TX TX - Monica Carrasco, 16, Balmorhea, 1 Oct 2003

That is very true-she's such a beautiful girl, could she have been taken for human trafficking?

Thinking of Monica and her family during this holiday season, which I'm sure does not get any easier than the last. I would love to see her featured as a case spotlight on here.

So glad it is reopened, I'll be honest, I never knew it was closed. Someone knows something. Her disappearance is so baffling, I don't even know where to start!
Thoughts?

What happened to Monica? Gone way too long.

Personally, I think either someone lured her out of the house or she suffered from something like a mental breakdown considering her issues. Such a baffling case. There are so many possibilities what could have happened that night and after. Murder, suicide, human trafficking etc.

That uncle seems kind of suspicious as well. Maybe he's had enough of Monica, a troubled teenage girl who's been struggling and might not have been the "easiest" person to deal with. Like I said, baffling.

Such a pretty girl though.

Her disappearance sometimes reminds me of Asha Degree's from Feb 2000 NC.

I heard about Monica's disapperance years ago, about the same time I heard of Gina Dejesus'. I alwaysthink about her, and the recent recovery of the Cleveland girls gives me hope!

I'd like to know if they ever investigated the uncle's possible role in Monica's disappearance since he didn't pass the lie detector test.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/22176469/ten-year-old-cold-case-is-reopen

Posted: May 06, 2013 6:51 PM CDT Updated: May 07, 2013 3:31 PM CDT

Former City Manager of Balmorhea, Abel Baeza, is Monica's uncle. When asked if Abel Baeza was a prime suspect in the case, Sheriff Granado said everyone is a suspect right now. "Right now everybody is. I mean we are trying to get interviews from everybody so we can start eliminating people. Right now, everybody is a suspect," Granado said.

Video & more at link.

What a beautiful girl, I'm still amazed. I hope she's found peace wherever that may be.

Monica, you are not forgotten! SOmewhere out there, someone knows where you are and why.

Thinking of Monica. We WILL bring you home!!!

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Blog
http://blog.missingkids.com/post/98970788605/yesterday-marked-11-years-since-monica-carrasco
Posted 10/2/2014
Yesterday marked 11 years since Monica Carrasco was last seen. NCMEC, law enforcement, her family and friends continue searching for her. When Monica was last seen she had a small mole on her left cheek, a chicken pox scar on her forehead near her hairline, and pierced ears.
Monica’s family helps to keep the search active with a Facebook page dedicated to her.
Do you have any information about Monica? Call us at 1-800-843-5678. Calls can be made anonymously.

I also found an older article on the uncle - http://www.newswest9.com/story/22089286/balmorhea-city-secretary-arrested
Arrested for theft of property and missing funds while he was employed by the City of Balmorhea. This occurred in April 2013 and I don't see any recent updates.

This is upsetting.

If Monica truly left of her own volition, then I believe she was suffering psychosis --not meeting up with someone, not running away.

We heard so little from the aunt and uncle, the last people to see her.

It seems neither of them were named as POIs, but we're they invested at all? Was anyone in the family investigated? It seems she has a very loving family, but all it takes is one person...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back