TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

All speculation on my part to follow, but I don't like how this immediately makes me think of the Entwistle case. I wonder if they had a lot of debt? If they at some point possibly did fertility treatments, that's quite a bit of money. Also, Colorado is expensive, although I don't know if Fort Worth is any better? Neither of their careers seem the kind usually requiring such a move, so there must be other reasons, I think. Can't wait to hear more details... they need justice. Rest in peace, Shanna and Diederik. :(

Janet, the Entwistle case is what first came to my mind and I pray I am wrong.
Godspeed Shanna and wee Diederik :angel:

Only a monster from the bowels of hell can do something this evil.

It appears to actually be Fort Worth. It's NE of Saginaw. Neighborhood is called Chisholm Ridge. Assigned high school is Saginaw though. So it seems a bit of a borderline case? Where people might think it is Saginaw?

Re. Q1 I have the same questions as you.

Not questioning you or any sleuther here, just trying to decipher a confusing MSM report conflicting w other sources.
Saginaw is 8 mi. N of FtW, per wiki*
House is in north FtW, per MSM.**

Sorry, did not intend to split hairs here and detail is likely of no consequence.

Not questioning you or any sleuther here, just trying to decipher a confusing MSM report conflicting w other sources.
Saginaw is 8 mi. N of FtW, per wiki*
House is in north FtW, per MSM.**

Sorry, did not intend to split hairs here and detail is likely of no consequence.

You're fine, detail is good. What I did was I went to Google maps and typed in Saginaw, TX and the neighborhood where the Vandewege's lived is outside of the perimeter Google maps gave me. It may or may not be correct. Saginaw appears a bit NW whereas Chisholm Ridge is a tad more NE (of Ft Worth). But CR and Saginaw do seem to have mutualities (is that a word?) - i.e. CR kids would go to Saginaw middle/high school (but CR elementary).

I think I understand where you're going with this (emphasis on I think). Something about it bugs me anyway, but I can't find a good way to word it.

ETA: also, addresses within the Saginaw perimeter from Google maps showed up with 'Saginaw, TX' as the city, whereas CR addresses showed up with 'Fort Worth, TX' as the city.

Still trying to find info about 911 routing, but will have to take a sleep break since I'm currently in Europe and it's 2:30am here. :eek:fftobed:

Q1.
Quote below suggests (or mis-states?) that the "caller" was not same person as "man" who "came home" and found them. Yes? No? Article does not say caller says "he" called. Am I misinterpreting? Was it poss'ly 2 diff persons? Anyone, clearer elsewhere? TIA.

"Fort Worth police went to the house in the 8500 block of Cactus Flower Drive in north Fort Worth after receiving a call from Saginaw police around 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The caller said a man had come home and found a woman and child dead, said Officer Daniel Segura, a Fort Worth police spokesman."

rsbm I was reading this again and I wonder if this is what happened:

the quote says "The caller said a man had come home and found a woman and child dead, said Officer Daniel Segura, a Fort Worth police spokesman".

Officer Segura received the call from Saginaw PD. I'm thinking Segura is possibly referring to whoever called him from Saginaw PD as 'the caller'. So Segura is basically saying "Saginaw PD said a man had come home and found a woman and child dead".

Could that be it?

rsbm I was reading this again and I wonder if this is what happened:

the quote says "The caller said a man had come home and found a woman and child dead, said Officer Daniel Segura, a Fort Worth police spokesman".

Officer Segura received the call from Saginaw PD. I'm thinking Segura is possibly referring to whoever called him from Saginaw PD as 'the caller'. So Segura is basically saying "Saginaw PD said a man had come home and found a woman and child dead".

Could that be it?

Yes, yes, yes, entirely poss. Thanks for your thought.

Hope this ok to post. From reading some comments on FB, it looks like she worked at St Joseph's hospital in Denver, CO and then at Texas Health Huguley.

This is a very strange case. I've lived in this area for over ten years. My daughter attended Chisholm Ridge Elementary the school in the neighborhood and has many friends in this neighborhood. This is a very safe, extremely boring neighborhood in far North Fort Worth. Crimes like this do not happen here. Most of the homes in this area are new and this area has grown rapidly. It used to be more rural 20 years ago (empty fields/cattle) but is now booming with lots of new tract homes and shopping centers. This area (far North Fort Worth) is not known for violent crime, home invasions or murders and is a middle to upper middle class area of Fort Worth. IMO this was not random crime and I would bet she knew her killer intimately. I believe her spouse was involved in this. Costco is less than 5 minutes away from the home (8900 Tehama Ridge Parkway). I hope some of the homes near hers had surveillance cameras. How very sad for her family...

