Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both parents should go together to ID the body. Maybe if one is covering for the other, they will break and tell the truth about her death. JMO

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Idk, I hear ya, but if the mom is innocent of any involvement I don't think she should have to see her daughter this way, moo.

They were able to determine that the car was on for that hour by some setting in the car.

If he did this (and I think he or someone did) it was pretty smart to put her that close where it's conceivable she could have wandered, fallen into the ditch, and curled up in the culvert to feel safe and warm/dry out of the elements.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sherin could have walked it and hidden in the drain. Less than 15mins, in the dark and no roads need to be crossed (drain under Centennial). She is an orphan child from Kerala, this is not beyond her inner stamina. IMO.
So, dad puts her out by the tree at 3:00 am, in the pitch black. 15 minutes later she is gone. He claims he did laundry while waiting for daylight, and thought she would come back on her own. In the meantime, under cover of darkness he goes for a joy ride in his car, for an hour. He doesn't search for his daughter, he goes driving and does laundry. Search dogs did not detect her scent at the tree, or in any areas leading from the tree.

Sure, Sherin could have walked there. But she didn't.

Allison Harris, fox News 4. At the scene, says she can see the Mathews' house from the scene. Heartbreaking.
[video=twitter;922199171490295808]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/922199171490295808[/video]

Okay, I need a local for this. How quickly will the coroner get preliminary autopsy results in that area? Is the coroner Dallas County or will it have to be done in a state facility? I doubt Richardson has their own coronerbut if they did it would be surprising to have enough business for weekend hours. A preliminary result and ID would sure come in handy for the custody hearing tomorrow. Hopefully we won’t have to wait for DNA or toxicology results to get ID and COD/MOD.

p.s. Which County is the intersection of Bower and Spring Valley in Collin or Dallas?

IM sorry but when they say ‘calvert that runs under the road’ what exactly does that mean?
-sorry dumb Brit :) 🇬🇧
Is it like a drain type hole? Our drains here are totally different to those in the u.s.
Sorry to make the reference but would it be like the hole type drain like in the film ‘it’ (So sorry to put these two things in the same post)

IM sorry but when they say ‘calvert that runs under the road’ what exactly does that mean?
-sorry dumb Brit :) 
Is it like a drain type hole? Our drains here are totally different to those in the u.s.
Sorry to make the reference but would it be like the hole type drain like in the film ‘it’ (So sorry to put these two things in the same post)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culvert

Okay, I need a local for this. How quickly will the coroner get preliminary autopsy results in that area? Is the coroner Dallas County or will it have to be done in a state facility? I doubt Richardson has their own coronerbut if they did it would be surprising to have enough business for weekend hours. A preliminary result and ID would sure come in handy for the custody hearing tomorrow. Hopefully we won’t have to wait for DNA or toxicology results to get ID and COD/MOD.
I live in a very small town. The coroner is always on duty. No matter the time.
Unfortunately, we DO NOT have a forensics team.

It is said, "if you want to dispose of a body, McCreary County is the place to do it."

Many remains have been found, a few identified..... after many years.... the rest... still have not been identified.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I watched this. "That depends on the condition of the child." I wonder if this means she was in NO CONDITION to walk anywhere when placed there. In other words, already deceased?
My take on this comment is that she was either deceased or beaten so badly she couldn't have walked to this area.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Just got home and listened to the presser. And found out it was a Spring Valley culvert in the opposite direction from the Spring Valley culvert where I'd searched a week ago Saturday. Dang, I'm kicking myself. Spring Valley Rd has multiple culverts; I should've checked more of them. I am so upset about this. I'll try to think better next time; should have known it might have been an area (logically) where the account given would better fit...following the tracks north takes you right to that part of Spring Valley. :(

Map showing area:

attachment.php

The red balloon is the Spring Valley culvert area searched 1.7 miles west of the home (E Spring Valley Rd just east of Brick Row Dr)...but she was east, apparently, at S Bowser and Spring Valley. Sorry to be so OCD-repetitive, just can't get over how close I was and how I might've found her earlier...if only I'd used my head. :cry:

Where is the kicking myself emoticon... :(

Attachments

• Spring Valley culverts.jpg
    Spring Valley culverts.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 474
-sorry dumb Brit :) ����

It would be like a drainage pipe that runs under the road from one side to the other. A person probably couldn't fit in it, but animals and small children could. A lot of times, here in Canada anyway, there is a metal grill covering the openings so stuff doesn't get in there.

Sherin could have walked it and hidden in the drain. Less than 15mins, in the dark and no roads need to be crossed (drain under Centennial). She is an orphan child from Kerala, this is not beyond her inner stamina. IMO.
View attachment 125185

I know I’ll be in the minority ;) but I agree with you. It’s not far-fetched to believe she could wander there on her own. However, if she had sustained a major beating for disobedience (in reference to the child’s “condition” per the news conference) would she still be physically able to wander that far and hide (ostensibly from her father) in the culvert?

We don’t have any answers right now but they will come soon... and until then, we will carry sweet and innocent Sherin in our hearts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sickening. So, so sad.

Okay, I'll go now, and sit on my hands.

:tantrum: :gaah:

Just got home and listened to the presser. And found out it was a Spring Valley culvert in the opposite direction from the Spring Valley culvert where I'd searched a week ago Saturday. Dang, I'm kicking myself. Spring Valley Rd has multiple culverts; I should've checked more of them. I am so upset about this. I'll try to think better next time; should have known it might have been an area (logically) where the account given would better fit...following the tracks north takes you right to that part of Spring Valley. :(

Map showing area:

attachment.php

The red balloon is the Spring Valley culvert area searched 1.7 miles west of the home (E Spring Valley Rd just east of Brick Row Dr)...but she was east, apparently, at S Bowser and Spring Valley. Sorry to be so OCD-repetitive, just can't get over how close I was and how I might've found her earlier...if only I'd used my head. :cry:

Where is the kicking myself emoticon... :(
Do NOT kick yourself!!!!! Please!!! You done all you could do!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

-sorry dumb Brit :) 🇬🇧

In the winter, on both sides of the railroad tracks, there is a "ditch" that collects water, and then there is a "tunnel" that goes under the roads, where the water goes. So the culvert is a metal tube that goes under the road so the water can run freely. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value