Found Deceased TX - Sara Goodwin, 18, Houston, 6 Feb 2022

Man allegedly strangled, dismembered missing Houston woman

A missing Houston woman was strangled and dismembered by a man who burned his house down while trying to kill himself, court documents show.

Henry David Cossette, 28, was charged Monday with murder, arson and tampering with evidence in the death of Sara Goodwin, 19, who was reported missing on Feb. 6, according to court documents obtained by KPRC.

Cossette, of Houston, allegedly strangled the young woman before mutilating her corpse and hiding her remains. He then set fire to his apartment on Saturday, KHOU reported.

Cossette, who was booked into Harris County Jail on Monday, is being held without bond ahead of a court date set for Wednesday, online records show. It’s unclear if he’s hired an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

From above link.

After court Thursday, Cossette's attorney said everything is not the way it seems.

"At this point, he had indicated that this was a self-defense situation. I haven't had an opportunity to do my own investigation to see the facts, but this is America and everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law," said attorney Kevin Howard.

Hmmm ok then. Looking forward to hearing his version.

Is strangling someone often a defensive act? I think of it more as an offensive move.

Dismembering a body, and setting a house on fire with you in it vs. calling authorities to report the alleged "crime against you" doesn't seem like a defensive move either. Or logical. Or believable. (MOO)

Just so I'm clear, you're saying that an average "predator" will kidnap a person and then linger in the area for an extended period, right?

To be clear these people said they saw the same car/individual with a gun in the area before and after the abduction of sara. Even if it was lingering i dont believe those claims should be dismissed as impossible.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A 29-year-old man was sentenced to 45 years in prison for strangling and dismembering an 18-year-old Spring woman, then hiding her remains.

Last week, Henry David Cossette was convicted during a two-day bench trial in the murder of Sara Goodwin, who was killed on Feb. 6, 2022.

Cossette met Goodwin on what's known as the Bissonnet Track in southwest Houston, an infamous area for prostitution and human trafficking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamtom
Back