TX - Six people shot at Houston strip mall; suspect dead, September 26, 2016

Tid Bits

.. found a .45 semiautomatic, 9mm handgun, 30-30 rifle, along with additional ammo, a body armor and gas mask,"
[h=4]More News Headlines[/h]

he was was struck six times during the shootout with police.
Monday morning was not Desai's first encounter with police. HPD came to his complex Aug. 4.
"We talked to the workers here that were putting the roof on. They said a man was on the third floor, that he had a rifle up there and was looking at them. Not that he pointed it at them but he was looking at them," said Art Ellis, the homeowners association president at The Oaks at West University..
"It was worrying them because they were getting ready to go past his unit to get to the roof again," Ellis said.
Ellis says Desai cursed the officer, but eventually calmed down and said he thought the workers were burglars.

Ellis says the roofers did not want to press charges. The HOA fined Desai $25 for brandishing the weapon.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/police-desai-had-a-prior-run-in-with-police

I think we are in the same camp as James Holmes - he was a military commander and the enemy was moving in . I visualize (him visualizing) tanks all over . His SM might be interesting, but I cant rmemeber his name and if you put in the word shooting this week Google crashes

Its depressing

I haven't had any problems googling about shootings. Could it be your computer instead? I just googled to get a current update on the Chicago shootings and several links came up for me to choose from. Try it again because there aren't any problems searching for anything you want to know about.

Tid Bits

.. found a .45 semiautomatic, 9mm handgun, 30-30 rifle, along with additional ammo, a body armor and gas mask,"
[h=4]More News Headlines[/h]

he was was struck six times during the shootout with police.
Monday morning was not Desai's first encounter with police. HPD came to his complex Aug. 4.
"We talked to the workers here that were putting the roof on. They said a man was on the third floor, that he had a rifle up there and was looking at them. Not that he pointed it at them but he was looking at them," said Art Ellis, the homeowners association president at The Oaks at West University..
"It was worrying them because they were getting ready to go past his unit to get to the roof again," Ellis said.
Ellis says Desai cursed the officer, but eventually calmed down and said he thought the workers were burglars.

Ellis says the roofers did not want to press charges. The HOA fined Desai $25 for brandishing the weapon.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/police-desai-had-a-prior-run-in-with-police

I had a feeling the day this happened that he was already known to the police by the way they talked.

I think we are in the same camp as James Holmes - he was a military commander and the enemy was moving in . I visualize (him visualizing) tanks all over . His SM might be interesting, but I cant rmemeber his name and if you put in the word shooting this week Google crashes

Its depressing

I asked Siri and she broke down in tears.

I suspect Nathan Desai is an injustice collector and has been harboring grudges for a long time.

Who was the Weslayan active shooting suspect?
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/who-was-the-active-shooting-suspect/326206638

"What personal problems he has going on in his life, who knows. I do know that there was a confrontation with a roofing company a few weeks ago that he had a problem with and I believe he was waving around his AR, but what set him off at 6:12 this morning, I don't know," said Jennifer Moredo. Watch her full interview here.

He likely never showed anything odd that I am aware of. The dissolving of the law firm was simply a tipping point for Desai.

Well, I don't know either, actually! LOL

But, yeah, my point is that he wore these items deliberately knowing they would cause a stir - people would notice what he wore. He's not in a sweatshirt, business shirt, bathrobe at 6:30 in the moring. He's in vintage military wear with some sort of Nazi stuff attached.

Can't figure out the meaning of that. Is it to say, "I'm not a Muslim terrorist so don't go down that road?"

IDK

Neo Nazi and terrorist eat from the same trough sometimes. Not saying that's the case here, it is just another segment of the disenfranchised or grudge collectors of societies Iran nurtures, it seems, besides its other good works.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pa...2-000-contest-cartoons-deny-holocaust-n300626

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...ear-deal-u-s-relations-and-holocaust-cartoons

"Iran's Javad Zarif" was asked this and more on the topic:

[...]

"But clearly it has to get a permit to hold the function.

Not really. It doesn’t need a permit to hold the function. We need to issue visas for people who come, and we take into consideration that people who have preached racial hatred and violence will not be invited.

Why does Iran allow a cartoon festival on the Holocaust?

Why does the United States have the Ku Klux Klan? Is the government of the United States responsible for the fact that there are racially hateful organizations in the United States? Don’t consider Iran a monolith. The Iranian government does not support, nor does it organize, any cartoon festival of the nature that you’re talking about. When you stop your own organizations from doing things, then you can ask others to do likewise."

[...]

By odd coincidence, last year these two shootings occurred days apart.

July 17th - Islamist terrorist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Chattanooga_shootings and on WS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ly-2015&highlight=Chattanooga+recruit+shooter

July 23rd - Shooter had neo nazi leanings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Lafayette_shooting and on WS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Lafayette-movie-theater-shooting-23-July-2015

I suspect Nathan Desai is an injustice collector and has been harboring grudges for a long time.

Who was the Weslayan active shooting suspect?
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/who-was-the-active-shooting-suspect/326206638

"What personal problems he has going on in his life, who knows. I do know that there was a confrontation with a roofing company a few weeks ago that he had a problem with and I believe he was waving around his AR, but what set him off at 6:12 this morning, I don't know," said Jennifer Moredo. Watch her full interview here.

He likely never showed anything odd that I am aware of. The dissolving of the law firm was simply a tipping point for Desai.
I concur he was likely an injustice collector. He does not sound like a Nazi sympathizer because of his association with the Jewish frat in college. If he had targeted a large Jewish gathering, such as at a synagogue or convention, I would think perhaps his intention was to infiltrate Jewish organizations to commit a mass murder. I don't remember anyone establishing that this was a Jewish neighborhood he attacked. I'm not sure his motivation in collecting Nazi memorabilia unless it fueled his outrage at Nazis. So, if he was pro-semitic, why did he wear the Nazi uniform and emblems in public during his tirade? I'm wondering if there was a Jewish friend or client he was angry with and so his purpose was to make the statement to whomever it was, "Look what you made me do."

If he really was pro-semitic, I wonder if his target clientele were Jewish. Perhaps, in that case, his anger was directed toward a group, not an individual, because he blamed them for his professional demise. On the other hand, if he was truly outraged at the Nazis, perhaps the Nazi paraphernalia during his assault symbolized his anger at the world in general because of its injustices. IOW, maybe he was an injustice collector by proxy for victims of atrocities as much as for himself.

Just some thoughts. :confused:

I concur he was likely an injustice collector. He does not sound like a Nazi sympathizer because of his association with the Jewish frat in college. If he had targeted a large Jewish gathering, such as at a synagogue or convention, I would think perhaps his intention was to infiltrate Jewish organizations to commit a mass murder. I don't remember anyone establishing that this was a Jewish neighborhood he attacked. I'm not sure his motivation in collecting Nazi memorabilia unless it fueled his outrage at Nazis. So, if he was pro-semitic, why did he wear the Nazi uniform and emblems in public during his tirade? I'm wondering if there was a Jewish friend or client he was angry with and so his purpose was to make the statement to whomever it was, "Look what you made me do."

If he really was pro-semitic, I wonder if his target clientele were Jewish. Perhaps, in that case, his anger was directed toward a group, not an individual, because he blamed them for his professional demise. On the other hand, if he was truly outraged at the Nazis, perhaps the Nazi paraphernalia during his assault symbolized his anger at the world in general because of its injustices. IOW, maybe he was an injustice collector by proxy for victims of atrocities as much as for himself.

It is always so interesting to see how differently people see things. Media messed up. He was not WEARING Nazi stuff, it was some kind of miliatry garb. In the presser the guy stated, it was some emblem or something, that he did not RECOGNIZE!!

I would think most would "recognize" a swatika. The "parahnila" in his car was a book, I dont think a book is paraphenila.

One main reason I see nothing signifgant in any of this angle in that he had other "era" (cival war) memorpbilia. He collected vintage, historic stuff that revoved around conflicts in history. Its collecting "history".

From what we have heard from folks that have been in his home , there were not swatiztickers, and pictures of Hitler on his walls!

I thin media "placed" parephnila where the accurate word is "memorbilia" and there is a huge difference in this context.

When they arrest folks who have 3 ak47s 6000 bullets, 4 shot off shotguns, and 6 bombs they dont use the word paraphenila?

We also need to remmeber that a lot of these eposides folks put on military garb of one sort or the other

Homes looked special SWAT, Dallas was all military Iraq stuff , lots of miliarized clothing in practically all of em. The only civilian clothing one I can recall right now is Roger Ellitot.

He clealry had interest in wars of past. Lots of people have those kind of passionate interests (ariplanes here). For some reason I think of war back then using a lot of tanks.

I connect the cars to tanks for some reason. NOthing specfically jewish/hitler - more generalized "war" angle.

Now I suppoe we could go since he started a Jewish thing, he might have intense hatred of what Hitler did - most do. We also have to at the same time, conclude that the profession does have a large Jeewish% , so there could be a vocationial "jewish" angle - other Jewish attorneys that were succesful , but that does not take me back to be a meomrbila coolecter, some (only some) of which were Hitler related.

We do gotta say that both the cival war, and the war with Hitler, in terms of historic wars were signfigant "war" events historically.

The random (super random) - a schoolroom, theatre, bar,cafe, stadium,conferance room, office ) are pretty "specfic" settings and confined.

He was ALL over the place, like a battlefield. In a lot of these we find unreal arsonels stockpiled, but I do not recall one with these kinda of numbers, which takes me back to the battlefeild as well.

I suppose if we find out stuff about his SM that might add up, but I dont get a sense that he was all that into SM - well see on that angle

I wonder if he even has real digital footprint --just dont "feel" like that will turn out to be the case with him.

jmo

It is always so interesting to see how differently people see things. Media messed up. He was not WEARING Nazi stuff, it was some kind of miliatry garb. In the presser the guy stated, it was some emblem or something, that he did not RECOGNIZE!!

I would think most would "recognize" a swatika. The "parahnila" in his car was a book, I dont think a book is paraphenila.

One main reason I see nothing signifgant in any of this angle in that he had other "era" (cival war) memorpbilia. He collected vintage, historic stuff that revoved around conflicts in history. Its collecting "history".

From what we have heard from folks that have been in his home , there were not swatiztickers, and pictures of Hitler on his walls!

I thin media "placed" parephnila where the accurate word is "memorbilia" and there is a huge difference in this context.

When they arrest folks who have 3 ak47s 6000 bullets, 4 shot off shotguns, and 6 bombs they dont use the word paraphenila?

We also need to remmeber that a lot of these eposides folks put on military garb of one sort or the other

Homes looked special SWAT, Dallas was all military Iraq stuff , lots of miliarized clothing in practically all of em. The only civilian clothing one I can recall right now is Roger Ellitot.

He clealry had interest in wars of past. Lots of people have those kind of passionate interests (ariplanes here). For some reason I think of war back then using a lot of tanks.

I connect the cars to tanks for some reason. NOthing specfically jewish/hitler - more generalized "war" angle.

Now I suppoe we could go since he started a Jewish thing, he might have intense hatred of what Hitler did - most do. We also have to at the same time, conclude that the profession does have a large Jeewish% , so there could be a vocationial "jewish" angle - other Jewish attorneys that were succesful , but that does not take me back to be a meomrbila coolecter, some (only some) of which were Hitler related.

We do gotta say that both the cival war, and the war with Hitler, in terms of historic wars were signfigant "war" events historically.

The random (super random) - a schoolroom, theatre, bar,cafe, stadium,conferance room, office ) are pretty "specfic" settings and confined.

He was ALL over the place, like a battlefield. In a lot of these we find unreal arsonels stockpiled, but I do not recall one with these kinda of numbers, which takes me back to the battlefeild as well.

I suppose if we find out stuff about his SM that might add up, but I dont get a sense that he was all that into SM - well see on that angle

I wonder if he even has real digital footprint --just dont "feel" like that will turn out to be the case with him.

jmo
I haven't seen any updates for a couple of days. The articles claiming he was wearing Nazi emblems during his rampage have not been corrected if they were in error. So, I don't know. We may not find out out what those emblems actually were and what type of military uniform he was wearing. While most of us do have an intense hatred of what Hitler and the Nazis did, we don't project hatred toward people (e.g., the world in general) because of the injustices someone else committed. I really don't know if that is the motivation for what DeSai did.

I agree that some people are just interested in collecting war memorabilia. In a book catalog I subscribe to, there is a history section devoted to books on war and the military. Most people interested in war are interested in it as an element of history. I hope investigators will be able to determine DeSai's motivation for his interest in war -- whether it was as an element of history, or if there was some dark, irrational motive. If he didn't leave a digital footprint (participation in history/war forums, or playing war games?) and didn't discuss such matters with friends/family, I'm afraid we may never know.

Ruff ruff

[video=youtube;BUleGGN0GNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUleGGN0GNU[/video]

I haven't seen any updates for a couple of days. The articles claiming he was wearing Nazi emblems during his rampage have not been corrected if they were in error. So, I don't know. We may not find out out what those emblems actually were and what type of military uniform he was wearing. While most of us do have an intense hatred of what Hitler and the Nazis did, we don't project hatred toward people (e.g., the world in general) because of the injustices someone else committed. I really don't know if that is the motivation for what DeSai did.

I agree that some people are just interested in collecting war memorabilia. In a book catalog I subscribe to, there is a history section devoted to books on war and the military. Most people interested in war are interested in it as an element of history. I hope investigators will be able to determine DeSai's motivation for his interest in war -- whether it was as an element of history, or if there was some dark, irrational motive. If he didn't leave a digital footprint (participation in history/war forums, or playing war games?) and didn't discuss such matters with friends/family, I'm afraid we may never know.

I just dont know - maybe its casue of WS. We keep up on stuff, this seems to happen on every story they vanish.

Is this becasue of us, by that following storeies - I dont remember stories just going kapoop like they do now days, was it always like this and world just did not notice ?

- I dont think so , journalism was honest at some point.

o/t kinda humm humm they play so many games -- stuff they want buried they release on Friday afternoons (they released video of the shooting El Cajon today) . The ony way it helped me was thinking how on earth could anyone not know there was something going on for him without needing a grad degree - just being human -he is obvously in distress moo

Watch Hillary and Trump on Monday mornings they dump junk!

Its really quite obnoxious imo

That would make Nathan Desai a vicarious injustice collector. Examples of them are Osama bin Laden, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Abubakar Shekau, Omar Mateen, Micah Johnson, and Lori Drew.

New Details Emerge in Mass Shooting that Injured 9 People

Boiyl, who’d been Desai’s neighbor for 14 years, told KPRC that he was a nice man and she would speak with him periodically when their paths would cross.

Boiyl told KPRC that she’d been on vacation this summer and noticed she wasn’t seeing Desai as often.

"He had been isolating himself a lot that's a very big sign of people with crippling depression," she said. "I don't want him painted as a demon because I don't in my heart believe he was. I think he became very ill.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back