely to do that.
I would be happy to help with her sentence. I have two uncles with welding torches. :seeya:

Justice for Jonathan. I can't believe how long it has been coming.

Rest in Peace, sweet boy. :(

Jonathan_Fosters_13_540x405.jpg

Does anyone know how a trial by judge works? (I mean operations-wise). Do they still have an open courtroom? Does it last as long as a jury trial? Do they still have side-bars if there is no jury to overhear arguments regarding possible objections? I'm not trying to be dense, - this case really got to me and I've never seen a trial by judge. I'm afraid its all going to be over and done with by lunchtime....behind closed doors.

Which I don't know if I would consider to be proper Justice for Jonathan.

(Not that I'm dissing the Court or S.A. in any way). It bothers me greatly that this whole case has seemed to stay under the radar. I know it's just me, but it makes me feel like this case didn't matter as much as some others. Despicable and heart-breaking. I want giant flood-lights in her face while they tell the whole world what she did. With nowhere to hide. Like a cockroach. Not anymore. No disrespect to cockroaches.

I feel ill, I really do.

Jonathan, I never knew about how wonderful you were until today buddy. I will be with your family in spirit in that courtroom. X every single day until she is sentenced.

One thing I was never clear on, was exactly how she killed him. Did she burn him while still alive? That's just horrendous. Or did she kill him first somehow then try to burn him up? Hate typing those words but wth?? And did she ever give a reason as to why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels