GUILTY TX - Ronald Shumway, 57, found buried at his Dallas home, 23 April 2015

Hoping someone with better sleuthing skills than me can find out what happened with Christopher Colbert.

Did he go to trial, was he sentenced?

I was hoping for justice for Ron, but I can't find anything on Colbert since mid-2016, not on any inmate lists, no news updates, no mentions of him on any family SM pages that I can find.

Full name Christopher Brian Colbert, born 1972, originally from Tahlequah, OK, lived in Texas since early 90s.
His brother is former sheriff for Wagoner County, OK, he got into trouble around the same time CC was arrested.

:thinking: :waitasec: :dunno:

Hoping someone with better sleuthing skills than me can find out what happened with Christopher Colbert.

Did he go to trial, was he sentenced?

I was hoping for justice for Ron, but I can't find anything on Colbert since mid-2016, not on any inmate lists, no news updates, no mentions of him on any family SM pages that I can find.

Full name Christopher Brian Colbert, born 1972, originally from Tahlequah, OK, lived in Texas since early 90s.
His brother is former sheriff for Wagoner County, OK, he got into trouble around the same time CC was arrested.

:thinking: :waitasec: :dunno:

He is currently in Dallas County Jail awaiting trial. Here is the link to his booking info:

https://www.dallascounty.org/jaillo...ERT&firstName=CHRISTOPHER&sex=Male&race=White

Thank you!
I can't access the page, or a few other US sites, don't know why...

Is there a date for trial or any other info/ dates?

I don't know, that information isn't included in the inmate information. If I had to speculate, I would say a trial date has not been set yet since it's only been a year since his arrest and murder trials (provided he goes to trial, his attorney may try to work out a plea agreement, which is likely since he confessed to the crime, going to trial would be kinda pointless unless the prosecutor refuses to accept his version of the events that led to the death, in which case Colbert might want to bring it to trial to get a better sentence then whatever the prosecutor is offering) tend to take a couple of years to go to court. MOO

I don't know, that information isn't included in the inmate information. If I had to speculate, I would say a trial date has not been set yet since it's only been a year since his arrest and murder trials (provided he goes to trial, his attorney may try to work out a plea agreement, which is likely since he confessed to the crime, going to trial would be kinda pointless unless the prosecutor refuses to accept his version of the events that led to the death, in which case Colbert might want to bring it to trial to get a better sentence then whatever the prosecutor is offering) tend to take a couple of years to go to court. MOO

Oh right.
I was thinking since it's been almost two years and like you said he confessed it'd be quick.
Thanks for looking it up :wave:

Wow, I had lost track of this case. Thanks for bumping!

Here is what I found:

*His attorney is listed as Paul Brauchle.
*His last court date was 10/30/2017 (pass).
*Next date is set for 3/19/2018 at 8am.
*There was defendant correspondence on 12/8/2017. :thinking:
*The state held a witness who was in custody(?) :dunno: for a week (who shall not be named, because... TOS) in August 2017 and subsequently released them a week later.

The case # for the murder charge is F-1675411 (will save you a step).

https://www.dallascounty.org/services/record-search/

IANAL :seeya:

He got 25 years for murder and same for theft of property. That sounds so wrong but that's what it was.

Christopher Brian Colbert
Maximum sentence
25 years
Projected release date 3/13/2041

Christopher Brian Colbert | Texas Prison Inmates | The Texas Tribune

Man who killed Ron Shumway, buried him in concrete, sentenced to 25 years - Oak Cliff
The Dallas Morning News reports that Colbert also pleaded guilty to tampering with a government record, securing execution of a document by deception and money laundering. He was sentenced to 20 years for each of those crimes, but it’s unclear whether he will serve those sentences at the same time as the murder conviction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back