Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m feeling the shootings happened elsewhere. The car seemed relatively clean and intact from the videos we’ve seen. No obvious bullet holes or shattered windows. Not sure how two people could have been shot in the car with the result looking like nothing occurred in the vehicle. Although we haven’t seen the driver’s side, to be fair.

IMO, I just feel it happened elsewhere and then someone drove the car to where it ended up, after dragging them back into the car. They needed to relocate the car seat to accommodate him potentially on the back seat.
I tend to agree, but one major issue I have is a body being left on the front seat at all. That’s a good way to be spotted if you’re transporting the deceased victims from the location they were murdered.

BBM
This makes me think they we’re on their way to the hospital, she was holding the car seat on her lap (weird IMO), and they stopped on the way for a “work” meetup. It went sideways, he was shot & thrown into the backseat, she was shot as she still sat in the front, and they were driven to the apartment complex and car was dumped. But why would she be carrying a car seat on her lap in the front seat in the first place? Why not put it in the back on the way to the hospital? Strange.
All speculation on my part. Maybe they left home for a "work meetup". Didn't she leave her phone and purse at the house? They weren't expecting to be gone long. They arrive at the designated spot and there are 2 people (perps). One shoots the breeze with her (either standing outside the car or in the driver's seat). The other sits in the back with LV to conduct a transaction/talk, etc (reason why the car seat had been handed to her). And they're then both murdered.
Or could it be that they met up with 3 other people. One is a female and she drives or sits up front, while she and SS talk in the front. LV and the other two sit in back, discussing or handling business. And at some point both are shot. In this scenario, the female is someone SS is comfortable / cool with (and maybe trusts enough to let her drive her vehicle).
I'm betting on cops using digital evidence to determine whom they spoke to and where they've been. Hopefully a quick solve.

I tend to agree, but one major issue I have is a body being left on the front seat at all. That’s a good way to be spotted if you’re transporting the deceased victims from the location they were murdered.
That’s for sure! Maybe they put the car seat over her head or she was wearing a hoodie they pulled up. And maybe we need confirmation she was indeed located on the front seat. Not sure that’s been confirmed. I’ve also read in the trunk but not from reliable sources.

I dunno, someone could shoot someone in the back of the head as they were distracted putting a car seat in the car and then shove the body into the backseat and shoot themselves in the drivers seat. Still playing a bit of devils advocate until we know more.
If the vehicle belonged to the boyfriend, the car seat should have been buckled and tethered in. Mom’s bag and purse (ID/Insurance Card) should be with the mom-to-be.

Do you think the market on the corner would have outdoor cameras, or other homes along the route to their apartment that may pick up street activity?
That store looks a bit run down. It looks like it has a camera pointing towards the dumpster. (If it works) Store cameras are anti-theft oriented. However people using dumpsters are a real problem.

The homes are more likely to have cameras.

Last edited:

12/27/23

Here is a timeline of the current information:

• Friday, December 22 18-year-old Savanah Soto was last seen at her apartment complex off Grissom Rd in Leon Valley. That is the last time her family reports having talked to her.
  • Her family reported her missing on Saturday after she failed to show up to be induced at a local hospital.
  • On Christmas day, Soto’s family organized a search party for her -- pleading for police and the public to help find her.
  • On Tuesday, Soto’s sister-in-law, Joanie Wasil, said she received a tip via Facebook about the location of the car Soto was last seen in.
  • The tipster indicated it was parked at an apartment complex off Danny Kaye drive, which is three miles Northeast from her apartment.
  • When Wasil arrived, she found two bodies in the car.
  • She said they had each been shot.
  • Wasil told us the bodies were that of Soto and her 22-year-old boyfriend, Matthew Guerra.
  • The Medical Examiner has not yet confirmed their identities, nor their cause of the death, but police have told us the woman's unborn baby also died.
Soto's family is hosting a vigil on Thursday, December 28 at 4pm at Kenwood Park.

Ok, if true, this changes things in a big way. We're talking a likely execution style double murder at a separate location, and their bodies being dumped in the vehicle afterwards:

Crime scene details​

Soto's brother, Jordan Corona, told CBS News that police told him there was no weapon found at the scene, and that both Guerra and Soto were shot in the back of the head.

Laura Cordova said a detective told her that Guerra was found slumped over in the backseat of the vehicle, and that Soto was in the front.

Soto was holding a car seat, according to her mother.

"She had the car seat on her lap, so she was going to the hospital," Gloria Cordova said.

Police have said that the car might have been at the location where it was found "possibly for three or four days."

Did she have possession of a car seat before she went missing? Most hospitals won't let you leave without seeing the car seat in the vehicle.

Didn't she leave her phone and purse at the house? They weren't expecting to be gone long.

This is an excellent point about a detail I'd forgotten. It seems like if she were going to the hospital or somewhere with the BF, she'd have her phone/purse with her. I can't imagine any 18-year-old (or most anyone else) going somewhere without their phone. That seems to me to indicate going somewhere against her will. Just my opinion!

BBM
This makes me think they we’re on their way to the hospital, she was holding the car seat on her lap (weird IMO), and they stopped on the way for a “work” meetup. It went sideways, he was shot & thrown into the backseat, she was shot as she still sat in the front, and they were driven to the apartment complex and car was dumped. But why would she be carrying a car seat on her lap in the front seat in the first place? Why not put it in the back on the way to the hospital? Strange.
But if she was on her way to the hospital why wouldn't she have her hospital bag, purse or phone?

This is an excellent point about a detail I'd forgotten. It seems like if she were going to the hospital or somewhere with the BF, she'd have her phone/purse with her. I can't imagine any 18-year-old (or most anyone else) going somewhere without their phone. That seems to me to indicate going somewhere against her will. Just my opinion!
Exactly. The mother said early on her hospital bag was left at the apartment although I’m not sure how she knew that if no one entered the apartment including LE for days …..

Maybe they went out to pick up the car seat and head back home quickly and she forgot her purse/phone but didn’t go back because they weren’t planning to be gone long? Then while out, he got a call for “work” and something went horribly wrong? Just a thought that popped in my head on why she had a car seat but not her hospital bag?

Maybe they went out to pick up the car seat and head back home quickly and she forgot her purse/phone but didn’t go back because they weren’t planning to be gone long? Then while out, he got a call for “work” and something went horribly wrong? Just a thought that popped in my head on why she had a car seat but not her hospital bag?
Just MOO but most teenagers don’t walk from one room to the other without taking their phone with them.

The fact that her phone and purse were left behind makes me think she was rushed out the door without the opportunity to grab them.

JMO

Did she have possession of a car seat before she went missing? Most hospitals won't let you leave without seeing the car seat in the vehicle.
From what I’ve read, many hospitals will show new parents how to properly install and use a car seat, and some even have parents bring in the car seat to inspect it.
It’s possible that this couple wasn’t sure how to install it in the car and were planning to get help doing so at the hospital. This could explain it being present but not secured in the vehicle.

JMO

• On Tuesday, Soto’s sister-in-law, Joanie Wasil, said she received a tip via Facebook about the location of the car Soto was last seen in.
  • The tipster indicated it was parked at an apartment complex off Danny Kaye drive, which is three miles Northeast from her apartment.
  • When Wasil arrived, she found two bodies in the car.

If this is true, I am curious why drive to the apartment complex first before notifying LE about the tip and letting them check it out? It could have been dangerous for her to just show up there, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592