GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

slow wheels of justice

<snip>

GALVESTON — About 1,200 prospective jury pool members appeared Wednesday at the Galveston County Courthouse as proceedings got under way for the second capital murder trial in the death of 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers, known as Baby Grace until her body was identified.

Galveston County District Judge David Garner was concerned that publicity about the case might make it difficult to find an unbiased jury pool. Garner asked 1,200 new prospective jury pool members to report each day for three days, said Bonnie Quiroga, Galveston County justice administration director.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6667416.html

<snip>

By Chris Paschenko
The Daily News
Published October 28, 2009

GALVESTON — A jury of nine men and three women was selected Tuesday to hear the capital murder trial of a man accused in the slaying of “Baby Grace.”

Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 26, was charged with capital murder and tampering with physical evidence in the July 25, 2007, death of his 2-year-old stepdaughter, Riley Ann Sawyers.

more here

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=06894bec6f0c7732

He should have pled guilty. Given the sentences being handed down in TX lately for crimes involving children, he was better off pleading this one out...JMO.

I hope we hear another 'guilty' verdict any minute!

<snip>

November 06, 2009, 1:51PM

GALVESTON, Texas — A jury began deliberations in the Galveston capital murder trial of a man charged in the 2007 death of his 2-year-old stepdaughter.

Royce Clyde Zeigler II of Spring did not testify before the case went to jurors on Friday.

more here

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2009/11/deliberations_in_baby_grace_tr.html

I knew in my heart that the jury would *not* be fooled by that Zeigler & his lame-azz excuses & lies.

Justice was served today.

Rest in Peace, sweet little Riley.

So relieved to read this tonight. Some measure of justice is served. Is it enough? No, but it's all we can get. I still have to catch my breath when I read about Riley's last day on earth. This one just gets to me. RIP sweet girl.

So relieved to read this tonight. Some measure of justice is served. Is it enough? No, but it's all we can get. I still have to catch my breath when I read about Riley's last day on earth. This one just gets to me. RIP sweet girl.

Me too. This case just bothers me so much, and has gotten to me like no other.

I can't imagine as mom, letting anyone do this to my child, let alone participate.

I am glad that justice was served in her case. Mom and step-dad both guilty. RIP Riley.

if only they both could have a good discipline session that resulted in their deaths. Even that is too good for these low lifes. This little girl has been in my heart since day one. I have cried many tears for her. I can only imagine the hell she lived in and suffered her last day on earth. RIP little angel, you will always be next to my heart.

Thank God, justice again for Riley ! I think of this angel every day, and wear a bracelet in support of her. I hope that with this verdict, her dear grandmother, Sheryl, can move beyond this part of the tragedy and find some healing and some peace.

RIP sweet angel, RIP.

thinking of Riley Ann tonight

RIP baby girl

riley ann sawyers.jpg

And that's that.

It's always such a let down for me when the verdict is read. I am always glad that the murderers are brought to justice don't get me wrong.

But the baby is still gone. forever. What a senseless atrocity. Not a waste but an atrocity that this child is just gone. Forever.

This case is on Discovery ID right now. So freakin sad. Makes me think of Caylee Anthony...a beautiful 2 year old found in garbage bags. Not reported by her mother. Turns out mother killed her.

This case is on Discovery ID right now. So freakin sad. Makes me think of Caylee Anthony...a beautiful 2 year old found in garbage bags. Not reported by her mother. Turns out mother killed her.

And yet no one knows the name Kimberly Trenor, and few know Riley Ann's name...why is this??

I am watching a show about Riley right now - from the point she was found as Baby Grace
HOW SAD !!!
This is so awful - she had people that loved and wanted her but instead these monsters had her and killed her !

OMG They are reenacting what happened and showing the actual tape of the mother talking to police
I just want to scream !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gio1tobey
Back