This is a very strange case. I've lived in this area for over ten years. My daughter attended Chisholm Ridge Elementary the school in the neighborhood and has many friends in this neighborhood. This is a very safe, extremely boring neighborhood in far North Fort Worth. Crimes like this do not happen here. Most of the homes in this area are new and this area has grown rapidly. It used to be more rural 20 years ago (empty fields/cattle) but is now booming with lots of new tract homes and shopping centers. This area (far North Fort Worth) is not known for violent crime, home invasions or murders and is a middle to upper middle class area of Fort Worth. IMO this was not random crime and I would bet she knew her killer intimately. I believe her spouse was involved in this. Costco is less than 5 minutes away from the home. How very sad for her family...

I agree with u. I live in the area too (Keller). I mean who kills an infant? The Costco is so close to their house. I hope I'm wrong but the husband is the obvious suspect. Whoever did this needs to be executed with no trial.

I agree with u. I live in the area too (Keller). I mean who kills an infant? The Costco is so close to their house. I hope I'm wrong but the husband is the obvious suspect. Whoever did this needs to be executed with no trial.

I totally agree. Whoever did this will get the death penalty for sure in Texas. Just pure evil. IMO this was not random. There are lots of surveillance cameras at Costco/Alliance Town Center and probably in their neighborhood too.

With regard to police jurisdiction, although there are smaller towns like Keller, Saginaw, Blue Mound etc. all of those towns are in Tarrant County. Although there may be a local police department in those towns, the Fort Worth Police Department also has jurisdiction throughout all of Tarrant County. The 911 call was likely routed to the Saginaw PD due to proximity to the victim's home and the Saginaw PD in turn dispatched the Ft Worth PD to the scene.

I too, agree when he called, he was connected to Saginaw. Probably mailing address. Saginaw may have felt like FWPD was more experienced in this type of crime, and they should be the investigating authority.
When I lived in Kansas, we were lucky to never have a murder or big criminal investigation, but I would bet my last dime if that did happen, the SD would be called in immediately.

Husband is a victim at the moment.

I wonder if the death rate due to first degree murder would drop drastically if it was mandatory thru out the U.S. the crime would be always tried as mandatory death sentence?

Do we have confirmation - his Costco employment was at closeby 'local' warehouse, not a Costco regional or district ofc? Costco HQ is in Wash st, so it was not a promo to Costco HQ, if he was Costco employee in Denver.
In link upthread), Craig's father is quoted as saying that Craig went first to TX to find a home/place to live.
Did they move as a result of a transfer-promotion w'in Costco? I did a quickie search for a Costco regional or dist office in FtW but did not find any. Maybe there is one. Still poss, that their CO to TX move could have been a 'local' Costco warehouse, not a regional or dist ofc promotion. IDK.

Do we have confirmation - his Costco employment was at closeby 'local' warehouse, not a Costco regional or district ofc? Costco HQ is in Wash st, so it was not a promo to Costco HQ, if he was Costco employee in Denver.
In link upthread), Craig's father is quoted as saying that Craig went first to TX to find a home/place to live.
Did they move as a result of a transfer-promotion w'in Costco? I did a quickie search for a Costco regional or dist office in FtW but did not find any. Maybe there is one. Still poss, that their CO to TX move could have been a 'local' Costco warehouse, not a regional or dist ofc promotion. IDK.

There is no Costco office in Fort Worth. The regional office is in Plano and it would not be possible for him to commute from far North Fort Worth to Plano. The Costco store near his home just opened this year. It's a brand new store.

Lots of young people are leaving Denver due to the high cost of living. Housing and rent has increased dramatically and many people have been priced out of the market. DFW has a lower cost of living in comparison.

There is no Costco office in Fort Worth. The regional office is in Plano and it would not be possible for him to commute from far North Fort Worth to Plano. The Costco store near his home just opened this year. It's a brand new store.

Lots of young people are leaving Denver due to the high cost of living. Housing and rent has increased dramatically and many people have been priced out of the market. DFW has a lower cost of living in comparison.
^^^BBM
According to this, Costco in North Fort Worth opened May 9, 2014:
http://costcohq.com/texas/
Costco N Fort Worth
8900 Tehama Ridge Pkwy
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Phone: (817) 806-9833
Store #1173 Opened: May 9, 2014

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online